G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6628|Sea to globally-cooled sea
give me the fucking crosshairs back when I get up from the prone position, you bastards!!
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6597|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
revert to 1.12 and im good. Jalalabad isnt that great anyways
T0rr3nt
+54|6579|Michigan
heres one.

bf2142
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6441|canada
fix the proning delay stuff
jets equal
and if they make another map id like to see a good city map with china, they dont have one theyre all mec vs usmc
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
Some more...

Add another clip to the MP7 and G3

Increase clip size of MK3A1 to 10 rounds and decrease total clips

increase total assualt smokes to 3, make smoke thicker (like if it was from a tank)

Increase hit detection for rockets and tv missiles

New map featuring China and USMC fighting in the woods (similar to fallen but with jeeps and a t-chopper and APC for each side)

Bring back jump shooting but make it so inaccurate, even with shotguns and gl that its pointless to offensively bunnyhop.

(slightly) decrase devation added per shot for L85A1, and once again slightly

Increase tv missile range by 50m

make clays removeable with explosives bigger

we good?
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6543|Winterpeg, Canada
Gotta punch in some sorta evidence to show ur 18+, or ur parents gotta do it for u, this could just possibly, and i mean in the slightest way ever, get rid of all the little 12 and under players that never shut up about being killed and what not.
Dex Luther
+32|6440|Canukastan

vjs wrote:

3. A paracute that actually deploys 100% of the time.
It's ways deployed 100% of the time for me. You've got to realize that you have to fall a certain distance before it'll open. No matter how many times you pound the 9 key it won't open before you've fallen that distance.
Zukabazuka
+23|6687
1. add a bit more power to the Blackhawk but not as it used to be before.

2. AK-101 lower damage, this gun is just to powerful

3. Better Hit detection for Rockets and TOW missiles, tired that missiles never hit or just go through.

4. Make proning in air impossible, This isn't Matrix fellas and it never was.

5. Reduce the firerate on the MEC attackchopper guns, its raping better than the blackhawk did.

6. Make Claymores destroyable by handgrenande or any other explosive stuff.

7. Make sniping Harder, right now its just to damn easy to do headshot with M24 or L96.
Cr4zyM3x1c4n
+5|6487
1.2 back or maybe my opinion give my money back?
zariok
+0|6418
Change the "Anti-Tank" to "Anti-Vehicle".

Turn off the "laser guided" function.   Make it a straight shot unless you "lock" a vehicle, including heli and planes, for 3-5 seconds.    Airborne vehicles should take a SINGLE shot to bring down.  To square this, rockets can't fly forever, put a distance on it.  I've never seen a video of a plane taking a rocket blast, fly-by a carrier or runway and get repaired and rearmed.   

Force planes to LAND to repair/rearm.  Helis are ok as they have to get pretty close to the pad.

Check the vids for Enemy Territory, they've got that ...

Prob a reason the "no vehicle" servers are gaining popularity, people are getting tired of being raped by planes and helis.  Adding a "lock" type shoulder rocket would even up the odds and make vehicle maps fun again.

None of this matters, EA bought DICE.  Support is now non-existent.  Besides, you think they come here and read these rants?

Last edited by zariok (2006-10-03 15:47:27)

bakarocket
+12|6550
Don't change anything. It's fine the way it is. It's almost as good now as some of the mods for 1942 used to be.
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6642|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
i'm sure this has already been posted, but to fix the j10 - f35B problem perhaps let the f35B have quicker flare reload time, and perhaps 3 bombs, this wouldnt exactly solve the problem, but it would add a few advantages to the USMC.... again, just an idea
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6462
this thread is pointless when 1.4 is the final one
Riddick51PB
+21|6510|Lincoln.ne.us
ok, i'm posting here my work in progress so that you can see the Patch v1.5 request list:

1.  Increase the ticket requirement for EA Ranked Servers to a minimum of 500 tickets : 500 tickets.  The ground pounders need time to get to those far flags which aren’t watched.  Snipers require time to get into a strategically thought out position.  Reason: 300 tickets are too short for ground pounders.  If you run around in a HMMVV the entire round, 300 tickets is fine.  But the reality is, not everyone wants to spend the entire round in Hummvees or armored vehicles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Give BF2: Special Forces players access to the AI L96A1 unlock on Special Forces maps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Give BF2 Special Forces owners access to Zip Lines & Grappling hooks on the standard BF2 maps such as Strike at Karkand, Sharqi Peninsula.  This will breath lots of life into those buildings in Karkand and other similar maps that currently cannot be ascended.  Specifically, the BF2: Special Forces Sniper class should be outfitted with a grappling hook –AND- the Zip Line; or just the Grappling Hook.

What good is a Zip line to a sniper if you can’t reach the high position in the map in the first place?  Answer: None, the Zip line is not of help to the Sniper; unless you give the BF2: SF Sniper BOTH the Grappling Hook -AND- the Zip Line to maneuver on structures.

Myself, I like to hang out on 2nd or 3rd floor balconies and watch the action on the map and kill when the opportunity presents itself.  I’m certain I’m not the only one doing this.

4.  Eryx/SRAW: One hit takes down a chopper. This brings equilibrium to the chopper, which takes out hardened objectives with one shot. Now we will have "Ground Whores" as well as "Chopper Whores".  Now the boys on the ground can bring down those chopper pilots sporting rounds of 140-1 and hollering "i'm good. stfu" from their choppers.  A more balanced game.  If chopper guy can roll round scores of 140-1, why can’t ground based AT guy?  That is the imbalance and it can be fixed with Eryx/SRAW destructive force increase.  Hit a choppers tail with a rocket/missile, it becomes unstable and goes into a catastrophic death spin.  Can you say "CHOPPER DOWN!!!," I'm certain you can.

5.  Special Forces weapon/rifle selection menu available in Standard BF2. However, BF2: SF weapons are not available to Std. BF2 owners --- unless the Std. BF2 owner also owns a licensed copy of SF.

6.  Variable Scope, Three-level zoom, or Two-level zoom scope for the two sniper rifle unlocks, the M95 and the AI L96A1.  For a “Variable Scope” allow the use of mousewheelup/mousewheeldwn to control the in/out zoom from mid-range to long-distance.  Or, a zoomed scope featuring two-levels of zoom, mid-range and far, on the M95 and the L96A1 sniper rifles.

7.  Reskin the British’s Accuracy International L96A1.  Its skin needs to be reworked to exhibit its awesome power.  Here are some real life images of the L96A1:

Image 1 link (paste it in your broswer): http://tinyurl.com/fzyr2   Note: green finish
Image 2 link : http://tinyurl.com/q499f     Note: brown finish AWSM .338 Lapua Magnum

Here is the best picture I could get of the current BF2 skin of the AI L96A1 sniper rifle, it is brightened by the angle of the sun on the rifle.  You can see it a little bit better in-game, but not much better than this:
Image 1: http://tinyurl.com/feh9o

The BF2 M95 skin looks good, defined, clear, good skin job.  Here is a picture of the BF2 M95 skin: http://tinyurl.com/kcgt2

Here is the Half-Life 1: Counter-Strike skin of the L96A1’s little brother, the AI Arctic Warefare Magnum .338 Lapua Magnum:
Image 1: http://tinyurl.com/emjh7
Image 2: http://tinyurl.com/ntmhk
Image 3: http://tinyurl.com/rykq5

Notice the skin of the CS version represents the grandeur of the L96A1 more clearly.  Can we reskin the L96A1 to bring a stronger, more dominating look?

8.  Make the flash/smoke/frag grenades bigger.  Those little things are hard to see.  Surely they’re bigger than throwing a bottle cap?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Increase MK3A1 Jackhammer from eight to ten rounds according to its official design specification.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10.  Code in a small rotating compass point rose.  This is somewhat like the soldier would have available in his PDA.  Or, like you would see in Return to Castle Wolfenstein.  It has an appealing look while it’s spinning around as you change direction and walk the map toward your next objective.  The default BF2 mini-map rose in the upper right of the screen doesn’t quite function the same, or, at least, isn’t as aesthetically pleasing.  Here is an example of the Compass rose (copy the following link to the address window in your web browser): http://tinyurl.com/fwm9y

11.  More Maps!

12. Armory posts to change weapons, classes, or just to get ammo when the support class just won't give after repeated requests.  Unfortunately, there are some players who don’t know how to give ammo or health packs or they simply won’t give them if they know how to.

The armory post would be nice; as long as it's in a fixed location.

13.  Focus on the small little bugs that arise from the 1.4 patch that won't be difficult to fix for the new 1.5 ! (lets keep BF2 alive and kickin' !)

13.  New Weapon Choices !

14.  The only thing, and I mean ONLY thing 1.5 should do is fix server stability.

15.  People have come to expect the wrong things from a PATCH. Like the fellow who made this thread. A Patch is to fix things, nothing more, and hopefully nothing less.

16.  Eliminate Bunny-Hopping.  Give players one-jump capability.  Then, they have to have their feet down on a surface while their “jump meter” powers up for like 3 milliseconds.  Yet you can still bounce around like a rabbit, land flat on your stomach and instantly start mowing with perfect accuracy.  One BF2 player comments: “This is just me, and I'm a somewhat athletic guy. But if I hopped around while holding an assault rifle, jumped in the air a foot and a half, and did a belly flop directly into the dirt, not only would I take a bar of damage and make a huge 'Oomph' sound, I probably wouldn't get a clean shot off for a good second or two. Then again, I dont claim to be a trained soldier.”  Another BF2 player: “I realize this is a video game, but if you're going to 'punish' people from getting up, you need to do the same to people going prone.”

17.  Need crosshair shake when going prone for 2 milliseconds or something of that nature.

18.  TWO second "invisibility shield" on spawn in at any spawn point.  So guys can't cut you down like a lawnmowere at your spawn in.  The advantage should go to the “spawn-in” player, not the guy camping map spawn in positions.  “Remove the see before control nature of spawning units.”  “Your enemy can see you 'spawn' before you gain control of your character or move.  Perhaps add 1-2 sec invulnerability on spawn.”  “I would say invisibilty over invincibilty, it's just as seemless and problem solving, but less exploitable.”

19.  “Ultimately, DICE need to nick Quake Wars Spawn idea, of being flown in from off-map on a dropship...or if u will, transport chopper/Osprey Assault Plane. It's exactly what ospreys are designed for, assaulting heavily defended positions.  Actually, I'd like to see these as pilotable craft, but anyway, a different way of spawning to keep immersion would be better than any jerry-rigged 2 second invisibilty/invincibilty measure.”

20.  “How about adding the ability for ground troops to laser designate a target for aircraft (jets or helos) to launch laser guided bombs/missles.  OK, now that would be cool.  Although, it's not really like aircraft need MORE help blowing up ground forces, but a little more scalpal, and less nuke would be nice.”
Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6697|South Africa
Please Fix The $%#*ing HITBOXES!!!
&
NERF the G36E! Its a gun that requires little skill. And i dont care who flames me for it. But its true.
=4th=vsujohn
+3|6419
Well, one bug that ive been having problems with of late is the squad bug. You cant join a squad, make a squad, or if you are in a squad you cant leave it or spawn on the squadleader.
Also.... J-10 is way too overpowering. I pretty much suck at jets but if I hop in the J-10 i can own some pretty experienced pilots. I guess they can decrease the lock on. If you fly an F35B and shoot all your missiles while locked dead-on to a J-10 you'd be lucky to get one hit.
rizbiz
+3|6426
fix the damn knife....if ur right in front of the guy, you miss, 10 feet away, boom and here's your knife...thats so friggin stupid
deanspeedway
+0|6724
I think the game-play (for infantry) in 1.4 is the best that it's been. I'm glad that bunny hopping grenade launchers are a thing of the past.
Ok... improvements...

1. Team switching for auto balance only happens to those who haven't joined squads .
   There's not much that's more annoying to be cruising around in a great squad that's working well only to be team-switched and seeing that over 50% of your team is Unassigned.

2  Tiny tiny increase in splash radius for grenade launcher. They are a bit weak compared to hand grenades

3. A second smoke grenade for assault. Would it really affect balance that much? It would make assault a bit more useful.

and a wacky idea

4. Give players a point incentive each time they spawn on the squad leader. The idea being to encourage people to join squads, spawn as squads and hopefully act as squads.

I haven't really thought this one through as to how it would work but maybe you get 5 points at the end of the round if you spawn on the green dot 75% of the time during the round. Or a point each time maybe. The squad leader gets the points of his best squad member for the round. I guess the point- a- time system encourages people to die a lot though so maybe it's not ideal!!

Anyway it's just an idea.
deanspeedway
+0|6724

=4th=vsujohn wrote:

Well, one bug that ive been having problems with of late is the squad bug. You cant join a squad, make a squad, or if you are in a squad you cant leave it or spawn on the squadleader.
I don't think this is a bug. I think they changed this in one of the last patches so that you can only join or create a squad when you are alive.
It's a bit annoying but I guess it's to stop rampant squad switching or rotating squad leaders to keep a spawn point alive (which was a bit of an exploit).
zariok
+0|6418

deanspeedway wrote:

=4th=vsujohn wrote:

I don't think this is a bug. I think they changed this in one of the last patches so that you can only join or create a squad when you are alive.
It's a bit annoying but I guess it's to stop rampant squad switching or rotating squad leaders to keep a spawn point alive (which was a bit of an exploit).
No there's definately a problem sometimes, though I'm not sure yet what cause it.

Some servers you'll jump in, I think the server may auto switch you, and then you're unable to join/create squads.
manitobapaintballa
+32|6620
1. Bunny hopping/Dolphin diving restored- bad idea
2. shockpaddles fixed- ??
3. Blackhawks restored to original power- YES!!!!!! (well mabie just the guns)
4. All planes balanced0- damn straight
5. Turn FF back onto claymores permanantly- and make sure they can be destroyed by explosions
6. Make standing headshots with a sniper hard again-??
deanspeedway
+0|6724

zariok wrote:

deanspeedway wrote:

=4th=vsujohn wrote:

No there's definately a problem sometimes, though I'm not sure yet what cause it.

Some servers you'll jump in, I think the server may auto switch you, and then you're unable to join/create squads.
That is true- you can't always join/ create a squad when you first join a server. I think you can do it after you spawn and while you are alive. Still annoying tho cos you can't spawn with your squad til after the first death.
twiistaaa
+87|6670|mexico
the only two things that bother me are

not being able to click on the ribbons ingame, sure no real problem but its so simple it should just work...

and

sometimes i heal and i can hear a repeating sound of the medic bag (like a zipping sound) that can be irratating.
zariok
+0|6418

deanspeedway wrote:

zariok wrote:

deanspeedway wrote:

That is true- you can't always join/ create a squad when you first join a server. I think you can do it after you spawn and while you are alive. Still annoying tho cos you can't spawn with your squad til after the first death.
No no .. as stated  i know that, as it was a "feature" added in 1.3, i think, to keep people from rotating squad leaders to keep a spawn point alive.

There's a bug as even after you join the server and have spawned, you are unable to create/join a squad.  I have a sneaking feeling that it's caused when the server "auto balances" you from one side to another but have been unable to verify.
alpinestar
+304|6598|New York City baby.
It's 1.3 all over again, open beta closed fucking ears.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard