Poll

Should all muslims be repatriated to their ancestral homes?

Yes28%28% - 41
No37%37% - 53
Go fuck yourself34%34% - 49
Total: 143
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

.:XDR:.PureFodder wrote:

a) Muslims = Good
b) Crazy evil Muslim holding a detonator = bad

Almost all Muslims are in category `a`
I almost entirely agree, I would make one slight ammendment:

a) Muslims = Normal (not bad, but no better than anyone else)
b) Crazy evil Muslim holding a detonator = bad
--->[Your]Phobia<---
+35|6756|UK - England

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

fkin_ wrote:

what if all christians and jews and europeans were expelled from the usa. given back to the native indians............. hell yeh

send em back to where they came from the invading bitches.
The you would have to deal with us and we will fuck you up. So whats worse? LMAO.
Are you 12?

I voted No. If they were sent home I dunooo.. they probably take all their wealth with them. Now that I'd lke to see all foreigners in the USA withdraw all their monies from banks especially arab nations and leave America in economic collapse - Would be awesome !!
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6793

Bertster7 wrote:

aardfrith wrote:

London is not the centre of England, let alone the UK.  Terrorism is not restricted to London.  Now that the IRA have renounced violence, I have no wish for a return to the days when terrorism and the fear of it was part of daily life.
Are you joking? London is the centre of England and indeed the UK, not geographically certainly, but in every other way. London has a population of almost 10 million of the UK's 60 million inhabitants. London is by far the largest city in the country and is amongst the largest in the world (609 sq miles). London is the economic and political centre of the country, subsiding the rest of the country by £100s of millions every year.

Where is the centre of England if not London?

There have been more terror attacks in London than anywhere else in the country, by a long way.
No, there have been far more terror attacks in Belfast than London.  Tit for tat killings at bookmakers, random roadblocks, Catholic children being attacked whilst walking to school, it all adds up.

I accept that London is the largest city in the UK but the last population estimate I saw (Mid-2004 Resident Population Estimate (2001 Census based) Office for National Statistics) said 7.4 million.  If you've inflated your population figure by 33%, how much are you exaggerating the rest?  Got a source for the economics?

I would say Birmingham is closer to the centre of England.  Yes, I'm talking geographically.  If you're talking population wise, probably still Brum.  The city itself is quite large and it's nearer to the large northern connurbations of Merseyside, Manchester and Leeds/Bradford.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

--->[Your]Phobia<--- wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

fkin_ wrote:

what if all christians and jews and europeans were expelled from the usa. given back to the native indians............. hell yeh

send em back to where they came from the invading bitches.
The you would have to deal with us and we will fuck you up. So whats worse? LMAO.
Are you 12?

I voted No. If they were sent home I dunooo.. they probably take all their wealth with them. Now that I'd lke to see all foreigners in the USA withdraw all their monies from banks especially arab nations and leave America in economic collapse - Would be awesome !!
I dunno about the accuracy of that. Investment by Arab nations in the US is only about $4 billion. British investment in the US is over $1/4 trillion. The 5 million muslims withdrawing their money from banks would be fine, they would also have to pay back any debts. The debt of the average US citizen is about $11000. It might actually help the US economy, although losing nearly 2% of the work force might cause problems for economic productivity, but would at least reduce unemployment.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

aardfrith wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

aardfrith wrote:

London is not the centre of England, let alone the UK.  Terrorism is not restricted to London.  Now that the IRA have renounced violence, I have no wish for a return to the days when terrorism and the fear of it was part of daily life.
Are you joking? London is the centre of England and indeed the UK, not geographically certainly, but in every other way. London has a population of almost 10 million of the UK's 60 million inhabitants. London is by far the largest city in the country and is amongst the largest in the world (609 sq miles). London is the economic and political centre of the country, subsiding the rest of the country by £100s of millions every year.

Where is the centre of England if not London?

There have been more terror attacks in London than anywhere else in the country, by a long way.
No, there have been far more terror attacks in Belfast than London.  Tit for tat killings at bookmakers, random roadblocks, Catholic children being attacked whilst walking to school, it all adds up.

I accept that London is the largest city in the UK but the last population estimate I saw (Mid-2004 Resident Population Estimate (2001 Census based) Office for National Statistics) said 7.4 million.  If you've inflated your population figure by 33%, how much are you exaggerating the rest?  Got a source for the economics?

I would say Birmingham is closer to the centre of England.  Yes, I'm talking geographically.  If you're talking population wise, probably still Brum.  The city itself is quite large and it's nearer to the large northern connurbations of Merseyside, Manchester and Leeds/Bradford.
Belfast is not in England. That does nothing to contradict my claims. I did in fact state earlier:

Bertster7 wrote:

F) You may have lived on a base in Germany, but the vast majority of IRA terror attacks were in London (or possibly Northern Ireland actually).
The population of London depends your definition of it, London continuous urban area was home to 8,278,251 at the time of the 2001 census. London's wider metropolitan area has a population of between 12 and 14 million. Greater London had an estimated 7.5 million inhabitants, but that is not all of London.
London is the most populated city in the EU (figures from Eurostat, the statistical arm of the European Commission). Birmingham only has a population of a little over 1 million.

I was wrong about the economics, I admit. It's not £100s of millions a year. It's £20 billion a year (or at least 10 billion, depending which figures you look at).

BBC wrote:

Londoners subsidise the rest of the UK to the tune of £20 billion a year
Source
In 1999 Londons metropolitan area produced 30% of the GDP of the UK, in 2005 Greater London contributed 18% to the UKs GDP. Making London one of the largest economies in the world, I'm talking national economies here, not cities. London (and the South East in general) is where the money is made. Londons primary industry is finance. Tourism in London generates nearly double the entire economy of a city like Birmingham.

Figures are taken from the LSE, BBC and wikipedia.
LSE publications can be found here.
Jainus
+30|6577|Herts, UK

Bertster7 wrote:

Are you joking? London is the centre of England and indeed the UK, not geographically certainly, but in every other way.

Bertster7 wrote:

Belfast is not in England.
No, but it is in the UK which you did say. If your going to contradict yourself, at least try and cover it up better and not just assume that the rest of us can't read.

With regards to the attacks in Germany, you are quite correct there have been more in London. Now would you like to consider the number of bomb scares and the climate of fear that surrounded my families life there?

For example, i used to check under each and every vehicle every time i got in one... do Londoners do that? Every time we saw a plastic bag, rucksack, briefcase, shoebox, whatever left unattended it was reported as a possible bomb... do Londoners do that? Every time a stranger was seen loitering about either the fence of the camp or even within the camp itself, they were reported and investigated... do Londoners do that?

The answer to all these questions is no, they don't. London may have suffered more attacks than Germany but trying to state that London is the only place under threat is worse than fucking stupid; its dangerous in its complacency. Once more for you as you seem to be having trouble grasping such a complicated idea, there are places outside London... try looking at a map (or an atlas if that isn't too long a word); you'll be surprised just how much is out there.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6654

Jainus wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Are you joking? London is the centre of England and indeed the UK, not geographically certainly, but in every other way.

Bertster7 wrote:

No, but it is in the UK which you did say. If your going to contradict yourself, at least try and cover it up better and not just assume that the rest of us can't read.
This whole debate sprung from whether people who are more likely than the general population (the example used was Londoners) are going to just roll over and let fear run their lives in the face of a terrorist danger.  If you've got proof that's what people in Belfast do, then this point is worth arguing.  I used London as an example.  It applies to any major city where people have dealt with the threat of terrorism for an extended period.  Life goes on, and to change the way you act beyond basic security precautions is letting the terrorist put the economic pressure which they desire upon the people and their government.

Jainus wrote:

With regards to the attacks in Germany, you are quite correct there have been more in London. Now would you like to consider the number of bomb scares and the climate of fear that surrounded my families life there?

For example, i used to check under each and every vehicle every time i got in one... do Londoners do that? Every time we saw a plastic bag, rucksack, briefcase, shoebox, whatever left unattended it was reported as a possible bomb... do Londoners do that? Every time a stranger was seen loitering about either the fence of the camp or even within the camp itself, they were reported and investigated... do Londoners do that?

The answer to all these questions is no, they don't. London may have suffered more attacks than Germany but trying to state that London is the only place under threat is worse than fucking stupid; its dangerous in its complacency. Once more for you as you seem to be having trouble grasping such a complicated idea, there are places outside London... try looking at a map (or an atlas if that isn't too long a word); you'll be surprised just how much is out there.
I'm the son of an ex-military guy. Whilst the IRA was bombing (and targeting mostly military targets) our family lived in an area that was fair game; in Germany on the military base itself. None of the bases were particularly close to a large city or to London (being as they were in Germany. You know where Germany is?) but don't be so fucking stupid as to tell me that there was no danger because i didn't live in London. You owe Aardfrith an apology for trivialising his fears and you owe an apology to every other member of the UK who doesn't live in London. Get your head out of your arse.
You aren't worth even talking to.  Here's why: 

Strike 1: I DON'T LIVE IN LONDON.  Shall I apologise to myself.  YOU should apologise for misquoting me.
Strike 2: SHOW ME WHERE THE FUCK I SAID THERE WAS NO CHANCE OF BEING A VICTIM OF TERRORISM OUTSIDE LONDON.   
Strike 3: All I said was people in London think that you either deal the risk with and get on with your normal life, or get the fuck out of dodge.  Not be a pussy who won't even get on a bus if you see someone in Muslim garb on it.

edit: "try looking at a map (or an atlas if that isn't too long a word);" FYI i've been to France, Germany, Belgium, Austria, Czech, Holland, Greece, Canada, Hong Kong, Malta and more.  And I've got plenty of plans to go to many, many more.

Last edited by UnOriginalNuttah (2006-10-06 10:35:04)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

Jainus wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

That's not what I've done at all. I DID claim that London was the centre of the UK, which I stand by. The "Belfast is not in England" statement was to do with terrorist attacks and I did say there could well have been more terrorist attacks in Northern Ireland. The very fact I have made the distinction between England and the UK in that first statement reinforces my point.

I never claimed at any point that there were more terrorist attacks in London than in Northern Ireland.

What I did say at one point was:
In the country. The country is England. Not the UK.

Jainus wrote:

Unattended baggage scares in central London, they used to happen a lot. Lot's of people used to get very worked up about it (I didn't because I just assume these things probably won't happen to me, why bother about them, but lots of people do). I've been waiting at a coach stop in Victoria and seen police cars swerve across the road because they had been told about an unattended bag at the coach stop next to me. So yes, things like that do happen. Stations have been closed for controlled explosions of unattended baggage, which usually turned out to be just that, unattended baggage.

Jainus wrote:

The answer to all these questions is no, they don't.
They did and to a certain extent still do. Especially about a year ago after the 7/7 bombings, which pissed me off, because it's my birthday and it messed up my plans for the day and messed up the mobile networks - that is being affected by terrorism. It's not as bad as being blown up, not by a long way, but it's enough to piss me off.

Jainus wrote:

London may have suffered more attacks than Germany but trying to state that London is the only place under threat is worse than fucking stupid; its dangerous in its complacency. Once more for you as you seem to be having trouble grasping such a complicated idea, there are places outside London... try looking at a map (or an atlas if that isn't too long a word); you'll be surprised just how much is out there.
I never stated that London was the only place under threat. I have implied it was the place in ENGLAND, under the MOST threat from terrorism, which all the figures back me up on.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6722|Eastern PA

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Does this make me racist? Nope, I Just would expect anyone living in america, claiming to Love america, to Suooprt america and Protest WITH AMERICA and fight WITH AMERICA against radical Islam. If you cant do that small favor for the country you claim to love, then why are you here again?
Actually, yes it does. Why should law-abiding citizens protest the actions of a fringe group. Should evangelicals or Catholics be compelled to protest the actions of the KKK or Provisional IRA? Should Jews as a whole be suspect because of the actions of Meir Kahane and his Kach organization? No.

There is an implicit assumption that the majority of Christians don't support the KKK and similar groups and there should be the same assumption when it comes to Muslims, especially when the levels of radicalism among American Muslims is so low and considering their choosing to work with the FBI and local law enforcement organizations post-9/11. That's more important that any hollow show of loyalty. What good is a protest? In fact there have been protests here and elsewhere against Islamists yet still there's the same idea that they are somehow "foreign" and "against us".
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

Masques wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Does this make me racist? Nope, I Just would expect anyone living in america, claiming to Love america, to Suooprt america and Protest WITH AMERICA and fight WITH AMERICA against radical Islam. If you cant do that small favor for the country you claim to love, then why are you here again?
Actually, yes it does. Why should law-abiding citizens protest the actions of a fringe group. Should evangelicals or Catholics be compelled to protest the actions of the KKK or Provisional IRA? Should Jews as a whole be suspect because of the actions of Meir Kahane and his Kach organization? No.

There is an implicit assumption that the majority of Christians don't support the KKK and similar groups and there should be the same assumption when it comes to Muslims, especially when the levels of radicalism among American Muslims is so low and considering their choosing to work with the FBI and local law enforcement organizations post-9/11. That's more important that any hollow show of loyalty. What good is a protest? In fact there have been protests here and elsewhere against Islamists yet still there's the same idea that they are somehow "foreign" and "against us".
QFT
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6793

Bertster7 wrote:

England is indeed a country.  But then the UK is also a country, made up of four constituent countries - England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland - http://www.number-10.gov.uk/output/Page823.asp  Hence the word is ambiguous.  Personally, I took it to mean the UK as a whole - hence the inclusion of Belfast - but I accept your meaning and it makes the rest of what you said make sense.
Korpen
+6|6420
Deporting people can only be based on thier actions not their religion, race etc. I would say that deporting muslims simply because they are muslim is pretty much spitting on the constitution and any sense of justice.

Last edited by Korpen (2006-10-06 15:55:40)

Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6709|Wilmington, DE, US
Only if we get to repatriate all those Euros to their ancestral homes.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

aardfrith wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

England is indeed a country.  But then the UK is also a country, made up of four constituent countries - England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland - http://www.number-10.gov.uk/output/Page823.asp  Hence the word is ambiguous.  Personally, I took it to mean the UK as a whole - hence the inclusion of Belfast - but I accept your meaning and it makes the rest of what you said make sense.
Well, sorry for the ambiguity. I should have said Britain not the UK, then there would have been no ambiguity.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

Bertster7 wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Are you 12?

I dunno about the accuracy of that. Investment by Arab nations in the US is only about $4 billion. British investment in the US is over $1/4 trillion. The 5 million muslims withdrawing their money from banks would be fine, they would also have to pay back any debts. The debt of the average US citizen is about $11000. It might actually help the US economy, although losing nearly 2% of the work force might cause problems for economic productivity, but would at least reduce unemployment.
How much money do the Arabs have invested in America, though? [WARNING: ANECDOTE] I heard it was in the order of a few hundred billion.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
the_hitman_kills
Agent 47 wannabe
+32|6465|Inside my APC
I vote no.

Where would it stop, concentration camps and gas chambers (sound familiar?).
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6654

Spark wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Are you 12?

How much money do the Arabs have invested in America, though? [WARNING: ANECDOTE] I heard it was in the order of a few hundred billion.
I'd say they've probably underwritten at least that in treasury bonds.  Bush probably worked out a deal where they get bonds instead of cash for oil. 

Here's a point all this 'send 'em backs' haven't considered (and many of them are pro-Israel remember): 

If America and the rest of the West sends millions of extra Muslims to the middle east with a serious grudge against the fascists who shipped them off and anyone who supports them.... don't you think that might piss your allies Israel off a tinsy bit?
JaMDuDe
+69|6777

CameronPoe wrote:

So, here's an open question for everyone -

Should all muslims based here in western nations be repatriated back to the countries from which they themselves or their fathers and forefathers come from?

After making your choice please expound on the merits of and reasoning behind said choice, it's feasibility, etc. I feel a lot of people on this forum would genuinely like to see fellow countrymen and women, who happen to be muslim, expelled from their country. This is their platform to tell me why.
Yes, too many terrorists and radicals are coming with them. If we sent them home they could just fight eachother instead of us. Muslims = noobs. We should stop buying oil as soon as possible too.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6654

JaMDuDe wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

So, here's an open question for everyone -

Should all muslims based here in western nations be repatriated back to the countries from which they themselves or their fathers and forefathers come from?

After making your choice please expound on the merits of and reasoning behind said choice, it's feasibility, etc. I feel a lot of people on this forum would genuinely like to see fellow countrymen and women, who happen to be muslim, expelled from their country. This is their platform to tell me why.
Yes, too many terrorists and radicals are coming with them. If we sent them home they could just fight eachother instead of us. Muslims = noobs. We should stop buying oil as soon as possible too.
JaMDuDe [teamkills] Israel

Last edited by UnOriginalNuttah (2006-10-06 16:56:48)

JaMDuDe
+69|6777
We can make the west side of new york the new israel and blow up iran and north korea. All world problems are solved.
Raptor1
+19|6488
deport them and let them kill each other somewhere else
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6709|Wilmington, DE, US

Raptor1 wrote:

deport them and let them kill each other somewhere else
You should go with them! FABULOUS!
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6654

JaMDuDe wrote:

We can make the west side of new york the new israel and blow up iran and north korea. All world problems are solved.
You could have done that 50 years ago and most of the problems wouldn't even exist.  Everyone would be one big happy family.  Except maybe North Korea, but they are only threatening in a yappy Yorkshire Terrier kind of way.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b0/JorkshireNamedNika.png/250px-JorkshireNamedNika.png
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

You could have done that 50 years ago and most of the problems wouldn't even exist.  Everyone would be one big happy family.  Except maybe North Korea, but they are only threatening in a yappy Yorkshire Terrier kind of way.
Except for the fact that North Korea have announced they will be conducting a nuclear test soon. I wouldn't dismiss them like that. Good thing their missiles won't reach Europe or the US, but look out Japan.

I do like the idea of moving Israel to the US though - you're onto a winner there Jamdude!
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

Spark wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Are you 12?

I did point out in the post you quoted that Arab investment in the US is only around $4 billion.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard