The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6673|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Whilst searching the net for info on Hydroponic Grow Systems (I may want to grow tomatoes inside, honestly officer) I came across the following page in/on Wikepdeia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroponics

It mentions the following:

"One of the early successes of hydroponics occurred on Wake Island, a rocky atoll in the Pacific Ocean used as a refueling stop for Pan American Airlines. Hydroponics was used there in the 1930s to grow vegetables for the passengers. Hydroponics was a necessity on Wake Island because there was no soil, and it was prohibitively expensive to airlift in fresh vegetables."

Who would of belived it.  The US Army or whoever were there were growing there own fresh "greens".  Whilst "Refuelling"  They claim it was for the passengers but I woulnd't trust that.  Next there going to tell us they started their own Rizla factory incase they ran outta papers whilst smoking Golden Vagina (however you spell it).

Does or did Wake Island have its own 24 Hour garage to satisfy the Island needs for late night "Munch".?  Did Wake grow its own brand of potent "green" vegatables and thus have it named after it.  "I'll have an ounce of Wakey, wakey please" was often said to Dave, down the pub.  Or was Wake named WAKE in an act of sarcasim cos in fact most of the time the islanders were infact asleep.

For those that haven't switched off yet here is a link about Hydroponics with pictures

http://www.1-hydroponics.co.uk/starter-kits.htm

and also something that "Dave from the pub" tells me you can use to grow

http://gallery.cannabis.com/showphoto.p … user/16042

Sorry for boring the death outta you and sorry I cant do that clever shit where you add picshures and stuff.  I also apolagise to the historians amongst us who will tell me that it was a Purpose army base etc, I forgotten what they wrote now, I'll blame the Tomatoes.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6678|In You Endo- Stoke
I think they were,thats why we are fighting for wake again everyone wants a big smoke on the beach!
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6598|Cheshire. UK
Wow look at the pretty colours!!!!
Stomper_40k
Re-Incarnation. You mean re-spawn right?
+44|6645|Cardiff - Wales - UK
Being from Cardiff myself I may know a few people interested in your "Hydroponic" enterprise
SkoobyDu
'CLICK JOIN NOW'... OK lets go... BOOM!!!! =FFS=
+120|6561|Cheshire, UK

joker3327 wrote:

Wow look at the pretty colours!!!!
And please remember that its mushroom season once more
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6678|In You Endo- Stoke
badger badger badger MUSHROOMS !!!!!
It might go some way to explaining why everyone hangs around on the Carrier jumping up and down spamming having their own little party.  In their argument it's no wonder they want a Jet or a Heli, they only want to pick their greens up afterall.  Mind you if they are "outta it" you can't blame them for constantly re-spawing in the same spot while E7IX3R punishes them http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=46154.

As for Mushies "Stomper" if your mates are interested head for Ystrad Mynach, it might go some way in explaining the locals up that way.  If I go ahead with my "Tomatoes" im afraid I won't be handing them on to others as I will do this (if i do) because the OB (old bill) have taken enough of the Tomatoes off the streets as it is.
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6598|Cheshire. UK
Great combination......Shrooms and "Tomatoes"......bet you wont get them on Master Chef!!!!

Anyone for Tea and a smoke!!

Bring your own Carrying handles, name and address tag....plus postage
SkoobyDu
'CLICK JOIN NOW'... OK lets go... BOOM!!!! =FFS=
+120|6561|Cheshire, UK
http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

as requested by Joker
lettuce
site lurkerer
+26|6643|cheshire u.k
i bet i aint goin to get the badger song outa my head now....................
thkx SkoobyDu.........
Bananaman
+9|6638
Hydroponics have been used since the Aztecs and Babylonians.  The Hanging Gardens were hydroponic.  Its definately not new.
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6729|Louisiana
Psh, I already knew this, what else is there to do besides work on your tan on the Beach?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

1927 wrote:

Whilst searching the net for info on Hydroponic Grow Systems (I may want to grow tomatoes inside, honestly officer) I came across the following page in/on Wikepdeia.
I've got that wiki under my science bookmarks. What caught my attention though, was Wales. Your anthem sounds awesome when sung by a huge choir with organ backup.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

1927 wrote:

I've got that wiki under my science bookmarks. What caught my attention though, was Wales. Your anthem sounds awesome when sung by a huge choir with organ backup.
It's wicked when we play sport at home.  A packed 70k stadium with 90% of them singing our song.  I get goose pimples, hairs stand up on my neck and I become choked.  Ive shead many tears singing it.  Im proud as fuck over it too.

Check the Scottish one out aswell, thats just as good.

Hen Wlad fy Nhadau - The land of my fathers

Last edited by 1927 (2006-10-04 01:47:15)

LT.Victim
+1,175|6562|British Columbia, Canada
Wake is named wake island because it looks like the "wake" of a boat from the sky.

The actual island was created by a meteoroid that slammed into the pacific ocean..

LT.Victim wrote:

Wake is named wake island because it looks like the "wake" of a boat from the sky.

The actual island was created by a meteoroid that slammed into the pacific ocean..
Dont suppose you happen to know where their stash is do you?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

1927 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

1927 wrote:

It's wicked when we play sport at home.  A packed 70k stadium with 90% of them singing our song.  I get goose pimples, hairs stand up on my neck and I become choked.  Ive shead many tears singing it.  Im proud as fuck over it too.

Check the Scottish one out aswell, thats just as good.

Hen Wlad fy Nhadau - The land of my fathers
Yeah, I have so many bagpipes on CD, it's hard to avoid it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard