Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6763|Cambridge (UK)
Is it safe to use these commands on ranked servers?

Does it not break the ROE?
l41e
+677|6645

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Is it safe to use these commands on ranked servers?

Does it not break the ROE?
As far as I know, no, it is simply compensating for lag and other people have done it, so I'm going to say "it's fine".
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6627|Washington, DC

No it doesn't break the ROE. It's changing your interpolation, basically how often you receive the locations of everyone from the server. If you've played CS or CS:S, it's basically like changing your "rates". Raising this value will take more of a toll on your internet connection, but should result in better hit detection.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6763|Cambridge (UK)
What about:

EA Ranked Server ROE version 2 wrote:

3.1.1 Players may not change (hack) any core games files or effectively change game settings by employing external programs or cheats for the purposes of giving themselves an unfair advantage over other players.
?
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6588|Your attic

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

What about:

EA Ranked Server ROE version 2 wrote:

3.1.1 Players may not change (hack) any core games files or effectively change game settings by employing external programs or cheats for the purposes of giving themselves an unfair advantage over other players.
?
First, meh

Second, this isn't changing core game files, the file these settings sit in is called "usersettings" as in the user can set them up however they want, and no 3rd party programs are used, think of it like changing your localization files.

As well as that people have been doing the latency compensation thing for ages, never heard of anyone being called up over it.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6763|Cambridge (UK)
As with anything, it depends how you interpret it:

Personally I'm not at all sure... Sometimes I think I agree with you, sometimes I think I don't...

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2006-10-05 18:16:04)

deadawakeing
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
+145|6479

Dex Luther wrote:

StormEye wrote:

So does it mean when I shoot someone in the head with a sniper rifle, and see dust comeout but no kill, it is a bad hit reg?
yes

PS: I'm against solo TV guiding. Look at the space the dude has to crawl through to switch seats. You think the guy and crawl through that almost instantly, fire a tv missle, guide it, then crawl back through that tiny space and regain control of the chopper before it spins out of control and crashes? I think not.
k if you want extreme realism play fucking americas amry you idiot do you think u can drive a tank bail out and kill 5 people with a shotgun no and hop into a helicopter right after all that no.

Last edited by deadawakeing (2006-10-05 18:18:48)

uberdoc
+3|6413|California
Its like cvars in CS and CSS. They aren't illegal.
zer0fus10n
+14|6509

killer21 wrote:

I don't have a problem with hit detection.  I just know how to aim.  Maybe you should give it a try.
Hit rego has totally fucked my gameplay, Ive had to go from being able to shoot the target and make them taste dirt whislt running and standing still, Now i had to adapt to shooting a little bit infront of them and it's just changed totally like a different game... It's not got anything to do with aiming properlly at them, Yesterday i was on the carrier and a noob was annoying me so i tried to kill him with support mg36 and i shot him over 75 times these 75 bullets hit him on my screen, and all i got was one big ass smoke cloud... I couldn't kill him it was impossible... So anything to get my bullet rego back to normal will be pleasing for me.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6760

Dude this was ridiculous... i did both this and the latency compensation thing and I was on fire tonight. I played on a full 64, and got a score of 1a12 using the Assault/Medic kits with the Ak's. The next highest score was around 48 i believe, not counting the 2x commander score. It was awesome to just point and shoot and actually score hits, rather than have those stupid misses sometimes that piss us all off. Thanks for the tip.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6716|Melbourne, Australia

killer21 wrote:

ZoMG!!! J000 r 1337!!!!!!  You are the one trying to fix your hitreg chief.  Not me.  Btw, I didn't say your squad, i said you should give it a try with aiming. 
ur a fuken idiot... if you actully were any good and played this game youd realise the game has terrible rego
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6618|Gold coast, Aus.

Darkhelmet wrote:

Which value did you use Gene_Pool ???
I used 400
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6653|Brisbane, Australia

deadawakeing wrote:

Dex Luther wrote:

StormEye wrote:

So does it mean when I shoot someone in the head with a sniper rifle, and see dust comeout but no kill, it is a bad hit reg?
yes

PS: I'm against solo TV guiding. Look at the space the dude has to crawl through to switch seats. You think the guy and crawl through that almost instantly, fire a tv missle, guide it, then crawl back through that tiny space and regain control of the chopper before it spins out of control and crashes? I think not.
k if you want extreme realism play fucking americas amry you idiot do you think u can drive a tank bail out and kill 5 people with a shotgun no and hop into a helicopter right after all that no.
Also english language.
nlsme
+48|6412|new york
about the sig sarge there is nothing wrong with claymores for any purpose,or using any weapon anywhere,and the solo choppers are just a lil outta hand.i would like to see one person that does this to do it w/o a macro.but thanx for the tip!!!!btw solo is a glitch that nobody seems to care about,but get me in a j10 and they all yell play fair lol.how is doing something realistic unfair to the ones who exploit a flaw in the game?
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6618|Gold coast, Aus.
One problem....It may not be related but it takes age to connect to account server now....Ever since i did this. Also, when i click "Disconnect" it takes ages to dissconnect.....Also happens to my friend that also did this trick.
oberst_enzian
+234|6740|melb.au

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

i will try it later, if this works buttsecks for sarge
definitely.

SargeV1.4 wrote:

killer21 wrote:

ZoMG!!! J000 r 1337!!!!!!  You are the one trying to fix your hitreg chief.  Not me.  Btw, I didn't say your squad, i said you should give it a try with aiming. 
Awwww how cute! you tried to make a personal attack but failed, no need to try and bullshit your way out of it.
rofl. prawned.

gene_pool wrote:

One problem....It may not be related but it takes age to connect to account server now....Ever since i did this. Also, when i click "Disconnect" it takes ages to dissconnect.....Also happens to my friend that also did this trick.
hmmm. i've actually had this as a symptom ever since the last patch, i hope this cvar doesn't make it worse, as that would mean waitin for over a minute for the fucker...
turkeybacon
+50|6443|Dragon Valley

nlsme wrote:

about the sig sarge there is nothing wrong with claymores for any purpose,or using any weapon anywhere,and the solo choppers are just a lil outta hand.i would like to see one person that does this to do it w/o a macro.but thanx for the tip!!!!btw solo is a glitch that nobody seems to care about,but get me in a j10 and they all yell play fair lol.how is doing something realistic unfair to the ones who exploit a flaw in the game?
uh i dont use a macro to solo tv, its easy. the chopper starts spinning clockwise, so you adjust like 30 degrees CC before the shot....fly high enough that you wont bail out of control when you jump back to pilot.

i can do it, i still think its stupid though
turkeybacon
+50|6443|Dragon Valley

gene_pool wrote:

I think this is just today.....its been taking AGES to get logged in/out today. I was talking to some other guy online and he said the same thing. I think their servers are just bogged down or bugging out today. Also had some weird glitch where I had a kickass round (152) and got promoted to private first class.....im gunnery serg. But I checked BFHQ and alls normal now, it even accounted for my points from the round/day.
siciliano732
+202|6646|New York

killer21 wrote:

your a pretty gay kid....

what the fuck is "ZoMG" "JOOO r 1337"....speak english bro...honestly, and grow up while your at it.  You just make yourself seem even more foolish...

Last edited by siciliano732 (2006-10-05 20:37:27)

LOL INTERP? Most leagues don't allow fucking around with interp in CS, I think it is the same in BF2. Not sure, but you might want to watch out of your a league player.
gburndred
tiga tiga tiga tiga tiga woods ya'll
+95|6636|Calgary,AB,Canada
Hey sarge is it okay if i post this guide on my clans website? I'll give you credit for once i post it.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6457|UK
If you read all of sarges post you will realise there is a disclaimer if your reg is fine shut the f*** up and don't comment. Are now I might actually get someone with my knife again too bad you can't copy and paster .
Darky
Hi..
+71|6559|Here.
I imagine the value would be ping dependent? ie. The lower the ping, the higher the value and vice versa?
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6703|Antarctica
I tried this on a POE2 server and it made a world of difference, nice job on finding this
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6671|Houston, Texas

Darky wrote:

I imagine the value would be ping dependent? ie. The lower the ping, the higher the value and vice versa?
I was in a server pinging around 50-55. I tried 400, couldnt shoot a thing. I changed it to 50, i was hitting everything in site. People were dropping with out getting the X hit indicator.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard