DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6682|Disaster Free Zone

RDMC wrote:

Its a fun map, ONCE you are inside the damn ship.

And BTW, Iron Gator on IO is pretty much as playing Wake Island on IO. It can be done, but its not practical.
Nah gators much worse. At least on wake you can take the RIBs and land anywhere on the island. Sure its still stupid, but its a lot harder to defend the whole coast compared to the 1 small entry point to the carrier
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6413|Belgium
Conclusion: Gator pwns but should not be played as an IO map. Kthxbye
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6787|Bulgaria
Iron Gator is the worst map ever in the history of BF series!
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6329

You should have taken screenshots of people complaining. If anybody was, I bet it was funny enough considering teh scenerio
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
mr. LuxusLexus
+11|6215
Iron Gator does not do it for me. CQB is cool, but the layout og the map is more cunfusing and frustrating than it is well designed.
Stizz
+8|6250|New Jersey

mr. LuxusLexus wrote:

Iron Gator does not do it for me. CQB is cool, but the layout og the map is more cunfusing and frustrating than it is well designed.
I disagree, the layout of the map is fine, its only confusing to you because you have barely played the map.  Once you get a feel for the layout of the ship, then it is very easy to navigate.  Its got to be one of the best maps on sf.  As for the infantry only option on this map, it should only be enabled if its the 16 player size without a doubt.  Then again, I have always thought that infantry only should just be an option used on the maps, they should have tweaked each and every map just for infantry only, this way not only could a server mix it up and run some maps io and some with vehicles in their rotation, but by tweaking the maps with io specifically in mind it would have worked out to be alot more fun on all the maps with maps like The Iron Gator for example benifiting the most from it.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6382|the land of bourbon
a couple ladders from the hangar bay to the water might be a good addition. 

really the only way for IO mec to win is to have a good squad leader and a jetski at the beginning of the match.  it's probaby rare on a pub though...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

In fact the other day I was in a I/O Iron Gator server (it was an I/O server with multiple map rotation) and I was on the MEC and we managed to get on board the boat and overtake it. Just takes lots of coordination and hope that the other team is too stupid to use AT rockets.

The best thing is sitting in the Essex "sniping" people on the shore. Just swing it around firing everywhere until you get the X saying you've done damage. Then just narrow in on your target and it's an easy kill
Stizz
+8|6250|New Jersey

steelie34 wrote:

really the only way for IO mec to win is to have a good squad leader and a jetski at the beginning of the match.  it's probaby rare on a pub though...
There are plenty of ways to to get on the gator.  IMO, the MEC have it the easiest on that map, because once there on the ship its usually over for the seals.  I usually play MEC when i play gator, ruin the round for the guys who constantly team-switch to seals thinking they will get an easy win.
Budzilla
+9|6193|Brisbane, Australia
If its a pub server you might be able to get a boat with a squad leader to the engine room quickly enough when the game loads up. Of course the Squad Leader will need a much faster PC than anyone on the SEALs.
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6747|Mexico City
i have seen IO gator servers but with MECSF spawn at south of carrier, both teams spawn below carrier.
extremely fun !!!!!

BTW, gator is one of the best maps, it requires a lot of skills and teamplay to win a match, not like karkand that any noob can play it.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

i have seen IO gator servers but with MECSF spawn at south of carrier, both teams spawn below carrier.
extremely fun !!!!!

BTW, gator is one of the best maps, it requires a lot of skills and teamplay to win a match, not like karkand that any noob can play it.
Thats the 16player version. Its actually good fun, but with more than 16v16 its just a nade and gaymore fest.
Then again....whats new.
shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6676|Warlord/Bellevue,WA

kn0ckahh wrote:

lol stupid ppl
Me neither, I didn't think one existed

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard