ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
Anti-Gay Kansas Church May Cancel Protests at Funerals for Slain Amish Girls

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

By Sara Bonisteel

The controversial anti-homosexual Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan., plans to stage a protest at the funerals of the five Amish girls executed in their Pennsylvania school, according to a flyer posted on the church's Web site.

The church is protesting the funerals because of the attendance of Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell, who has spoken out against the church publicly, the flyer says. Both Amish and non-Amish residents of Lancaster County — where the shooting took place — have vowed to not allow any protesters anywhere near the funeral services.

But the daughter of the church's pastor, Rev. Fred Phelps, told FOXNews.com on Wednesday the church would cancel the protests if given media time on radio and television as a platform to espouse Westboro's beliefs.

"We're not going to any of the Amish funerals — that's the agreement we're making — that we won't go to any of them," Shirley Phelps-Roper told FOXNews.com.

Phelps-Roper defended the church's decision to protest at the Amish girls' funerals.

"Those Amish people, everyone is sitting around talking about those poor little girls — blah, blah, blah — they brought the wrath upon themselves," Phelps-Roper said, adding that the Amish "don't serve God, they serve themselves."

On Monday, Charles Carl Roberts IV killed five girls — Naomi Rose Ebersole, 7; Anna Mae Stoltzfus, 12; Marian Fisher, 13; Mary Liz Miller, 8; and her sister Lena Miller, 7 — in a rural Amish schoolhouse in Lancaster County, Pa.

Click here to visit FOXNews.com's Crime Center

Donald Kraybill, a professor of sociology at Elizabethtown College in Lancaster County, Pa., calls the church's plans a publicity stunt.

"I don't think there's any connection between the Amish incident and their agenda. They just want to get in the spotlight," Kraybill said. "It's giving them national attention and it's a cheap and easy and really terrible way to gain some visibility."

The church's latest flyer, posted on its Web site, www.godhatesfags.com, notes these protests will be against Rendell for "slanderous" statements against the church.

Westboro's latest rhetoric is in line with the other beliefs of it's 70 church members, who hold that the deaths of U.S. troops are God's punishment for America's tolerance of homosexuality.

The Westboro Baptist Church has made its name demonstrating at the funerals of soldiers killed in the Iraq war. Their controversial and colorful placards proclaim their anti-gay stance with slogans such as "Thank God for Dead Soldiers," "America Is Doomed" and "Soldier Fag in Hell."

Before it garnered national attention, the church made its name around Kansas, where 16 years ago, it started protested the funerals of AIDS victims. And while their demonstrations of late have focused on the funerals of U.S. soldiers, Westboro church members have taken their picket signs to the memorials for the 12 Sago miners who perished in January in West Virginia.

Earlier this year, prompted by the church protests, Congress passed a law that banned protesters from military funerals at federal cemeteries. More than a dozen states have passed similar legislation creating protest-free buffer zones around cemeteries during funerals.

Phelps-Roper told FOXNews.com in February that the church has a right to protest.

"We are delivering a message," Phelps-Roper said. "God is punishing this nation and he is using the IED [improvised explosive device] as his weapon of choice."
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6601|Washington, DC

Not these morons again. If I am ever on the lam from the government for revealing their top secret things in an attempt to stop a dictatorship/nazi-like regime, I will make it my mission that before the agents get to me I'll execute these asshats with a shotgun blast to the head.
l41e
+677|6619

Idiots. Just idiots.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6672|New York
This is how our soldiers blood is paid for. Abuse of a Privilege, I say privilege, not right, because unless you served to have a right, its nothing but a privilege that should be cherished.

May they rot in HELL!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
Far out. It's America, can't you sue them or something? Find some weird law to kill them?

People like these make me wish there was a law promoting assassination.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Not
Great success!
+216|6547|Chandler, AZ
It's great to know that people can get on TV using a 2000 year old book full of fairytales and fire and brimstone rhetoric to spread their blind hate into other peoples' homes. Maybe they should read some other parts of the bible, like the parts about slavery and using your backyard to stone adulterers. Or even better, what happened to people who betrayed their nations. Nothing would make me happier than to see these people all impaled, hanging with rods up their assholes outside the White House.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6726|United States of America
Shoot them now.
Capt. Foley
+155|6558|Allentown, PA, USA

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

This is how our soldiers blood is paid for. Abuse of a Privilege, I say privilege, not right, because unless you served to have a right, its nothing but a privilege that should be cherished.

May they rot in HELL!
QFT
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
I sent them an email;

re: rumors of protest at Amish girls funeral

Please say it isn't so.

If it is, you all deserve to be boiled in a vat of aids infected semen.

God hates you
sorry for the foulness, but its better than murder.
13rin
+977|6450
Here in Florida they did this.

House Bill #7127 – “Disturbance of Assemblies”, provides a penalty for willfully interrupting or disturbing an assembly of people who meet for the purpose of acknowledging the death of an individual with a military funeral honors detail and re-enacts the provision relating to indictments or information for disturbing an assembly.

This bill will increase penalties for protesting at military funerals, which is in reaction to a Kansas church group that has been holding demonstrations at the funerals of soldiers killed in Iraq. The protesters from Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kansas, claim U.S. soldiers are dying because God is punishing America for tolerating homosexuality.

Senator Mike Bennett of Bradenton and Representative Stan Jordan of Jacksonville were the chief sponsors of the legislation filed in the Senate and House chambers. Both are veterans of the Vietnam War. The new law would increase fines to $1,000 and raise jail time to one year for anyone who disturbs military funerals. Protestors now face up to a $500 fine and 60 days in jail. More than 25 states have introduced legislation to either ban or curtail the protests.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Not wrote:

It's great to know that people can get on TV using a 2000 year old book full of fairytales and fire and brimstone rhetoric to spread their blind hate into other peoples' homes. Maybe they should read some other parts of the bible, like the parts about slavery and using your backyard to stone adulterers. Or even better, what happened to people who betrayed their nations. Nothing would make me happier than to see these people all impaled, hanging with rods up their assholes outside the White House.
Same sort of violent martyr-creating crap, though. I say just physically drag them away from these funerals and restrain them until it's over. On camera.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-10-04 17:41:21)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America

Not wrote:

It's great to know that people can get on TV using a 2000 year old book full of fairytales and fire and brimstone rhetoric to spread their blind hate into other peoples' homes.
I agree. They should read the Bible instead (modern is 490 years old). You're not intolerant of other peoples cultures, are you?
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6643|A sunburnt country
I hope they get nailed up the ass by Bubba.  Fucking idiots
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6642
Don't you wish murder would be legal for just a day.  You knows the fuck tards would run and hide.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
those are the kind of people that would have been tarred and feathered and moved to utah 2 centuries ago.....jk
Demoneyes47
+0|6509
And this is why its seems like society is regressing. I don't even see what the Amish could possibly have done wrong! And whats with Colorado anyways? They must raise people weird there, lots of problems.
starman7
+15|6695
Dragged out onto the street and shot.
These morons deserve no less in quality terminations

Anyone who uses death to promote their agenda is down there with terrorists.  I don't mean that people using it as a rallying point are down there, but those who use it to further their agenda without honoring the dead's wishes.

It's just like graverobbing-they are desecrating the dead.

Oh, and if God was infinitely forgiving, wouldn't he forgive those who suffer from something they cannot help? (I consider homo/bi-sexuality to be something of a chronic, unavoidable disease.  Hate the disease, but don't take it out on the victims).
vedds
+52|6725|Christchurch New Zealand
It never fails to amaze me that people that preach about gods mercy and love for all, can extrapolate that to "god doesnt like something your society did so he is going to take it all out on you" or "god wants me to twist the knife in an already deep wound to cause the families more pain".

How the fuck can they justify that "god" thinks they are doing his work, by showing up and causing more grief for people who are suffering. At the end of the day the Amish are following fundamentally the same beliefs as these fuckheads, but they put their heads down and get on with life in the way they see fit - no interference in the rest of societies lives. I am almost certain the Amish dont condone homosexuality, so why are these twisted fucks determined to terrorise them? Does god hate everyone who doesnt go to the westboro church?

The only answer is that these people are religious extremists, How long until they start bombing rival churches? I wonder. Honestly its my experience that anyone who uses religion as an excuse to interfere with other peoples lives, are worthless hatemongers.
AchangelTyreal
360 owns my soul
+31|6479|Behind You
I sent them a mail asking how many of them there were and saying that for everyone else's sake, I hope the number was low.  Then I said they should change the name of their website to godhatesusforbeingintolerantassholesthattakeacenturiesoldbookseriouslywordforword.com  I don't think they're going to respond except maybe to block my isp.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

vedds wrote:

It never fails to amaze me that people that preach about gods mercy and love for all, can extrapolate that to "god doesnt like something your society did so he is going to take it all out on you" or "god wants me to twist the knife in an already deep wound to cause the families more pain".

How the fuck can they justify that "god" thinks they are doing his work, by showing up and causing more grief for people who are suffering. At the end of the day the Amish are following fundamentally the same beliefs as these fuckheads, but they put their heads down and get on with life in the way they see fit - no interference in the rest of societies lives. I am almost certain the Amish dont condone homosexuality, so why are these twisted fucks determined to terrorise them? Does god hate everyone who doesnt go to the westboro church?

The only answer is that these people are religious extremists, How long until they start bombing rival churches? I wonder. Honestly its my experience that anyone who uses religion as an excuse to interfere with other peoples lives, are worthless hatemongers.
They're using religion as an excuse to do two things

1. To get a tax break
2. To use it as a front for their own twisted agenda.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
iamangry
+59|6616|The United States of America
Some one should burn down their church killing half of their congregation.  Then we can all take a road trip out there to THEIR funerals and just hold up signs saying "Ironic?"
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

iamangry wrote:

Some one should burn down their church killing half of their congregation.  Then we can all take a road trip out there to THEIR funerals and just hold up signs saying "Ironic?"
lol
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6672|New York

AchangelTyreal wrote:

I sent them a mail asking how many of them there were and saying that for everyone else's sake, I hope the number was low.  Then I said they should change the name of their website to godhatesusforbeingintolerantassholesthattakeacenturiesoldbookseriouslywordforword.com  I don't think they're going to respond except maybe to block my isp.
Be careful, What they will do is report you and try to have your ISP shut you off for Harassment. They have gone as far as to say so long ago on the news. They dont want to see any other point of view and they WANT people like us to threaten them.
N.A.T.O
The People’s Champion
+59|6410|A drop house

k30dxedle wrote:

Idiots. Just idiots.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6800
It's nice when there's topics on here where everyone agrees on. These people suck at being human.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard