Absinthe
+18|6727
Hey sup

Just wondering.. I pre-ordered the game using the EA downloader. How will I get my cdkey ?
Email ? something..?
instakill
+3|6595|Canberra ACT
just download and install through eadownloader and off you go, no cd key
Absinthe
+18|6727
ok, so how will they connect my "veteran" name I already registered, to the EA downloader account ?

I'm saying so, because much like everybody in here, I bought a retail BF2 game !
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6517|Doncaster, UK
I don't think it's quite as easy as that otherwise what's stops you from downloading it on multiple computers?

I do believe that the file comes down encrypted and then you will be supplied with a key (your key) to install it on the 17th. I may be wrong though.
Darkneoknight
+1|6716|Elkhorn, WI
It probably matches it to your EA account. As for your vet. status, just login with the name you registered.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6517|Doncaster, UK
Vet status I think you need to do the same as if you were retrieving an account by email in BF2. Just log in with your EA/Gamespy account email address and I think it'll retrieve the name you reserved.

Sounds reasonable anyway..... what's the bets I'm wrong and lots of people are gonna find the names they reserved and then told everyone about have been squatted.
Absinthe
+18|6727
EXACTLY as I suspected @&#%^*#%^*#

My BF2 username is rouvio. This username was given the "veteran" thingy.
I tried to login using this username to the 2142 demo servers - USERNAME NOT IN DATABASE  or something close to it..

Whats up with that ?
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6814|Bryan/College Station, TX

Absinthe wrote:

I tried to login using this username to the 2142 demo servers - USERNAME NOT IN DATABASE  or something close to it..

Whats up with that ?
You instead use your gamespy EA login and password. Not your BF2 login.

Any one going to upload the Demo to the BF2S FTP Section for general consumption?
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439
If you prepaid you get a key via e-mail.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6814|Bryan/College Station, TX

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Right for the full game because you have to download it. Hence you get the key via email. The demo shouldn't require a key.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Hyper
Banned
+154|6721

Absinthe wrote:

Whats up with that ?
request the pw to the email you reg'd with
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439

kilroy0097 wrote:

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Right for the full game because you have to download it. Hence you get the key via email. The demo shouldn't require a key.
It doesn't. When you order BF2142 from EA DLer the demo's file should be located toward the bottom of the DLer's application. Look there.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard