Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6587|Your attic
I must of done it wrong the first time, tried it just now and all I can say is I wish this had been discovered earlier.

Great find sarge.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6650
ok good to see it worked I wasn't sure if it was just a placebo effect or not

Still not sure what the right value is, but just try a bunch of em..

also this in no way breaks the ROE, and if you configure any CVARS outside of acceptable range you get warned by PB and then eventually kicked from the server, so nothing bad can happen.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6618|Gold coast, Aus.
ok, sarge, hide this guide, destroy it if you have too. I dont want anyone else killing me with 4 shots like me
SargeX_au
+29|6749
Havn't tried it yet, but im amazed if this works and has taken 1 year to discover it.
confucious
+11|6465|Aus
Is it possible to change it in the; C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Settings\Usersettings.con file?
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6618|Gold coast, Aus.

confucious wrote:

Is it possible to change it in the; C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Settings\Usersettings.con file?
Thats what i did. You dont have to put the thingy in every time you start a game.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6670|Houston, Texas
I put mine in the console once, went to edit the usersettings.con file, it was already saved to file from previously.
basetballjones
+30|6745
Fuck!  The secret is out. 

I've been using these config changes for months, and they work like a charm.

Have fun guys, BF2 is about to get really hard.
GetOuttaMyChopper1
+7|6541
I need some help because I think im dumb.    Everytime I type it it,  it returns a  "1".   No matter what I put in for the value.
m0oSe
+3|6578
If it worked for you, please post what value you changed it to and your ping from the server you tried it on.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6628|Finland

shit.
I need around tree fiddy.
alien-DSW-Gen
+72|6670|Houston, Texas

GetOuttaMyChopper1 wrote:

I need some help because I think im dumb.    Everytime I type it it,  it returns a  "1".   No matter what I put in for the value.
you want it to say 1. That means it was accepted. If it said 0, you would of not had the caps correct, or typo'd.

Computer language "lingo".  0 = No 1 = Yes. Now you know how to read the server options in the server browser.

Last edited by alien-DSW-Gen (2006-10-06 01:39:10)

alien-DSW-Gen
+72|6670|Houston, Texas

m0oSe wrote:

If it worked for you, please post what value you changed it to and your ping from the server you tried it on.
I change mine according to my ping in the server. Tried it on several servers tonight, and its worked like a charm everytime. I just change mine to slightly higher then what my ping average is. For me it seems to work better to be a tad high then a tad low.

So lets say my ping is averaging 56-57. I change my # to 60.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6543|Doncaster, UK
So is there a definitive answer for what value should be used? Is it like the sniper latency thing where it should be the same as your ping?
Darky
Hi..
+71|6559|Here.

m0oSe wrote:

Value of around 200 worked well for me in a ~30 ping server. Still playing around with it though, but that seems to be the ideal setting for me.

I'd imagine its also hardware related, as well as connection related.
alien-DSW-Gen
+72|6670|Houston, Texas

Darky wrote:

m0oSe wrote:

Value of around 200 worked well for me in a ~30 ping server. Still playing around with it though, but that seems to be the ideal setting for me.

I'd imagine its also hardware related, as well as connection related.
that, and the most important of all, PLAYER STYLE. Some people lead a little more, some don't, etc. I think thats when people are going to have the biggest diffrences in settings.. and will need to try and find what works for them.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6587|Your attic

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

GetOuttaMyChopper1 wrote:

you want it to say 1. That means it was accepted. If it said 0, you would of not had the caps correct, or typo'd.

Computer language "lingo".  0 = No 1 = Yes. Now you know how to read the server options in the server browser.
Close but no cigar

If you type it wrong you get
"Invalid Syntax" IE the thing you entered doesn't exist

If it comes up with
Then you entered correct code but the value you entered is already the current value, so nothing is changed

If it comes up with
Then you've actually changed something

As for the best value I stuck it up to 500, seemed to work just as well 400, haven't tried the smaller values, mainly because I was so insanely impressed when it was set to the higher numbers.

Last edited by Towelly (2006-10-06 05:34:55)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6650
mkay I've edited my first post to clear things up more.. also I'm going to see if those other two values mean anything now.
Buzerk1
+44|6833
This should become a sticky!!
Zodiaccup
+42|6543

Buzerk1 wrote:

Nice work SargeV1.4!
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6617|Mhz

Ok Sarge can you clarify this a bit as i have a blinding headache and cant be arsed reading

my ping averages 10-25 (I've used latency comp and it helped a bit but as you say hig reg is still poop)

So I wan't to be changing this setting to what? 400? 50? 1? a googolplex?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6650
to be honest I don't know, but I get the same pings as you and set it to 400. just try different values and see what works best
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6523|Singapore

SargeV1.4 wrote:

[color=lime][b]Now verified: How to fix your hitreg!

The permanent way to do it:

1: Go to C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\settings
2: Open usersettings.con in notepad
3: Change the value of the line "SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime" to 400.
what does the "400" stands for?
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6763|Cambridge (UK)

Zodiaccup wrote:

Buzerk1 wrote:

Nice work SargeV1.4!
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6763|Cambridge (UK)

jkohlc wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

[color=lime][b]Now verified: How to fix your hitreg!

The permanent way to do it:

1: Go to C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\settings
2: Open usersettings.con in notepad
3: Change the value of the line "SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime" to 400.
what does the "400" stands for?
At a guess I would think it's a millisecond count - the 'time' between each interpolation sample...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard