suomalainen_äijä
+64|6167
I nearly got my skull hit by a golf, it flew 200 km/h, but luckily I saw it coming and got down

If I didn't see it coming, I would be dead now...
l41e
+677|6650

I don't think I really ever have, except for maybe when I was born.

I'm going into airsoft when I turn 18, though. Not normally dangerous, and it wouldn't be if people were smarter. Believe me, the morons who upgrade their gas snipers to 800FPS and use HCFC-22 (a Colt 1911 fires .45ACP at the same velocity) are the same ones who ignore minimum engagement distances.

Last edited by k30dxedle (2007-08-02 11:00:30)

jetxburned
+8|6217
Eh, nothing extreme about my encounter.
Was in Oklahoma canoing. The dam farther upstream had just released a large amount of water, so the river flow was a bit more rapid. The real problem started when we went down the wrong path at the fork in the river (which lead to about a 20 ft drop and a serious of tall trees in the river). It was our first time canoing, so we basically lost control of the canoe due to the speed. We crashed into a tree, I fell out, but I was able to hold on to the canoe. Then the canoe crashed into some more trees, I lost my grip and went under water. While I was under, I hit another tree and got pinned up against it by the pressure of the current. I probably would have stayed under, since I was pretty young at the time (about 8 or 9), if my mother hadn't pulled me up while the current dragged her past me. And then we fell down the drop, which actually wasn't to much of a problem because the water cushioned the fall.

Never wanted to canoe again. Drowning is my most feared way of dieing. I was really scared during the whole episode.
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6584|MANCHESTERRR
im sure ive had some near misses without realising it. I race very fast karts after all. Ive had golf ball wizz about half an inch above my head.
SmkenRez
+10|6366|The other side of world
I drowned when I was 6. Went of the rope swing let go to late and thought that I was swimming to the top till I hit the sand. I remember that I was very quite. Next thing that I remember was coughing up fire (water) my Dad tells me that I was out for 2-2 1/2 min before I started beathing again. Found out later that is what they call clinical death where your not breathing but still have a heart beat how ever weak it is.
Cory Powell was the guy that saved me I will never forget his name.
btw I became a great swimmer after that I was even a Life Guard for 4 summers and have saved 2 people from drowning myself.
There have been many times that I have almost died since but, I thought I would share the time I did die.
zeidmaan
+234|6416|Vienna

jetxburned wrote:

Eh, nothing extreme about my encounter.
Was in Oklahoma canoing. The dam farther upstream had just released a large amount of water, so the river flow was a bit more rapid. The real problem started when we went down the wrong path at the fork in the river (which lead to about a 20 ft drop and a serious of tall trees in the river). It was our first time canoing, so we basically lost control of the canoe due to the speed. We crashed into a tree, I fell out, but I was able to hold on to the canoe. Then the canoe crashed into some more trees, I lost my grip and went under water. While I was under, I hit another tree and got pinned up against it by the pressure of the current. I probably would have stayed under, since I was pretty young at the time (about 8 or 9), if my mother hadn't pulled me up while the current dragged her past me. And then we fell down the drop, which actually wasn't to much of a problem because the water cushioned the fall.

Never wanted to canoe again. Drowning is my most feared way of dieing. I was really scared during the whole episode.
hehe I was rafting on a river last week
Fell out few times but nothing scary...
And yeah drowning would suck big time

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard