alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6674|Houston, Texas
hm unless its the splash damage setting left at 100% while the other is set to 0%... that might be the trick
Phrozenbot
+632|6616|do not disturb

Would any of you find attack the uncaps as infantry legit? We have all played where we capped out the enemy and they just sort of gave up. Then it turns out everyone is having a picnic on the walls or at the Lao Tian Ye Road (or we the place is called). They have a fighting chance if we are foot soldiers in their base. Just think about how fun it is waiting for the enemy spawning on the walls lol.

Ok so what do people think about 16 player Great Wall? For vehicle whores, the worst you could do is get in the mobile AA, which sort of sucks. 2 AT rockets or 1 TOW missile does the trick. Would 5 rounds of 32 player size, and then 5 16 be alright? Anyone think too many players leave? If only that map had 32-64 player tickets, with about 20-30 people player.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6631|Washington, DC

16 player is fun. 5 and 5 isn't bad.
alien-DSW-Gen
+72|6674|Houston, Texas
Today soon as the 16 player came up and they were getting shot out of the sky and unable to get inside the wall, all but like 3 guys left the server on that team. The maps fun, but it just does not last long enough. If the turn out is alawys where people are dropping out when the 16 person comes up, i'd personally say put it to 99 rounds per map, and make it 32 player all the time.

As far as spawn rape, whatever really. It's not a whole lot of fun to have a possibility of 6 armored vehicles keeping a team stuck inside their spawn. I'd leave the server, or just not spawn until the round ended. I alawys find it lame when I am in a server and i'm getting raped in a noncap thats a LONG ways away from any cappable flags. I normally put it on my list of servers I probably wont return to play in later. I could care less if the other team out numbers me by 50 people, long as they arent raping me. That just means more targets for me. I'm alawys up for a challenge, but there is no challenge in spawn raping your enemy. It's one thing on the parachute spawn.. cause if they are going to risk opening their parachute soon as they spawn, they deserve to be shot at. But it's another to have a bunch of tanks and apc's (3 of which used to be your teams) shooting you as you spawn.

I say leave that portion of the rules AS IS. Then again there was plenty of spawn raping going on earlier when everyone from here left. It was really neat, we had flags but they were still in our non cap raping. Poor commander had over 20 deaths.
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6797|Barrington, RI
If you see problem Players post on the thread for it I've created on my clans forums. Please provide screenshots though. Our admins will check this frequently
leesupport
+39|6683
love the sever..finally got my 100 points as EU for the EU medal *got 150*

like playing there:D
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

Congrats Lee....good to see ya there last night

I dont think we need FF for mines on. Its such a rarity and will just piss off people, especially armour players who cant go anywhere for friendly mines. Even if they get out and defuse them, that defies the point of the mine and puts your own teams engineers at a loss. I think mines with FF off is fine really.

As for 16player version...Ive had about 10rounds of it a long time ago. I never came across EU parachutists getting AA raped! But then, they always capped the first flag and had no need to parachute again.
Id like to see it for when the server is running something small like 6v6 - since at that point on 32size, it is 4 vehicles (2APC 2 tanks) and 2 jeeps per team. No one is gona go infantry, and IO sucks on the map due to its scale.

Is the server able to be voted between 16 and 32 size Great Wall?? If so, then maybe we could use that....
Admin would be nice...but then I know that no1 outside of ST6 will get it, since it is their server. I had a server in CSS and SOF2, and I did the same with my clan, so thats no problem.

Last edited by Snake (2006-10-13 09:25:38)

Phrozenbot
+632|6616|do not disturb

Well you see you're not forced to parachute in as EU. That one buggy can instantly give the EU a flag in the back. And I also mean being in the uncaps as infantry. No one would be camping them with vehicles. You could get in them and drive them away, or steal it, but no mass murdering their team

And yea with small numbers, if the other team is tank whoring, then you sort of force the other team to do it. Doing tank battles on Great Wall isn't too bad actually. Should we have a rule on tank whoring, if it's bugging anyone though?
alien-DSW-Gen
+72|6674|Houston, Texas

=ST6=SewerMaster wrote:

If you see problem Players post on the thread for it I've created on my clans forums. Please provide screenshots though. Our admins will check this frequently
So not only do I have to write down their name, you want me to take screenshots, upload them to a hosting site, go to your clans website where i'll have to register an account i'm sure. Wow thats way too much work. Hitting Esc and Disconnect is a whole lot faster, since apparently my word isn't good enough.
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6797|Barrington, RI
just PM me the screenies then. I'll do the rest. i'd take your word for it but i have instructions i have to follow as well. And to eliminate the registration process I have created a Public account on the website STRICTLY for posting in the thread i mentioned. but so we know who's making the report each time please leave your account name and an e-mail address in case we need to contact you.  the account information is: username: bf2sGuest Password: greatwall

if this account is abused it will be deleted

link to the thread when logged into the site: http://www.sealteam6clan.com/website/vi … no=1#11796

Last edited by =ST6=SewerMaster (2006-10-13 10:00:15)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

Holy hell! Just had 6 great rounds on the server. SIXTEEN player size Then the rounds ended and went back to 32size. Did some1 vote it in, or did an ST6 admin put it on?
Hope to get in some more time later. Damn good fun. Even got called a cheater
Phrozenbot
+632|6616|do not disturb

Alien don't get discouraged buddy

So I read that VOIP is enabled but yet it doesn't work. How can we fix this?
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6797|Barrington, RI
it's a problem that may not have a solution.  It occurs on dedicated servers leased from Insomnia 365 which is our GSP.  we've looked into the problem extensively and all research points to there being no fix for ranked servers at this time.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

Thats a damn shame, and that explains why me n bot couldnt hear what each other was saying.

I currently have a 20slot TS2 server (fully paid for for another few months yet) if anyone wants to use it. Ill use it when on the GW server
Phrozenbot
+632|6616|do not disturb

If they are charging you extra for VOIP, I'd drop it then.
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6797|Barrington, RI
We have a Public Teamspeak Server set up for all to use. 70.86.12.58:8770 PW: ST6
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6631|Washington, DC

Main post updated w/ complaint info. Me, HGS, and the Seal Team 6 Clan thank you all for joining and supporting their server
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

Hurricane wrote:

Main post updated w/ complaint info. Me, HGS, and the Seal Team 6 Clan thank you all for joining and supporting their server
And me haha
Phrozenbot
+632|6616|do not disturb

Yesterday did ok, but not as good as before. Today has just been... dead.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

Well, Ive been playing SF today, so thats 1 less person! Yesterday was funny...and it was literally just me and you (and a LOT of messing about for what, 2 hours?!?!!!!). You revive/kill/revive/kill/revive/kill/revive/kill/revive/kill/revive/kill/revive/kill teamkilling whore
But, the C4 was fun
Phrozenbot
+632|6616|do not disturb

Hey Snake, I went on to other servers and played Taraba and Smoke Screen. Smoke Screen has the water too, but it's just barren on the outskirts. The river continues on Taraba, and I found a massive crater looking thing. The landscape is interesting, but not as interesting as Great Wall outskirts!

So yea, guess who was here today? BabySpinach!
https://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/Phrozenbot/screen115.png
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6628|Los Angeles, California, US.
So Thats Where Spinach Was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
Phrozenbot
+632|6616|do not disturb

He plays here more than you do!
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6628|Los Angeles, California, US.

Hellogoodsir wrote:

He plays here more than you do!
Yeah, But he missed the fun last night!!
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6677|respawn screen
I was there too, had a ping between 170 and 190, wasn't funny... (3:16 or something)

I played on a dutch server earlier today. It was like this:
- Oman (16 vs 16)
- Zatar (10 vs 10)
- Great Wall (Game will start when 2 players join)

It's a shame that nobody likes it...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard