unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

uziq wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

To that end though, police have a lot working against them. Stress, lack of sleep, sedentary paperwork load. The universal convenience of junk foods. Bicycle cops got the right idea.
what in the name of fuck are you talking about?
You and mac maybe think I'm simping for cops and police unions or whatever. This isn't the case. I'm not hollis casting shade on the notion of police accountability, and have butted heads with him on multiple occasions over that. I'm not even contesting the fact that fat cop fingers occupy a large portion of various pies. I'm just saying a lot of them live unhealthy lifestyles, which again, and again it seems I must reiterate shouldn't be a defense for gross misconduct. Stress, bad sleep patterns, and sedentary work activities are much discussed in areas of mental and physical health. Police reform should be a part of a holistic effort in adjusting American work culture in a healthier direction.

Mac has been up my ass for several threads tongue-in-cheek about what I'm going to cancel him for (recently calling cops fat, er, they are), when hard policing the conscience of BF2S is lower on my priority list than contracting food poisoning. Nobody's forcing him to post his shower thoughts about ways to cull neighborhood pets, or his bipolar opinions on transsexuals, but people will make idle comment y'know.
uziq
+492|3452
everyone is equally capable of leading a good/bad lifestyle. it can affect performance in any number of professions.

if your profession is one of being entrusted with guarding the public and, you know, legally carrying lethal fire-arms, and being trained to use them ... i would humbly suggest that being in good physical and mental shape is a prerequisite. we should feel pity for cops now that can't do their extremely well-rewarded jobs because they've let go of their dieting and fitness? get the fuck out of here.

it wouldn't be so bad were it not for the fact that these unfit-for-service cops seem to spend most of their time punching down on people. it's not like some valiant public defender has let themselves go and needs a bit of sympathy and understanding. these cops LARP as action heroes but are only effective at their job when they're knocking down the door of a sleeping weed dealer or whatever the fuck.

Last edited by uziq (2022-05-26 21:08:01)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

everyone is equally capable of leading a good/bad lifestyle. it can affect performance in any number of professions.
Of course, I've said as much.

I've read a bit from one cop complaining that his chief didn't want a gym because cops would misuse the equipment and the station would be liable when one got hurt (tells you a lot, really). Well, then buy a gym membership like everyone else then, and move on to petitioning for adjustable standing desks. Pack a banana in your lunch instead packing in pastries on the daily, and ignore the giggles from the definitely-not-gay fellow policemen. As an imperfect start.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

If mac had donated to his policeman's ball, maybe they'd have paid attention to his mail thing.
uziq
+492|3452

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Of course, I've said as much.

I've read a bit from one cop complaining that his chief didn't want a gym because cops would misuse the equipment and the station would be liable when one got hurt (tells you a lot, really). Well, then buy a gym membership like everyone else then, and move on to petitioning for adjustable standing desks. Pack a banana in your lunch instead packing in pastries on the daily, and ignore the giggles from the definitely-not-gay fellow policemen. As an imperfect start.
why are we even talking about this in the context of 20 dead children and a police force that sat behind a cordon for 50 minutes? it's so far irrelevant as to seem autistic.

'have sympathy for the cops, perhaps their diets are not optimal'.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Mac wanted to talk about police fitness. I don't really know what that has to do with cops and swat teams cowering outside of school shootings while Republican politicians are too terrified to oppose the NRA, but whatever. I guess it's my fault.

mac wrote:

You can't call the cops too fat or short or else newbie will call you a bigot.
:shrug:
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Aaaanyway, what we really need are more cops in schools so more children can get tazed into comas and beaten over the heads with desks.
uziq
+492|3452
what you need are less cops and for the ones that are actually trained to do 'serious' work to actually fucking enforce it.

instead you have SWAT teams armed to the teeth barging into suburban homes and murdering innocent nurses. great return on public investment.

what's the point giving every small podunk town in america enough military hand-me-downs if, when the worst happens, everyone stands around looking like a future cyborg warrior 'waiting for back-up'? what were they waiting for, an A10 warthog?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

I agree. Less cops are needed. Social worker positions, social safety nets should be expanded to do what the police aren't really good at doing. Gun laws revisited in whatever way necessary of course, but LeT'S NoT GeT HaStY.

"Police have no duty to protect the public" has been a point made time and time again by the pro gun lobby in defense of carrying. It's hard to fully scoff at it as a defense, as it's been affirmed and reaffirmed by the SCt. I guess if you want more of a guarantee of comprehensive protection, be an important member of the government with family members who are "more exposed" than your average schoolchild.

Senators quickly pass bill to expand security for families of Supreme Court justices
https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/09/politics … index.html
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

uziq wrote:

what's the point giving every small podunk town in america enough military hand-me-downs if, when the worst happens, everyone stands around looking like a future cyborg warrior 'waiting for back-up'? what were they waiting for, an A10 warthog?
You might be onto something. What we need is an armed cyborg in every school who doesn't interact with the students, but just sits deactivated behind a pane of glass that reads "break in case of active shooter."

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
When specially equipped federal immigration agents arrived at the elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, on Tuesday, the local police at the scene would not allow them to go after the gunman who had opened fire on students inside the school, according to two officials briefed on the situation.

The agents from Border Patrol and Immigration and Customs Enforcement arrived at some point between 12 p.m. and 12:10 p.m., according to the officials — far earlier than previously known. But they did not breach the adjoining classrooms of the school where the gunman had locked himself in until a little before 1 p.m. Members of the federal tactical team killed the gunman.

The officials said that members of the Uvalde Police Department kept the federal agents from going in sooner.

The officials said that members of the Uvalde Police Department kept the federal agents from going in sooner.

The federal agents reported that they arrived to a scene of chaos — people pulling children out of windows while the local police, carrying only handguns and a few rifles, were trying to secure a perimeter, according to one official, who like the other spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation.
This wouldn't have happened if the cops had a better diet. Why doesn't anyone think of how hard the cops have it?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

You might be onto something. This from 2011,

Diet and Violence
Does diet affect our criminal behavior?
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog … d-violence

Here are the active ingredients of the multimineral, multivitamin, one of which the prisoners in the active arm received daily.  The prisoners also received a fatty acid supplement with 1260 mg linoleic acid (I know - we'll talk about that later), 160 mg gamma linolenic acid, 80 mg EPA and 44 mg DHA. The placebo fatty acid pill was made from vegetable oil.

The results? The average number of "disciplinary incidents per 1000 person-days" dropped from 16 to 10.4 in the active group (p<0.001), which is a 35% reduction, whereas the placebo group only dropped by 6.7%. Especially violent incidents in the active group dropped by 37%, and in the placebo group only 10.1%. That's a pretty impressive finding, really. Currently, Gesch is working on a study of 1000 prisoners in 3 different UK prisons for a 3 year trial, including blood chemistry analysis to see what the baseline levels of micronutrients are in the prisoners, and also more cognitive testing, designed to answer some questions the earlier study couldn't answer.
I don't have time to get into the google-fu for newer results, but you get the idea.
uziq
+492|3452
malnourished civilians can fight a war successfully in ukraine but these texan cops deserve our sympathy because they don’t have enough omega oils and blueberries in their diet.

this is one of the dumbest takes you’ve come up with.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

uziq wrote:

malnourished civilians can fight a war successfully in ukraine but these texan cops deserve our sympathy because they don’t have enough omega oils and blueberries in their diet.

uziq wrote:

but these texan cops deserve our sympathy
What are you even on about?

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

You and mac maybe think I'm simping for cops and police unions or whatever. This isn't the case. I'm not hollis casting shade on the notion of police accountability, and have butted heads with him on multiple occasions over that. I'm not even contesting the fact that fat cop fingers occupy a large portion of various pies. I'm just saying a lot of them live unhealthy lifestyles, which again, and again it seems I must reiterate shouldn't be a defense for gross misconduct. Stress, bad sleep patterns, and sedentary work activities are much discussed in areas of mental and physical health. Police reform should be a part of a holistic effort in adjusting American work culture in a healthier direction.

Mac has been up my ass for several threads tongue-in-cheek about what I'm going to cancel him for (recently calling cops fat, er, they are), when hard policing the conscience of BF2S is lower on my priority list than contracting food poisoning. Nobody's forcing him to post his shower thoughts about ways to cull neighborhood pets, or his bipolar opinions on transsexuals, but people will make idle comment y'know.
which again, and again it seems I must reiterate shouldn't be a defense for gross misconduct.
shouldn't be a defense for gross misconduct.
I didn't want to think dilbert had a point about sieve-brain. Do I need to put it in my sig as a reminder?

luh-mow
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

uziq wrote:

cops were cowards.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

This whole Uvalde story is a parade of travesties. Did you read about the part where they told students to call for help, and one who did was shot by the gunman? Wow.

Uvalde Survivor Says Classmate Was Shot After Police Ordered Her To 'Yell' While Hiding From Shooter
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/uv … ar-AAXLzR1

I can't wait for gun conservatives to bully the survivors online, if they haven't started already.

Great town investment, that police department. Texas is safe from expired tabs, at least.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

the uziq fursona wrote:

'you know, i think that if taking drugs was my hobby, and that hobby was a leading cause of death and misery across the world, that it lead to people being shot, beheaded, disemboweled and dying horrible deaths as packages exploded in their stomachs, not to mention the lives of actual users and addicts ... that i would simply find another hobby'.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3452

Dilbert_X wrote:

the uziq fursona wrote:

'you know, i think that if taking drugs was my hobby, and that hobby was a leading cause of death and misery across the world, that it lead to people being shot, beheaded, disemboweled and dying horrible deaths as packages exploded in their stomachs, not to mention the lives of actual users and addicts ... that i would simply find another hobby'.
except the illegal drug trade isn’t a leading cause of death worldwide? not by any metric, not even close.

top two causes of death in children in america are motor accidents and guns. oh, do you like driving, you selfish murderous cunt? etc etc.

i say in america because context matters. we are talking about domestic issues that afflict a polity. like people bawling about keeping assault rifles because they like to shoot things and make loud noises, or identify with some LARPer stereotype. in the american context, such a ‘hobby’ is pretty toxic. no?

speaking of context: (a) european cocaine supply doesn’t pass through cartel murder belt in central america, and hasn’t done for most of the last decade, there’s a reason why cocaine is more pure and more popular in europe than in decades; and (b) ‘taking illegal drugs’ hasn’t been a ‘hobby’ since my mid-20s.

but way to go, comparing personal choice with substances to massacring schoolchildren. you’re really onto something. do you need to be informed that alcohol, and alcoholism, as a ‘hobby’ causes untold damage to individuals, their families, society, etc, for the 200th time? i know, i know, domestic abuse and the grinding experience of alcoholism and dependency just don’t have the same sensationalist ring as a beheaded cartel victim. it’s almost as if there’s statistics on this sort of thing …

get a life. i sincerely recommend it. you display highly cucked behaviour.

Last edited by uziq (2022-05-27 19:52:29)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The whole of South America is a 'cartel murder belt'.

The point is you did it as an adult and didn't care about the consequences.

Stop being a hypocrite, I sincerely recommend it.

On topic:

Police sitting on their asses as an event unfolds isn't news.

Lindt Street Siege - Police snipers pent 12+ hours debating whether they could shoot someone holding a shotgun to someone's head before he pulled the trigger - without themselves facing a potential murder charge. Eventually decided not to risk it and waited for him to shoot someone.

Melbourne Aircraft bomb - After being told passengers had disarmed a nut with a fake bomb waited another hour before going in.

Ariana Grande Concert Bombing - Police waited three hours before declaring it a major incident and blocked paramedics for 30+ minutes

Its easy to say someone else needs to be brave but US police are very well compensated and probably shouldn't take the job if they don't want to do it.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2022-05-27 19:54:16)

uziq
+492|3452
no, south america is not a cartel murder belt. the most horrendous murders and abuses happen in mexico, with countries like honduras being high on the murder list too. maybe you’re confused? mexico isn’t south america. korea isn’t south-east asia. you frequently seem to struggle with your bearings. has the alcohol abuse started to fog your cognition?

i will admit that major trafficking nations, like colombia, have been destabilised by the drug trade. no question about it. but the gang and cartel situation there is nowhere near as bad as mexico these days. stop distorting the picture. the assassinations and killing of the escobar days are 40 years gone, my guy.  you’re more likely to be killed by an armed gang in colombia or nicaragua today because of ongoing political civil/guerilla war.

a lot of drugs bound for america go via the west indies now. that cartel stuff is bad for business.

the cocaine-producing areas are in the andes. bolivia and peru don’t have giant cartel problems or widespread murderousness and suffering. in fact, most of the primary producers now are shifting their supply lines to chile, argentina and uruguay. most coke gets to europe (or japan/australia, in fact) without ever going through a ‘cartel murder zone’. the influence of west africa as well as direct ports in europe has been noted in studies now for 10-15 years.

again, there’s a reason why coke is cheaper, more widely available, and more pure than ever. there’s a reason it’s more popular than ever. but keep making out that it’s all passing through blood soaked cartel hands in sinaloa. because that’s totally how drugs get more pure and cheaper. yes.

highly intelligent analysis, as per usual.

let’s talk again about all of the suffering visited upon individuals and society by your support of the alcohol industry. is it possible that you ‘went ahead anyway’ and just ‘don’t care’ about the very evident social blight and harms caused by your preferred tipple?

police sitting on their arse isn’t news
oh ok. tell that to 20 grieving families. i guess nobody should be incensed or angry about this one because mass shootings have happened before.

Its easy to say someone else needs to be brave but US police are very well compensated and probably shouldn't take the job if they don't want to do it.
lmao, yes, well done.  it's almost as if that's been my point from the very first post. but oh well, you go off queen!

who’s a special boy now? yezzzz you are! yeses you are! mommy loves you!

Last edited by uziq (2022-05-27 20:11:39)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

I think what he meant is that there's a lot of precedent for police sitting around with their thumbs up their asses, not that victims and families of victims shouldn't feel things like outrage.
uziq
+492|3452
if saying something "isn't news", when a story is very much in the headlines around the world globally, isn't an act of minimization, then what is?

this is a time to get angry at the 'news' and to say, fuck that, the standard excuses and convenient lies about 'guards in schools' and 'more police funding' don't work.

you'll notice dilbert has nothing but hatred and contempt for the police when it suits him (i.e. my poor family uhuuu), and affects some lofty tone when he's in his comfort zone, but as soon as anyone mentions police reform or diverting police funding to better sources, he's all 'black radicals and lesbian terrorists'. a highly coherent worldview, there.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Police the world over are pretty good swaggering around, yelling spit at people over driving tickets and breaking old people's limbs but suddenly not so brave when they have to deal with a single person less well equipped than they are and there are 10-20 of them.

Still doesn't mean the uziq's of the world, sitting at home snuggled up in their onesies, can really criticise.
uziq
+492|3452
oh yes, i'm too sheltered to criticize police. i'm 'sitting at home snuggled in my onesie'.

are you posting from your parents' office room today or their patio?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
The cops just don't want to work anymore. Nobody wants to work anymore.

I uncovered an identify theft ring just the other day. The cops didn't want to investigate. Newbie called me a Karen but there are 10 grieving families victims of identity theft that wouldn't call me a Karen. Newbie, what would you say to the families of identity theft victims?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard