DTAC
+9|6747
You should be able to change your kit at a supply case.
The Soup Nazi
+18|6794|North Lauderdale, FL
you know, this is an interesting idea.  even if the supply crates didn't happen to have weapons in them to swap out, at the very least, you should be able to trade with teammates.  that way if you're in a squad and you accidentally spawn as an undesired kit, you could swap out with someone else without having to die, suicide, or tk a squadmate.
Mr_Self-Destruct
+0|6768|Gilbert, Arizona

The Soup Nazi wrote:

you know, this is an interesting idea.  even if the supply crates didn't happen to have weapons in them to swap out, at the very least, you should be able to trade with teammates.  that way if you're in a squad and you accidentally spawn as an undesired kit, you could swap out with someone else without having to die, suicide, or tk a squadmate.
but to balance it...although in retrospect the idea is kinda preposterous to propose...trading should be only be allowed at supply crates?

or scrap that. it would be quite cool to swap out.

but then you will get people yelling "let's trade!" and totally screwing them over because all they have left is knife ammo (haha...lame joke....)

or is that what you meant?

Last edited by Mr_Self-Destruct (2005-11-15 14:56:21)

-DS-Carbon
+0|6768|New Hampshire
It looks like the new forgotten hope will have a armory area where you can pick other kits, however they will be limited.
h4r13quin
+0|6734
I think swapping with teammates would be nice, or if there could be a feature where you swap by category.  For instance if you were a medic who killed a spec ops player you could just exchange your m16 or what have you for the g36c and nothing else, or you could drop the defibrillator and the medic bag to pick up the c4 and so on.  I wish DICE would have coded a feature where if you swap kits that your proficiency in using the secondary kits would be lowered i.e. accuracy decreases with weapons and it takes longer to repair or heal than if you spawned as an engineer or medic.

Last edited by h4r13quin (2005-12-09 08:26:15)

smefeman
+0|6756
i never even thought of the idea, it sounds cool but it probably wont work out... otherwise ea  would probably have put it in already..
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6719|Hong Kong, China
you would need a new screen to "trade and choose", which would leave you open to attacks.

Last edited by Aquastorm (2005-12-11 04:22:08)

TheDrNailsGuy
+5|6723
I think a kit supply case is a good idea.  would have to be a little more rare than the resupply case to keep it balanced, but would be dropped like supply cases are now.
randomfire1977
+1|6740|Florida
I think commanders should be awarded points based on who uses the supply crate and for what.  If an enemy uses the crate it would take points away.  If a teammate gets healed then it would award the commader a heal point.  If it supplied someone they would get a supply point.  If repairing a vehicle for a teammate... would reward commander with repair point. 

to balance this commanders would need to be removed from the battlefield and put into a stationary defensive spot that they can protect as a gunner shooting out but if they get killed they will respawn inside the facility again.  people may not play as commander much but then again those extra reward points might be tempting.  people might defend the commander spot and get extra rewards as well. 

Just a thought.
TheDrNailsGuy
+5|6723

randomfire1977 wrote:

I think commanders should be awarded points based on who uses the supply crate and for what.  If an enemy uses the crate it would take points away.  If a teammate gets healed then it would award the commader a heal point.  If it supplied someone they would get a supply point.  If repairing a vehicle for a teammate... would reward commander with repair point. 

to balance this commanders would need to be removed from the battlefield and put into a stationary defensive spot that they can protect as a gunner shooting out but if they get killed they will respawn inside the facility again.  people may not play as commander much but then again those extra reward points might be tempting.  people might defend the commander spot and get extra rewards as well. 

Just a thought.
Ohh, I like that Idea.
F50Grunt
+0|6718
In Battlefront 2 at all friendly CPs you can change your kit. Just thought I'd toss that out here
chickenmuncher
+2|6758| U.S.A.
Swaping with players in game would be a distraction and it would screw the game OR it would be forgotten about.

Swaping at supply crates would be cool, if there was say...1-2 types of each gun. I mean switching from a sniper to AT right then and there would be cool.

Too bad it will never happen.
AFlyingNun
+0|6727

h4r13quin wrote:

I think swapping with teammates would be nice, or if there could be a feature where you swap by category.  For instance if you were a medic who killed a spec ops player you could just exchange your m16 or what have you for the g36c and nothing else, or you could drop the defibrillator and the medic bag to pick up the c4 and so on.  I wish DICE would have coded a feature where if you swap kits that your proficiency in using the secondary kits would be lowered i.e. accuracy decreases with weapons and it takes longer to repair or heal than if you spawned as an engineer or medic.
The problem would be grabbing only the C4 and nothing else. to do so, it'd have to bring up a menu when you hit G, so you select what to trade. You'd be vulernable for awhile while trying to pick stuff out.
Deedubya
+-2|6809|The Seventh Circle of Hell
Bleh...not for it...would enable too many retards to be even more stupid than normal. The only thing I can see that would benefit, is if you're say, a class that can't blow up a vehicle, you could switch to whatever to do so. Medic vs. tank --> switch to Spec ops or AT --> blow up tank --> switch back to medic.

Last edited by Deedubya (2005-12-11 22:10:29)

TheDrNailsGuy
+5|6723

Deedubya wrote:

Bleh...not for it...would enable too many retards to be even more stupid than normal. The only thing I can see that would benefit, is if you're say, a class that can't blow up a vehicle, you could switch to whatever to do so. Medic vs. tank --> switch to Spec ops or AT --> blow up tank --> switch back to medic.
I don't like the idea of swapping with teammates, but i don't see how the crate idea would "enable retards to be even more stupid than normal".  I'm not saying you don't have a good point, but maybe you could be  more specific as to why you don't think it would be good.  there has been too many times i've spawned at a flag that is being overtaken by a lone tank, and i was spawned as a medic or something.
Deedubya

TheDrNailsGuy wrote:

Deedubya wrote:

I don't like the idea of swapping with teammates, but i don't see how the crate idea would "enable retards to be even more stupid than normal".  I'm not saying you don't have a good point, but maybe you could be  more specific as to why you don't think it would be good.  there has been too many times i've spawned at a flag that is being overtaken by a lone tank, and i was spawned as a medic or something.
I had a train of thought when I typed this, but now it's gone, so as of now you could retract that statement. I still don't like the idea though. I just get this feeling of the game getting dumb if they implemented something like this. Can't explain it...
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6781|Noizyland

I remember in Desert Combat, there was a special Snipers kit that came with, (what looked like,) a M95. They were in a designated place, and whoever got them first could take them.

This is similar to what was introduced in BF1942: Secret Weapons with the jetpack kit. These kits were in a designated place, and it was first come first served, (I loved those jetpacks!)

A similar thing could be introduced in BF2 - instead of having just unlocks, special weapons could be dotted around the maps avaliable to whoever first gets them.

I'm not to stressed about such things though really.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
TheDrNailsGuy
+5|6723

Deedubya wrote:

TheDrNailsGuy wrote:

Deedubya wrote:

I had a train of thought when I typed this, but now it's gone, so as of now you could retract that statement. I still don't like the idea though. I just get this feeling of the game getting dumb if they implemented something like this. Can't explain it...
Understand, I hate it when that happens.

I felt the same way at first about it being exsploited, but the more i thought about it, the less exsploitable it seemed.

Last edited by TheDrNailsGuy (2005-12-11 22:58:54)

Deedubya
You're right, Nails. The more I think about it, the less aggressive I am toward the idea. If they put a time limit in between switching kits, or a limit of how many times you switch kits in a round,  or both, that might be a better idea.

Last edited by Deedubya (2005-12-11 23:04:32)

h4r13quin
+0|6734

AFlyingNun wrote:

The problem would be grabbing only the C4 and nothing else. to do so, it'd have to bring up a menu when you hit G, so you select what to trade. You'd be vulernable for awhile while trying to pick stuff out.
Sorry, to clarify.
What I was imagining was you have out what you want to swap.  If you were a medic.  And you wanted the c4 you would wip out the defib or the medic bag then press the key, not the "g" key but its own separtate key, for the swap and pick up the c4 at the expense of dropping the defibrillator and the healing bags.  There would be no menu you just hold out the thing you want to drop, and the game would know which weapon is its equivalent to pick up, just like... sad to say... counterstrike.  I envisioned there still existing a "g" key where you swap everything.  In CS default key is g to throw the weapon you are holding, and you will pick up a gun in the same category (for all 2 of you out there that still haven't played CS).  That was more so what I was imagining.  Each kit is split into essentially 4 categories pistol, knife, main gun (slot 3), sepecialty (medic bags/defib., explosives, rocket launcher, etc.).  The game would get confusing I agree cause certain exchanges remove frag grenades for GL's and then others remove two items just for one and so on.  Hope that clarified a little.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard