deanspeedway
+0|6724

zariok wrote:

[
No no .. as stated  i know that, as it was a "feature" added in 1.3, i think, to keep people from rotating squad leaders to keep a spawn point alive.

There's a bug as even after you join the server and have spawned, you are unable to create/join a squad.  I have a sneaking feeling that it's caused when the server "auto balances" you from one side to another but have been unable to verify.
Fair enough. I'm not sure I've encountered that one (the can't create/join squad) bug. Doesn't mean it's not there!!!
I thought you meant the rotating squad leader fix from 1.3
: )

Last edited by deanspeedway (2006-10-06 15:28:48)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6692|Tampa Bay Florida
Add recoil to the G36e, extend shock paddle recharge by 300 percent, and enable the medic to only carry one bag at a time.

Oh- and one more : Revert BH chain gun back to original damage and splash damage, and add chain guns to the MEC and PLA choppers to add balance

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-10-08 19:38:55)

Mad Ad
+178|6513|England, UK
Its amazing that for a patch request thread only about 5% of the suggestions are things that are broken, the rest are improvements (or restrictions) to things that work perfectly well.

I suggest that the two are seperated, Dice arent going to take a patch request list seriously if its just one huge list of improvement opinions of world+dog.

EG, the J10>F35 imbalance- theres no question its an issue but nothings actually broken, its a tweak thats being suggested....in this case noones putting a logical request together, instead if we say 'please reduce the ~260ft turning circle of the F35 to nearer the J10s ~215ft' then at least thats the right language to approach that issue with (shows you understand the problem plus its something easy for them to do) however speeding DPVs being invisible to AT rockets- now that IS broken, so is the squad bug and the string of issues with the UI in general....

so dont make a big list with chunks of text and no real order of whats a problem and whats a wish - prioritise, make divisions, group things and be realistic about what is likely to be achievable.

eg, increased tickets: unlikely to happen, needs edits to each existing map, and 16/64 games would to on for hours and hours- no problem here.
L96 unlock for SF: unlikely to happen, where would they put it? If they did one thed have to do them all
Grapnel/Zips on kark: unlikely to happen, I dont think the code for hooks was written into vanilla, thats a big job to just add on.
One hit Erix: mildly possible: if its decided its needed then its easy to do- personaly I think it should be dealt with differently (making a hotzone say, base of main rotor is a 16 point hit area) but thats just my opinion and no more valid than the original idea.
SF kit in vanilla: unlikely to happen, another layer of unlocks? want those weaps? play SF
Variable Scope: mildly possible:
Reskin the L96: *sigh* still not one actual bug...shall I go on?

People can type suggestions till their fingers fall off, hell theres forums full of them, but unless you can take these random comments and make sense out of them in a list, then its going to end up the same place as all the other suggestions Dice must get, filed under B for bin (the trash bin).

Sorry, but someone had to say it.
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6504|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
maybe a laser pointer for all weapons ...
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine
G36K instead of G36C
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6811|Marathon, Florida Keys
dont get me started on what needs to be fixed.......
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Fearmesnipers
+41|6447|Wales

Dex Luther wrote:

leesupport wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Heres a fucking patch for you.

1. Bunny hopping/Dolphin diving restored
2. shockpaddles fixed
3. Blackhawks restored to original power
4. All planes balanced
5. Turn FF back onto claymores permanantly
6. Make standing headshots with a sniper hard again
that sounds like a great patch:D
Not really. #1 would be lame. There's a reason they took it out. It should never come back. Try getting some skill so you don't need to bunny hop or dolphin dive like a loser.

The rest would be ok. Although for #5 I'd settle for just having the clays removable by an engineer.
hopping requires more skill than standing and shooting at each other.
[83rd]Stecchino
+17|6558|83Division.com

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

power9787 wrote:

...back to bunnying hopping and dolphin dive let fire and jump again...
Some people on this thread have mental disabilities. Please excuse them.
Amen to that.  Dolphin diving and bunny hopping are 2 of the stupidest things in any video game ever.

Suggestion:

Option to verbally spot a claymore / mine for teammates.

Last edited by [83rd]Stecchino (2006-10-17 15:46:24)

HAKEEEM
+0|6569
how about EA makes a patch that shuts everyone up and tell them to stop bitching about patches that work just fine so play the game stfu
Techworld
Banned
+17|6404
Bring back dolphin diving, bring back hotel glitch
Viller-Valle
Svensk Tiger
+15|6429|Sweden

therealnicoli wrote:

Just fix the shock paddles!!! The rest I can deal with
same here...
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6539|Search Whore killing fields
A knife that I deosnt take 50 jabs to kill with
The_Jester
+52|6493|Italy
-Add a SF map.
-Revamp a bit the Blackhawk. Not "I'm shooting in your general area, you are dead" as it was before, but not pathetically nerfed as it's now.
-Add something to the assault kit...increased sprint, more smoke grenades and more efficent, whatever.
-Claymores destructible again.
-Nerf the J-10 or fix the F35.
-Add bombers in some PLA map, the SU-30 is in Daqing only. Maybe replace a fighter with a bomber in FuShe Pass.
-Nerf a bit the main gun of the Havok. Not weak as the other choppers, but now it's redicolous.

Last edited by The_Jester (2006-10-17 17:25:39)

Phrozenbot
+632|6617|do not disturb

Fixes/tweaks/additions in regular Battlefield 2

Infantry suggestions
*Give the MEC and PLA commanders a full range of voices, instead of borrowing from the squad leader wavs.
*Make it to where you have to physically trip over claymores to set them off and/or make a specific mine FF option (FF on for mines or claymores)
*Decrease claymore blast radius slightly, but soften damage on the outer blast radius. Seems like once you're caught in it, 98% of the time it will kill you.
*Slightly increase the accuracy of the MP5 and Type 85.
*Two additional clips for the MP5 and Type 85, and one for the PP-19 and the P90.
*Slightly increase damage and/or accuracy for the Type 95.
*Decrease rounds in the DAO-12 and/or damage, or simply make it less accurate either by wider spread or heavier recoil.
*Decrease the damage by the G36E slightly or increase recoil. Something to make the gun have its up and downs so it's not a M16 and better.
*Assault class should get an additional team point for capping/neutralizing flags, and can slightly cap/net them faster.
*Killing tanks should reward two kill damage assists i.e. 1 guy SRAWs a tank, another one SRAWs a tank, and another guy SRAWs the tank, getting the kill. The first two each get a kill damage assist.
*All kits should get 2-3 grenades, with assault having 3-4 (I don't mind 4).
*Someone who is support also resupplies themselves slower. (above issue)
*Heavier recoil on PKM, but maintain damage and overall accuracy.
*MG36... just some sort of change.
*Jackhammer should have 8 shots instead of 7.
*Slight increase with M95 accuracy.
*Assault class gets two smoke grenades.
*Supply boxes should heal at a faster rate (it's about what, half the speed of holding a medkit?).
*Very slight decrease in damage and accuracy of G3 possibly.
*Increase M95 damage towards soft targets (not Helicopters).
*Repairing a tank of 50% of it's health results in a repair point, and 75% of an APC's. Repairing a commander’s asset by 90%, or basically fully, results in two repair points (or repairing 45% for one point). Repairing commander assets is also faster.
*Only one or two friendly vehicles can repair you at a given time. A supply box counts also, but infantry doesn't.
*Increase repair radius of vehicles, especially transports.
*Increase repair rate of passengers in helicopters, and repairing by 50% results in a repair point.
*Healing 50% of someone's health results in a heal, but reviving results in only one point. Medic badge requirement would have to increase to accommodate this.

Vehicle suggestions
*The Mi-28 should be able to fire a volley of 10 missiles.
*Slight increase in splash damage on helicopter rockets (possibly).
*J-10 bug where enemy air to air missile slide off of it.
*Tanks should have limited coaxial machine gun ammo.
*Fix where it's still possible to kill infantry ducking in the gunners seat on a tank.
*Increase RIB speed slightly, and possible increase hit points.
*Increase speed slightly of heavy Nanjing, Vodnik, and HUMVEE.
*Increase Nanjing traction (seems to have pretty crappy traction if you ask me).
*Slightly increase the damage/splash damage on the blackhawk miniguns.
*Increase the rate of fire on the Mi-17 and Z-8 side mounted machineguns, or mount grenade launchers on them: PLA HK GMG; MEC AGS-17.
*Increase hit points or maneuverability on the Mi-17 or Z-8.

Fixes/tweaks/additions in Euro Forces

Infantry suggestions
*Fix registration problem with the HK53A3
*Add 7 more shells for the Benelli M4
*Add 1 more clip for the FAMAS
*Possible edit to Spec Op or Medic head gear?
*Replace M249 SAW LMGs with HK21s.

Vehicle suggestions
*Brighten both the Challenger 2 and Leopard 2A6EX tank skins (the maps are not as bright, but MEC and PLA tanks show up fine).
*A change to how the Tiger HAP flys. Tends to dip (like accelerates really fast when diving).
*Fix where enemy air to air missiles slide off the Euro Fighter.
*Increase armor on the Challenger 2 very slightly, or make it like a cross between a tank and a self propelled howitzer with higher explosive rounds. (not entirely sure on this one)
*Fix bug where time in transport is not recorded into stats while playing Euro Forces.
*Correct Challenger 2 image (the same the M1A2 only with the gunner seat marker changed).
*Decrease the size of the Challenger 2 (it is way out of proportion).
*Same skin or alike on the DPV from Great Wall used on the L2A6EX on Great Wall. That's a great skin.

Addition suggestions (you know, what if?)
*New APC.
*New fast transport.
*New medium transport.
*New bomber.
*New mobile AA.
*New ground defense.
*New AA defense.
*New AT rocket
*New pistol
*Add more flags on Taraba Quarry.
*Bring back the EU service ribbon.
*AT and Sniper kit do not share the same weapon as the unlocks. P90 and the L96 are both excellent unlocks... but the EU could have something of it's own.
*Both Euro Tanks should have their own unique engine sounds (both borrow from the Type 98 engine sound) and firing sounds (both borrow from the M1A2).

Fixes/tweaks/additions in regular Armored Fury

Vehicle suggestions
*Increase hit points on the EC-635 (isn’t as agile as the WZ-11, which seems about the same size)
*Make it to where 3+ hits from AA can take down an attack jet. (seems like you can survive 2 sometimes but it's hard to avoid).
*Allow infantry on scout helicopters a 180 degree of view from left to right.
*Decrease the chance of scout helicopters from being hit by AA.
*Increase the damage of attack jets main cannons towards vehicles. Obviously not overpowering, but enough to do quite a bit of damage being finished off with a few bombs.
*Highlight air units on screen in attack jets.
*Greater control over jets when adjusting speed. Seems to become too sensative or not sensitive at times. Smoother control that's all, and greater lift after coming from a dive.

Addition suggestions
*Create a flag at the cul-de-sac on Road Rage 64 player.
*Have two scout helicopters instead of just one on the 64 player version.

Fixes/tweaks/additions in all of Battlefield or later edits.

*Increase ticket count on 16 player maps by 25-50%. Possibly higher on certain maps (like more on some of the vehicles maps but less on the infantry maps like Karkand so it isn't a point whore fest... get the idea?)
*Increase ticket count on 32 player maps by 25%. Again maybe higher on some maps.
*Adjust spawn points on all maps and sizes in IO. Maybe more flags, or place them better so teams are balanced, edit cap time, and radius if possible.
*Either allow some maps to have transports, or give all maps transports without any mounted guns (but allow troops to fire their own weapons. Depending on how large the map and how critical they are, add more. Some maps could do away with them.
*Allow SF players (who launched SF not vanilla), to play on a SF server that can include normal BF2 maps into rotation.
*If a server plays only Euro Forces or Armored Fury, give the "2" icon it's respective color (blue or orange).
*Bring back squad hopping, of give the squad leader a chance to get revived longer (can opt for it).
*Tweak unlocks so they are not nublocks. Unlocks should be alternatives because stock weapons are not the same for every army. G36E gives medic players burst firepower if they prefer it over full-auto, not G36E over the M16 because it's much more accurate. A good example of what unlocks should do is the M96 or the L96 give players bolt action over semi-auto sniper rifles because they prefer that.
*Better hit registration and video sync.
*Game stability has improved which I am grateful of, but crashes still happen. I've played many games where crashes were almost non-existent, so why can't BF2 reach that kind of stability?
*MAKE THE BOOSTERS FREE! They are most likely not making much money off of them anymore, and it would increase both booster activity, especially for Euro Forces.
*Friendlies should be able to flag enemy mines and claymores.
*EU weapons should be unlocks in Special Forces. SF weapons can be used in BF2, why can't some BF2 weapons be used in SF? Obvious choice is the EU weapons. If SF weapons weren't mostly borrowed from MEC, it wouldn't be too hard to select weapons from the PLA, USMC, MEC, and EU to be SF unlocks.
*New BF2 map that is a PLA urban map. It would be cool if it was in Europe, and featured the EU.
*Snipers that spot enemy targets last longer on the minimap than normal.
*Anti-tankers who spot enemy vehicles last longer on the minimap than normal.
*Blowing up commander assets results in 1.5 points, not just one. 2 might be ok.
*Spec Op class gets 6 items of C4.
*AT class can get use flashbangs if they use stock weapons, as in not using the unlocks.

Oh yea... make EU weapons SF unlocks! In order to have these unlocks though... you need to buy Euro Forces and play it for 25-50 hours.

I didn't cover SF because I haven't played it much and I don't think much needs to be changed. Someone who has played it more than me has probably put in their respective suggestions.

Last edited by Hellogoodsir (2006-10-24 00:10:30)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6692|Tampa Bay Florida
I like what you wrote, Hellgoodsir, but

Hellogoodsir wrote:

Infantry suggestions
1. *Give the MEC and PLA commanders a full range of voices, instead of borrowing from the squad leader
Do you honestly think that this needs to be added?  Even IF EA/Dice do go for a 1.5 patch, do you really think they should waste valuable time and effort on something like commander voices?  You're the first person I've seen on the forums who's ever had a problem with the voices.  Sorry, just thought it was an abnormal idea
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

Normal/Core BF2

-Fix the J-10 imbalance with the F-35
-Fix hitreg issues once and for all
-Make G36E either have more recoil (as much as M16, since its accuracy is plenty good) or much less damage
-Make flares not so useless

Euro Force
-Replace mounted M249's with mounted HK21's
-Slight tweak to how Typhoon and Tiger HAP handle, just a bit more responsive
-More flags on Taraba Quarry 32 to make gameplay quicker and not as boring for the ground folk
-Add EU Service Ribbon, either 25 hours playing EF or 25 hours as EU and 1 second of each EF map played. Just so that if people give up before 50 hours or can't get 100BRS, they can have some other little gratification.

Armored Fury
-Less damage done to aircraft (except for attack choppers) by mobile AA
-Less mobile AA in general
Phrozenbot
+632|6617|do not disturb

Spearhead wrote:

I like what you wrote, Hellgoodsir, but

Hellogoodsir wrote:

Infantry suggestions
1. *Give the MEC and PLA commanders a full range of voices, instead of borrowing from the squad leader
Do you honestly think that this needs to be added?  Even IF EA/Dice do go for a 1.5 patch, do you really think they should waste valuable time and effort on something like commander voices?  You're the first person I've seen on the forums who's ever had a problem with the voices.  Sorry, just thought it was an abnormal idea
There is a lot I said which would be cool if included, you know, a finalized BF2 with all the touches before they abandon ship, but what is not likely to be bothered with.

And I also find it funny how since they are not english speaking that somehow no one would notice that if you're the MEC commander and you request a medic, it sounds the same as being a MEC squad leader, and so on. It's not the same for the EU commander. Also, how about a medic cry that is unique the the commander? Both USMC and EU sound files have them, but again, not PLA/MEC. Just a thought, but glad you enjoyed my suggestions Spearhead.

Last edited by Hellogoodsir (2006-10-17 23:51:43)

INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6441|canada
first off make the claymores destructable again or possibly give some kits the ability to disarm the claymore(but id say make them destructible0, then they should make it so when the commander drops a supply drop u should not just bea able to get ammo and health, but be able to change kits entirely.......hmm thats all i can think of

Last edited by INFERNO552 (2006-10-17 22:49:30)

INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6441|canada
o ya and put the crouch/prone back to the way it was, if u cant handle a buny hopper thats noone elses fault
(not sayin that im that way,not a bunny hopper or ne of that crap)

they should also put the choppers back 2, 12 rockets per pod
Bernadictus
+1,055|6739

Maps
-SF Map
-Vanilla Map

Vehicles
-T90, more damage per shot. 125mm Smoothbore vs. 120mm M1A2 Smoothbore.
-Armor, more power, sliding down a 5% slope is not cool.
-Blackhawk, restore guns.
-Helicopters, increase TV range.

Weapons
-G36e, more deviation per shot.
-SVC, more power.
-MK3A1, tad faster reload.

Classes
-Sniper; Up claymore to 4, but make them destroyable.
[83rd]Stecchino
+17|6558|83Division.com

Fearmesnipers wrote:

hopping requires more skill than standing and shooting at each other.
But hopping is stupid and looks stupid.  Besides the point is not to stand still and shoot but to move around and shoot but NOT jump up and down you're riding a pogo stick into battle.

INFERNO552 wrote:

possibly give some kits the ability to disarm the claymore(but id say make them destructible0, then they should make it so when the commander drops a supply drop u should not just bea able to get ammo and health, but be able to change kits entirely.......hmm thats all i can think of
Currently engineers CAN use their wrench to disarm if they approach it from behind the claymore.  As I said above, I think the ability to spot claymores/mines for teammates using the "spotted" voice menus would be very useful as well.

Also, the unique commander voices would be very cool and useful as well.

Last edited by [83rd]Stecchino (2006-10-18 07:55:15)

Hama-Raptor-UK
+58|6425|West Midlands
can someone please PM me on what vanilla is cause i aint got a clue
thanks
Wojo97civic
+5|6453

SGT.Slayero wrote:

fix the game
Fix my fucking constant high ping(for me and some other people),  Fix the nerfed BH guns, Fix the CTD when im switching weapons, FIX the audio of a gun constantly shooting, fix the PKM, Fix the knifing, Fix the revive range, fix the bunny hoping ( 1 jump every 5 seconds), fix the fucking game!
[83rd]Stecchino
+17|6558|83Division.com
Have you ever...

-been separated from your squad?

-had to work as a lone wolf?

-needed to work with another squad to accomplish the same goal or quickly warn non-squadmates about a claymore/mine you spotted (thus saving their lives and your life because you know they're going to set it off right next to you)??

-How about my personal favorite, ever needed a quick way to say I'm sorry to a non-squadmate teamkill victim (I always have trouble pulling up "Sorry" on the rose before they punish)?

Introducing "Proximity Chat".  Simply press the "T" key to talk to nearby teammates (<20 meters) via in-game VOIP.  Use of this feature would be limited to a duration of 5 seconds per use to prevent abuse by unscrupulous teammates and to encourage players to work within their squads most of the time.

The squad talk icon is green, commander talk is yellow, this would be "local" talk and would be blue.

Last edited by [83rd]Stecchino (2006-10-19 10:04:24)

Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6550|USA bitches!
Best idea would be for them to just revert back to whichever patch it was that the game shipped with. Or, 1.2, back when the game was fun. Just fucking do it and stop crying. REVERT and then fix any issues that causes the game to crash. Let the fucking babies quit and go play 2142, since that game is made for noobs anyways.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard