pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6616
Now this may sound wierd but it happens to me quite often. Whilst playing on a server i will start off quite poorly maybe with 0-2 deaths but then i will warm up and start to even those odds to about 4-2, but then i find i will suddenly have a burst of amazing skill, and my score will go from 4 kills 2 deaths to 14 kills 2 deaths. For instance i just had a round on the jolt server on karkand, i was hitting even on the K/d but then i was pulling off headshots no probs, and then running in and wasting everyone and this was with no deaths inbetween it was just a straight kill spree.

Anyone else find this? It feels like ur mind just becomes really focused on the game and everything seems really easy to shoot. Wierd i know but cool.
Stun_Gun
The Tom Cruise of BF2 pilots
+102|6743|California, US
i had that happen a couple times
or sometimes ill go 11-2 or something be im doing pretty good today, then ill died, once on respawn ill get artied, respawn again, ill get camped by a tank or apc.... new spawn point. lol
0akleaves
+183|6583|Newcastle UK
Yeah this always happens when im taking off i will be level but then those j-10s start dropping like flys.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

I love that when it happens. Then it goes away and I get mad
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6665|UK
Yes
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

That happens with me in every game Ive ever played. Take a little while to warm up and then kick everyones ass. I was pulling off some insane GL shots today
And then, oddly enough, the longer I play - the worse I get
I hear you on that..  Yesterday I was working on geting my veteran AT badge, and having a rough time with it.. and then I went nuts and ended up with 37 kills... and next round I got my veteran support badge too with 26 kills...

And then theres the flipside like Stun_Gun was saying... you rock ass for awhile, and then you get rocked, and respawn and rocked again.. then all of a sudden you're an arty magnet... they you gun doesnt reload fast enough... and that 11-2 gets to 12-10... there goes that K/D...
Barrakuda777
+86|6706|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Happened on my new account yesterday actually... went on a 51 spree and ended the map 51 - 1

http://bf2s.com/player/70294968/

Just for proof

Was a blast, how i have not got 10 more fav victims i will not know!

Kooda
FubarJonny
bUdSMoKEr
+47|6660
yea i know what you mean. its amazing what u can do if your totally focused on the game like nothing else matters, you could have gotten stab ahaha and you prob wouldnt care
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6648|Middle of nowhere
I love when that happens, it just makes me feel special
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6470|Valley of the Dragons
Same here. When I am in the zone the heads I aim for look ten times bigger than usual.

I went 183 - 1 on the Sniper Rifle in a single day last week which is the longest run I did to date.

And when I am in the zone its also sweet because I can start improving my Accuracy on the Sniper Rifle.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6511|Winterpeg, Canada
I love it when I get in the zone on Karkand, get behind Mec at Hotel and get like 6 paddle kills in a row, then pick up an AK and start owning till I get back up.... the good times...
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6664|Vancouver BC Canada
Yea, I get that on Jalalabad, although I tend to find myself bunny hopping after a few minutes. Im still owning, but im hopping like a mother F'er.
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6479|Daytona Beach, FL

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

I love that when it happens. Then it goes away and I get mad
motherdear
+25|6621|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
happens sometimes on bf2 but it mostly happen for me in css
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
I'm never in the zone,apart from yesterday when i downed a jet flying very fast with a Eryx,nobody else so it as well.

And the pilot wouldn't respond.
Barrakuda777
+86|6706|Somewhere near a shrub or rock

Jemme101 wrote:

I went 183 - 1 on the Sniper Rifle in a single day last week which is the longest run I did to date.
Dude your longst streak is 23.... i thought sprees carried over rounds?!?!?

Still Nice sniper rifle stats but you move with your knife or pistol out....

Kooda
Hollyhoodjoe
+1|6478|houston texas
yeah i was palying infantry the whole time on wake, i was about 22 and 1? towards the end i was 32-27 lol.. i got pretty angry
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6690|Scotland

jord wrote:

I'm never in the zone,apart from yesterday when i downed a jet flying very fast with a Eryx,nobody else so it as well.

And the pilot wouldn't respond.
LOL
Delphy
+45|6555|Bristol, UK
I think a lot of BF2 is luck. Like, you can be a really good player, but it's just bad luck as to whether you get bombed or artied/spawnraped to shit. Of course, you can help yourself a bit by avoiding the obvious paths etc.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6449|Sheffield-England
so what your saying is your on crack right?
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6470|Valley of the Dragons

Barrakuda777 wrote:

Jemme101 wrote:

Dude your longst streak is 23.... i thought sprees carried over rounds?!?!?

Still Nice sniper rifle stats but you move with your knife or pistol out....

Kooda
That 23 is in one round, the 183 - 1 was on a single day or in other words multiple rounds. Sprees dont carry over rounds. At least not on the Rifle KDR, could be different for a Kit though ?

Knife/Pistol out is when I am on the move, I prefer them when displacing since both are more usefull in CQB than a single shot M24 in my experience. Btw I aint CQB sniper, but scout/sniper ... long range sniping is my thing And txs for the compliment +1 to you
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
in our clan mathc earlier i owned alot, and the game afterwards i was doign really shit, but then racked up about 15 kills from one clip in my trusty rpk.
slicknic
+145|6596

pure_beef_69 wrote:

Now this may sound wierd but it happens to me quite often. Whilst playing on a server i will start off quite poorly maybe with 0-2 deaths but then i will warm up and start to even those odds to about 4-2, but then i find i will suddenly have a burst of amazing skill, and my score will go from 4 kills 2 deaths to 14 kills 2 deaths. For instance i just had a round on the jolt server on karkand, i was hitting even on the K/d but then i was pulling off headshots no probs, and then running in and wasting everyone and this was with no deaths inbetween it was just a straight kill spree.

Anyone else find this? It feels like ur mind just becomes really focused on the game and everything seems really easy to shoot. Wierd i know but cool.
aye.. and the better you get the more often you're "in the zone" it seems.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6718|Mark it zero.
some rounds it seems like im untoppable going 40+ kills and maybe 5 deaths, and some rounds i just keep dying almost every time i spawn or random spray from across the map will kill me. its weird sometimes.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard