DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6508|Search Whore killing fields
I got 315 today on a high points server. Wasnt inf only. Was a 64 player on 16. IS this considered as bad as KP servers?
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6601|Washington, DC

IndianScout is going to kill you in your sleep for this.
The_Jester
+52|6462|Italy
Few players on big maps: legal.
Server rules to stop the ticket bleeding (USMC cap hotel only): illegal.
47man
+46|6394|Cali
I don't get why it is such a taboo, from what I've heard, these rounds take 3 or 4 times as long as a normal round, so they get less wins and the same amount of points... How is this an unfair advantage...?
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6597|Los Angeles, California, US.

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

IndianScout is going to kill you in your sleep for this.
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6726|United States of America
Dareja, your sig scares me.
evo.mumbles
+8|6460|E. Sussex

47man wrote:

I don't get why it is such a taboo, from what I've heard, these rounds take 3 or 4 times as long as a normal round, so they get less wins and the same amount of points... How is this an unfair advantage...?
It's not, which is why no-one cares
R3v0LuT!oN
+22|6637|United States

Miller wrote:

haha.  I think it's teh awesome.
specops10-4
+108|6714|In the hills
No, you will only be marked with a huge best round and people calling you a stat padder whenever they look at yor stats .
Herbnosis
+4|6415
I don't know if it's as bad as KP servers, but I can figure out why it could be.  High points servers allow below average players (like me) to get badges, ribbons and medals they could never get in a "normal" server.  I would understand if high points servers are frowned upon for that reason.
Darky
Hi..
+71|6532|Here.
Tbh, who cares. If you're having fun playing there, then by all means, go for it.

gg gl hf.
greenhaven
+47|6436
Fuck people that bitch about High Points servers. It's just a god damn video game, what does it matter if someone else has more points than you. I am sick and tired of listening to people bitch 24/7. When I first started out, I was one of those people that bitched. I bitched about claymores, nades, all that shit. I don't do this anymore, because it's annoying and useless. Bitching about High Points servers, or people spamming nades at Hotel, or people spamming clays, G36E, or whatever the hell they want to bitch about doesn't do anything. It won't nerf the clays, it won't stop the nadespam, though not being a Karkand whore does. It won't fix the problem, it just pisses everyone off and makes you look like a fucking 10 year old.

Just last night, someone was noobtubing like crazy. Instead of bitching about it, I held my tongue. It's not going to stop him noobtubing. I just bunnyhopped over his nades and killed him while he was reloading. He stopped doing it too.

Last edited by greenhaven (2006-10-03 18:54:51)

midnitebassist
Countersniper
+11|6500|here

Miller wrote:

arson
+99|6607|New York
yes, you now qualify for a reset
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6508|Search Whore killing fields

Herbnosis wrote:

I don't know if it's as bad as KP servers, but I can figure out why it could be.  High points servers allow below average players (like me) to get badges, ribbons and medals they could never get in a "normal" server.  I would understand if high points servers are frowned upon for that reason.
I got plenty of badges and crap. I just wanted to play a round of karkand that didnt last 10 minutes of nade spam and end befor you even realize there are no tickets left, and you think "didnt htis jsut start"?

and arson, Be my guest I couldnt care about stats. I would rather have fun playing a highpoints server where I got to actually enjoy my playing then play nade volleyball.

Last edited by DirtyMexican (2006-10-03 19:32:32)

turkeybacon
+50|6416|Dragon Valley
High point servers are fun, but sometimes I get killed a bunch of times in a row when theres like 50 tickets left. Then I get pissed and want to quit, but I look at my points and cant do it......then those 50 remaining tickets take like an hour to drain lol.

Dragon Valley is probably the longest running games, theres almost no chance of a flag shutout unless your team sucks. Theres so many flags you can always sneak off in a car and cap at least 1 and keep the game going. On an even game, you can play some long rounds. Its fun sometimes, I should find a good one and start working on specific badges like assault + sniper.

Last edited by turkeybacon (2006-10-03 20:11:27)

niomosy
+26|6660
I tend to like longer rounds.  More fun, especially when you're dealing with a server that only plays a map two or three times then loads a new one.  I'd rather be playing than loading a map yet again.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6626|Brisbane, Australia

http://whatishl.ytmnd.com/

DaReJa needs to stop trolling YTMND

High Points Servers are taboo because its much much much more easier to get IAR requirements seeing as the round goes longer on

Nothing is WRONG with these servers, they are just ethicly wrong to some players - I find these servers to be the win if only there were Australian ones

EA cant outrule these servers because some people might not be able to afford a full 64 player slot just to be able to play 64 player maps - Ofcourse they could, but that would piss people off even more, as if server costs werent enough already

Fucking 80 Bucks per month for a 64 Man Ranked server while unranked of the same kind are only around 50? GG EA
Phoenix2
Professional Medic Whore
+43|6499|Karkand

Sarrk wrote:

High Points Servers are taboo because its much much much more easier to get IAR requirements seeing as the round goes longer on

Nothing is WRONG with these servers, they are just ethicly wrong to some players - I find these servers to be the win if only there were Australian ones

EA cant outrule these servers because some people might not be able to afford a full 64 player slot just to be able to play 64 player maps - Ofcourse they could, but that would piss people off even more, as if server costs werent enough already

Fucking 80 Bucks per month for a 64 Man Ranked server while unranked of the same kind are only around 50? GG EA
You tell me where I can get a 64 man ranked server for 80 bucks and ill +1 you for a month

Last edited by Phoenix2 (2006-10-03 22:56:08)

DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6597|Los Angeles, California, US.

Phoenix2 wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

You tell me where I can get a 64 man ranked server for 80 bucks and ill +1 you for a month
QFT, And, Heyyyyy, I dont Troll YTMND!!!!
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
Phoenix2
Professional Medic Whore
+43|6499|Karkand

DaReJa wrote:

Phoenix2 wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

QFT, And, Heyyyyy, I dont Troll YTMND!!!!
I suppose that because the graphix are so bad it doesnt surpass the 150kb limit?
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6617

evo.mumbles wrote:

47man wrote:

Or it makes it way easier to get badges and medals with in a round requirements, which in itself makes the system pointless.
ReGmAn78
+16|6617|Alberta, Canada

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

evo.mumbles wrote:

47man wrote:

Or it makes it way easier to get badges and medals with in a round requirements, which in itself makes the system pointless.
How is it any differnt then playing a bunch of small games? The only difference is the fact the person may get it in that round instead of 3 or 4, who the fk cares...its all the same shit. Long games are awsome, they turn out good cause u can get to know alot of good players that way, instead of moving threw them game after game.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6457|Melbourne

Sarrk man Project Aus is a 16 on 64 server u never played on it?  Liquidator plays on there.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6498|Belgium

it's not illegal...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard