SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
More stuff coming out of the disaster in Texas...

The cops said at first that a teacher left a door open and that was how the shooter got in. Now the police admitted that the teacher closed the door but the lock didn't engage. Can't blame the teacher now.

Today it came out that one of the teachers in the murder room called her husband, a cop, and told him the guy was killing people in the room. The police outside wouldn't let the other cop go in and try to do anything. It isn't clear if the cop told the other cops that there were people in the room being killed.

There are two things I think we will find out in the next few days (1) the classroom door was never locked. School doors usually don't have switches. They are key operated and only faculty gets keys. They don't want kids locking themselves in rooms. I doubt the shooter took the keys from the victims and locked the door. (2) the cops probably offed a kid or two when they were shooting at the suspect.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3450
so an orthopaedic surgeon (trained at harvard and yale) and 3 other members of med staff got shot to death by a ‘disgruntled’ patient. they bought an AR-15 that day.

america sure does like flushing it’s most valuable assets down the drain.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
A large New Jersey school district will place armed retired police officers in its buildings through at least the end of the 2022-23 academic year.

The board of education in Middletown unanimously approved the measure earlier this week in the wake of a mass shooting at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas that killed 19 students and two teachers.

The largest kindergarten through 12th-grade district in Monmouth County with more than 9,200 students, Middletown will have a Class III special officer in each of its 16 schools.
The district and the township have reached an agreement in which the officers will be paid $50 an hour through the end of the 2021-22 school year and no more than $35 an hour during the 2022-23 school year, according to a letter of intent.
$50 an hour. You could get three 1 on 1 aides for that price. I understand I shouldn't complain about the cops getting overpaid or else Newbie will complain that I am not writing an angry post about Jeff Bezos instead. But still a waste of money. $50 an hour to do nothing and if there is ever a shooting, just stand around and do nothing since the worst that could happen is you get transferred to another assignment.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX
There are other sides to every story. Apparently the Uvalde shooter was mercilessly bullied his whole life for a lisp and a stutter, maybe the surgeon was grossly negligent.

Neither excuses anything, the real issue is why are Americans so brutal to each other?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3450
every story has many sides, but it just so happens that you don't want to hear, say, the biographical details of george flloyd's life ("a violent drug-addicted black"), but as soon as anyone is white or white-adjacent, you want to excavate their deep psychological profile and build a narrative of excuse and exculpation. selective sympathies, eh?

everyone's life goes off the rails at some point, or has the potential to do so. not many of us pick up an assault rifle and murder 20 toddlers. at what point do you stop handwringing over the 'lost and confused' individual and start deciding on hard measures to prevent it from ever happening again?
uziq
+492|3450

SuperJail Warden wrote:

A large New Jersey school district will place armed retired police officers in its buildings through at least the end of the 2022-23 academic year.

The board of education in Middletown unanimously approved the measure earlier this week in the wake of a mass shooting at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas that killed 19 students and two teachers.

The largest kindergarten through 12th-grade district in Monmouth County with more than 9,200 students, Middletown will have a Class III special officer in each of its 16 schools.
The district and the township have reached an agreement in which the officers will be paid $50 an hour through the end of the 2021-22 school year and no more than $35 an hour during the 2022-23 school year, according to a letter of intent.
$50 an hour. You could get three 1 on 1 aides for that price. I understand I shouldn't complain about the cops getting overpaid or else Newbie will complain that I am not writing an angry post about Jeff Bezos instead. But still a waste of money. $50 an hour to do nothing and if there is ever a shooting, just stand around and do nothing since the worst that could happen is you get transferred to another assignment.
i make close to $50 an hour to slurp iced-coffees, ogle world-toppingly beautiful women, and copy-edit. is that a lot in the states?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Wouldn't it be great if people could not be nasty vicious pricks throughout their life?

America is literally awash with guns. Half the country would go into revolution before they voluntarily handed them in.
You can restrict sales to violent and drugged and mentally ill teenagers (ring any bells?), put in place sales bans but the public isn't actually going to give them up so its going to take about a century to have an effective impact.
uziq
+492|3450
there there, dear.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Out of the two of us who went on armed rampage and threatened people?
uziq
+492|3450
an armed rampage jesus christ. get a grip.

out of the two of us, which one leads a full and active life and which one is a little incel cuck?
uziq
+492|3450
also that same ex-gf is coming to visit me in korea this summer. i just showed one of her old friends around, as a favour, as he was here on business (researching solar panel sites for BP).

i wonder how many victims of 'armed rampages' travel the world to go visit their abuser? make u think. maybe ... just maybe ... you don't know what you're talking about? 'every story has many sides' but apparently you know the full one from a fanciful account given on a gaming forum 10 years ago. bongggggg!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717

uziq wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

i make close to $50 an hour to slurp iced-coffees, ogle world-toppingly beautiful women, and copy-edit. is that a lot in the states?
National minimum wage in America is $7.25. For your/our level of education, $50 is about right.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

also that same ex-gf is coming to visit me in korea this summer. i just showed one of her old friends around, as a favour, as he was here on business (researching solar panel sites for BP).

i wonder how many victims of 'armed rampages' travel the world to go visit their abuser? make u think. maybe ... just maybe ... you don't know what you're talking about? 'every story has many sides' but apparently you know the full one from a fanciful account given on a gaming forum 10 years ago. bongggggg!
How do we know which of these is the fanciful story though? There seem to have been a few of them.
uziq
+492|3450
likening me to a mass-shooter is absolutely insane. lmao. get a hold on yourself, seriously.

i don't have a criminal record. nada. if i DID have any sort of record, the embassy of korea would have never given me any sort of visa.

use your head
uziq
+492|3450

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

How do we know which of these is the fanciful story though? There seem to have been a few of them.
this is like that time a month ago when you accused me of doing nothing but 'perving on women' and little else. and then i responded with about 30 images of a full and happily realized life. remember that?

https://i.imgur.com/j1nJ1Q7.jpg

you are a loser my guy. keep accusing me of 'violent assault' and 'abuse' though. it clearly tallies with my life situation
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
You know what i want to apologize to Newbie and the police. I checked my contract and apparently I am going to get paid $45 an hour to watch Saving Private Ryan at work next week. I don't have any choice the books are closed.
https://y.yarn.co/ff51b15f-c077-47fa-b399-3fc86d655b3b_text.gif
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Why would a BP engineer need to sit in a field getting drunk with a degenerate?

Makes no sense.
uziq
+492|3450

Dilbert_X wrote:

Why would a BP engineer need to sit in a field getting drunk with a degenerate?

Makes no sense.
clearly dilbert knows best

that's the banks of the han river, by the way. not surprised the concept of an engineer who knows how to have FUN confuses you, though.

Last edited by uziq (2022-06-03 05:25:27)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
Have you ever been by the rivers of Babylon?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
A man has shot and killed two women in the parking lot of a church in Iowa and then turned the gun on himself, police said, adding three more dead to the national toll from a series of recent shootings that have rocked the United States.

The Iowa shooting took place on Thursday shortly after president Joe Biden delivered a major address on gun violence in the wake of mass shootings in Buffalo, New York; Uvalde, Texas, and Tulsa, Oklahoma, in recent weeks.
Listing off mass shooting cities like
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Lol keep trying.

I'm skeptical of their usefulness. Cops and resource officers haven't had an exactly pristine reputation in this regard. Are they just going to march around trying to give kids criminal records, only to cower behind their desk in an actual shooter scenario? I don't think I'm being overly pessimistic in thinking that seems likely. Also, should I snort at the irony that former police are considered to have the best possible training for fighting and shooting children?

uziq wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

National minimum wage in America is $7.25. For your/our level of education, $50 is about right.
Mac, why shouldn't I mention rich people? You're mad about someone making the barest fraction of what multimillionaires make just for breathing. Would you get huffy if your $15/hr janitors got a $15/ raise? If so, you're part of the problem in this country. I wish more people could make $50/hr.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
I would rather pay a school janitor $50 an hour than a cop. Fat midget cop we have at our school tickets cars.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

School should be a safe place from OCD law enforcement. If a kid's parking over the handicap grid or something, just call him in for an unrecorded verbal and forget about it. We don't need quota-seeking cops in our schools who will do little to nothing to keep them safe from bullies and mass shooters anyway.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
Should OCD cops get $50 an hour?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
And what happened to your sig? Did you blue lives matter relapse?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard