BBradley
+1|6646|Savannah, GA
I jumped on-line for a couple of rounds this afternoon, and out of no where I heard someone laugh.  A sinister little laugh is the only way I can describe it (NO BS).  I was not in a squad, VOIP is disabled in my audio options anyway, and I was not on Team Speak.  WTF!?  The first thing I thought was, I've been friggin hacked.  So I minimized BF2, checked my task manager, and BF2 just quits.  System scans and firewall logs turned up clean.  I told a couple of my friends and they said maybe it was an echo or some shit.  Fine.  I jump on again around 10pm (EST) and at 11:30 I fucking hear it again.  Same exact laugh, different server, but same map (Karkand).  This time I finished the round, quit the game, and checked my PC again. 

I know it sounds retarded but this is a totally honest post.  I can't possibly be the only one that this has happened to.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6833|Kubra, Damn it!

It's Halloween and Karkand is haunted from all the dead MEC that have been pwned there...
WintersXP
+0|6415
I thinks it is a Taunt in bf2 i think they added in 1.4 patch
Phrozenbot
+632|6614|do not disturb

I've heard a weird laugh twice. Hmmm...
BBradley
+1|6646|Savannah, GA
Lol.  I haven't heard of anyone hearing or having any taunts yet.

Last edited by BBradley (2006-10-02 22:10:01)

..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6647
he is right behind u
MajorHoulahan_MASH
+31|6720
Hitchcock reincarnated !
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6524|Singapore
i heard it too...it goes "heh heh heh" when im a commander and i arty-ed the crap out of the USMC spawn point
JimmyBotswana
+82|6584|Montreal
I haven't heard that yet but now I can't wait to.
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6438|canada
if u go into ur bf2 files and go to mods,then bf2,then common_client.zip,then sounds it shows taunts but i dont know how to use them maybe someone else can figure it out wit this info
arnica
+18|6678|Sydney
LOL i dun ant to play bf2 now .....
BBradley
+1|6646|Savannah, GA

jkohlc wrote:

i heard it too...it goes "heh heh heh" when im a commander and i arty-ed the crap out of the USMC spawn point
THATS IT!  I could'nt figure out where the hell it was coming from.  The patch has been out for a while, and I figured if there were taunts I would've heard about them by now.  Wtf triggers them?  I have'nt seen any posts r nothin.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6723|Twente, The Netherlands
It's got to do something with the BF2142 Veterans program.
dknessfalls
+9|6442|Corona, California
if u listen in Road To Jalalabad, u can hear bongos playing in the backround
In sharqi peninsula u can hear ducks quacking
In Operation Harvest u can hear cows moo

each map has its own custom backround noises, the laughs ive never heard though
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6524|Singapore
i think EA/DICE kinda mixed up BF2 and BF2142
[RaWr]-Impsux
Have Guns, Will Travel.
+28|6555
I've heard this laugh on Road to Jalalabad, it seemed to happen when someone typed 'Lol, Rofl, Lmao...' ect.

Try it, I cannot confirm that this is the trigger.
Orion126
+6|6539
Yeah first time I heard it was on Jalalabad and it scared the shit out of me...it was 2 a.m...
dknessfalls
I've found the files, theres 3 taunts, and they're in OGG format, i just converted them into MP3 and they do sound kinda creepy if ur playing at night...anyone know how i can post them?
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6524|Singapore

dknessfalls wrote:

I've found the files, theres 3 taunts, and they're in OGG format, i just converted them into MP3 and they do sound kinda creepy if ur playing at night...anyone know how i can post them?
copy paste + hosting?
OmniDeath
~
+726|6642

just put them down as the audio track in a video editor, then export them as a video file then post um on utube or something. if u cant figure it out send um to me and ill do it. [email protected]
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6643|Camoran's Paradise
I know they are new taunts that came with the 1.4 but I've never had the pleasure of hearing them even though 75% of the games I've played since 1.4 have been Jalalabad.
dknessfalls
i need a site for them to be hosted...they arent that big of a file since they're only 1 second long each
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6524|Singapore
wheres the folder for the sounds btw? i wanna hear them myself..
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6708|austria
play jalalabad as commander and spot a lot of enemy....
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
dknessfalls
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\common_client.zip
thats where they can be found by default

and youtube did not let me post them cuz of invalid format....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard