Poll

Should the drinking age be reduced to 18 years of age?

Hell yes!44%44% - 80
Absolutely not!44%44% - 79
Undecided / Need more information11%11% - 20
Total: 179
rob777
It's sexy time!!
+11|6507|toronto canada
in a way its pretty balanced they way know their a limit but its ignored but 16, 17 and 18 year olds don't go overboard cause they don't wanna get caught at least thats how it is in Canada
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA
no it should not, however the draft age should be raised to 21
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD

{XpLiCiTxX} wrote:

I think that lowering the drinking age would impact the much younger crowd vastly. Think about it the way I am... The drinking age here in New York is 21, I have a lot of friends that are 21 and many that are about to turn 21 soon. Even last year I knew a few and some were good friends. Now, if the drinking age were to be lowered to 18, then people who are 13 and 14, perhaps even lower, are bound to be friends with older people. Now, with that in mind, 18 year olds would (Don't even bullshit me here, because you know they would) buy alcohol for the younger crowd, most likely to make a small profit for going out and getting it for them. I know I sure would. With the age limit dropped, that means that millions of, now adults (seeing that they're 18 now) are legal to go to bars , certain clubs, and purchase alcohol.

I'm pretty sure that one will agree that there will be a direct relationship between automobile accidents and younger people (now that they can legally drink). With the 18 - 20 crowd now being legally able to drink, that means that there are that many more people out getting trashed (in some cases, shitfaced) and maybe getting behind the wheel of a car and causing deaths / other injuries.

This is just one argument that will cause some havoc in here.
Why the hell would a 14 year old want beer?  I'm 14 and I don't even want beer.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard