The_Jester
+52|6488|Italy
I didn't noticed it was an IO pussy mode server, and joined a Gator game as Seals.
In a few seconds I realized it was infantry only and the poor MECSF had RIBs only, not jet skis.

So an usually slightly imbalanced map become a complete massacre. MECSF simply don't stand a chance, it's physically impossible for them to set a step on the ship.
AT>ribs.

Screenshot of that round:
https://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8572/screen002xi7.jpg

Just with at rockets.
At the end they wasnt even trying to come to the ship, just sniping from the shore.

Has anyone ever seen the MECSF win a round on infantry only?

Last edited by The_Jester (2006-09-30 07:59:25)

scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6634|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Ive never actually seen an iron gator IO server...
kn0ckahh
+98|6735|netherlands, sweet lake city
lol stupid ppl
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6528
Why would you even join a server like that. Navy SEALS rape the mec especially mec with ribs and no jetskies.
basetballjones
+30|6745
ewww, no.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6766|Human Meat Shield
Wow...I would have had at least 3 snipers in my boat... think about it... We run a IO SF ALL map server, and no one had a problem with it. YOu have a RIB and 3 snipers, what you cant hit anyone??
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6783|Bulgaria
the Iron Gator is the WORST BF2 map anyway
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6691|Howell, Mi USA
IO is the worst, if it's not a city map it's useless. Never actually seen an IO Iron Gator though, but MECsf wouldn't have a chance in hell of getting on the ship. A few AT guys on deck can easily take out RIBs all day long. That map Needs Choppers.

Im not one to bitch about EA/DIce but they really had their heads in their asses with this IO mode thing.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6603|Parainen, Finland
I would call this stat padding, "You kill us first, then we´ll kill you later, deal???"
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6729|Germany, near Koblenz
Not really, since you can't get as much kills and other points as in normal mode. TIG 32/64 IO is only boring/frustrating, nothing "usefull" there. (They forgot to re-activate the grappling hooks!)

As mentioned allready in quite a lot of threads, the IO mode is only fun on some few (balanced) maps (my personal favorite is Ghost Town). And to make it perfect fun, FF has to by on.
samfink
+31|6552
erm, you wouldn't even NEED to be on deck. just have 32 AT stationed at the boat entrance, and destroy the hell otu of any boats coming in. yeah, as MECSF, iron gator IO sucks.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6729|Germany, near Koblenz
No, just 31 and Ubersturmbannfuhrer as the stat padding supporter!

(Sorry mate, no offence! +1 as an exchange for the joke)
Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6603|Parainen, Finland
No prob, dude!!!

None taken, that stat pad thingy was just a quick throw just to point out a view of the whole Iron Gator IO type.

I hate stat padding, though I do it a little sometimes when there is a chance to do it, just for 1-2 points sometimes.... throwing ammo to guys firing at nothing or Noobs hurting themselves with nades...

But what you commented earlier is true, you made a point there, that´s why I´m giving you +1 back for changing my view on the matter!!!!
(karma padding)
jimmanycricket
EBC Member
+56|6652|Cambridge, England
i love iron gator,but only if they get on the ship.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6646
Im waiting for master's score still
samfink
+31|6552
actually, i forgot, it's not 32 AT, it's only 16. the other 16 are support, giving a nice tear gas cloud ( in case some enemies actually manage to get through the hail of AT rockets that should be peppering the area) plus giving ammo. ideal allocation- 8 tear gas launchers,8 ammo givers, 16 AT to keep the boats away from the landing area. that should work, but if you INSIST on some extra insurance, have 2 M95-wielding snipers on one of the  bay sides, with their claymores on the other. should give 100% coverage. when you hear the enemy coughing, blast at will. they aren't going anywhere ( as they are too busy coughing, and scrambling to put on gas masks. if you see enemies with gas masks already on approaching, get rid of them sharpish with AT fire.
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6506|Daytona Beach, FL

jimmanycricket wrote:

i love iron gator,but only if they get on the ship.
Yeah Iron Gator is a drag for both armies if MECSF cannot gain a foothold on the Essex.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6824|Australia
try running the 16 player version.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6575|Florida

Nikola Bathory wrote:

werd

But the pic is pretty funny, the highest scoring person on the other team had 7 points lmao
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6580|Windsor, Ontario, Canada

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Im waiting for master's score still
LMAO!  They never even impressive when he posted them all the time.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6563|England

Nikola Bathory wrote:

Cos theres no tank to rape an uncap with?

I cant believe people would even contemplate making an IO Gator server...it's pretty obvious that that would happen
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6409|Belgium

Nikola Bathory wrote:

Shut the feck up, that's Crackland.

I've experienced IO Iron Gator once. It was awful even though I was on the Seals side. Everyone was AT/Spec Ops/Sniper. C4 and claymores all inside the entrance to the ship and SRAWs flying about. At the end, just like in your round, the MECSF didn't even bother to try because it was quite simply impossible to get in.
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6476|Trondheim, Norway
How the hell did you manage to die 2 times?

edit: lol why this mega-bump?

Last edited by Emil (2007-07-29 04:46:33)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6562|Area 51
Its a fun map, ONCE you are inside the damn ship.

And BTW, Iron Gator on IO is pretty much as playing Wake Island on IO. It can be done, but its not practical.

Last edited by RDMC (2007-07-29 04:51:46)

{RR}Broccoli
+0|6141
If it is FF = OFF you might be able to sneak to the bow of the ship, then C4 jump to the deck from a RIB. (You can walk around in them, the only trick is staying in the buggy thing from shore, you can't "E" out without ending up in the water.

Otherwise though, a dumb friggin map type.

I could understand no attack helos but man.... waste your time on some other server first.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard