RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6537|Chicago
RPK. Faster, more accurate, more ammo. Far better than the PKM. I honestly haven't been able to understand people's obsession with that weapon...
Ether151
Banned
+22|6660
RPK is god.  Yeah the pmk is nice but it is still not the rpk.  As for the mg36 it is all hype there is nothing special about it at all.  If you really take the time to sit down and compair all of the guns in this game the standard non-unlocks are just as good if not better than the unlocks.  The best gun in the game for any kit is the one you play with the most, the more time you play with it you learn the recoil effects, shot placement, and so on so just pick one and practice.
MrE`158
+103|6623
I find that the LMg of choice depends on what map you're playing.

If it's a really intense, close-combat infantry map, like Iron Gator, Warlord, Karkand, Mashtuur or whatever, then the higher rate of fire of the RPK just rules.  If it's a wide open map, with long-range shots on infantry and you regularly taking pot-shots at choppers and the like, (Wake, Oman, Dalian etc.), then the extra power of the PKM is a big bonus.

Yes, the PKM is great, all that power is wonderful, but it's rate of fire is pitiful compared to the other LMGs, so in really close-quarters, unless you can regularly get those headshots, you're better off with the RPK (or SAW...)

As for the MG36, I hate it.  It's the bastard hybrid offspring of the other LMGs.  It fails to have the rate of fire of the RPK, and fails to have the damage of the PKM.  Okay, it might be more accurate at really long range, but if I'm at really long range, why aren't I playing Sniper?  Medium fire-rate and medium damage make for a medium weapon.  Jack of all trades, master of none, thats the MG36.
burton
+9|6420|Da Bay, California
sick of this nub talk.....pkm is the best support gun period. Accurate as a sniper as long as fired in one shot bursts and the most damaging gun in the game next to the snipers.

http://bf2s.com/player/63562589/
Raptor1
+19|6488
I like the SAW, 200 rounds and it fires superfast, good in small alleys
greenhaven
+47|6466
It's a toss up between them for me. In very close combat, I'll take the RPK any day, but at longer ranges, PKM is better.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6519|Adelaide, South Australia

Raptor1 wrote:

SAW ftw.
Phrozenbot
+632|6615|do not disturb

Stock all the way.
Audio
+130|6532|Orlando, FL
Are you serious?  RPK.  Unlocks are for pubnubs, stock guns ftw.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6646

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Raptor1 wrote:

SAW ftw.
Yeah that is nice but it's the least accurate of all them. Fuck, I like them all. They're all pretty much the same thing in the end anyways with insignificant differences.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6719|Melbourne, Australia
rpk it has a higher rate of fire and you need that in a game where your first 5 bullets dont register
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6706|Antarctica
RPK-74 is the best support gun hands down.  PKM and MG36 are OK but they can't touch the RPK.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6681|Disaster Free Zone
PKM for everyone and all the time. Best gun in the game owns the noob 101 users all the time
3 hits to kill (unlike rpk which is 4 or 5). more accurate (when your not full auto. eg. using skill).
RPK is your skilless spray and prey where the PKM you must aim, but when you do you can't lose.
t0mhank5
+319|6712|Surge

SharkyMcshark wrote:

MG36 is better. It pwns more at long range (especially on burst) and has a higher rate of fire which means its better for ye olde pray and spray. The only thing the PKM has over it is the headshot capability
no, no, and no. the MG36 was decent at best during 1.2, but the PKM was waaay better. since then, the MG36 has become pretty much useless, as it is only moderately good close range, while RPK is MUCH better. medium and long range, you might as well use a pistol to the MG36. bullets fly everywhere on auto and burst, and even when they do hit, it only does 30 damage, compared to PKM's 45 and RPK's extremely accurate whatever damage it does (35-40?). overall, pointless unlock.
valkstar
+3|6512

Audio wrote:

LOL NOOB!

all support is for pubnubs...
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6806|The planet Tophet
rpk is made of god and win
Audio
+130|6532|Orlando, FL

valkstar wrote:

Audio wrote:

LOL NOOB!

all support is for pubnubs...
Hm, thanks for contributing your opinion on the question.  Rofl, you flame me for giving my opinion.  What a tool.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6542|Winterpeg, Canada
RPK is like the ak on steroids... it fucking owns.
Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6652|Spokane, Washington

RPK if mec, mg36 if any other team
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6673|Houston, Texas
mg36 USED to be a good gun. now its the most moody of all the support weapons. you'll get long periods unable to hit anything. i'd much rather have the pkm over a mg36 these days.

but the RPK is the shiz in 1.4
[BF2s]Connor
The Young One
+20|6470|Wigan---Manchester---UK---
Rpk-74 all the way
XxOiLsP1lLxX
Putting the "I" back in TEAM
+48|6420|Kent UK
I prefer the PKM!
Just ask all the snipers who I've killed in a sniper Vs PKM battle.
I will admit that its not the best for spray and pray, but thats not wwhat support should be doing.
It is the assualts job to run straight in there, support is ment to hang back a bit and give them covering fire

I will admit that I do run in quite a lot though, on maps like karkand, where it is quite hard to find a place where you can give good covering fire and still get a decent amount of kills.

~!~Richard~!~
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6651|The Netherlands
rpk
GermanLegionaire
...performing headshots!
+46|6584|Hamburg / Germany
rpk-74 ftw. one shot kills, easy aiming even at long distances, and nice for unscoped shooting.
lvi
+0|6419|Texas, USA

t0mhank5 wrote:

no, no, and no. the MG36 was decent at best during 1.2, but the PKM was waaay better. since then, the MG36 has become pretty much useless, as it is only moderately good close range, while RPK is MUCH better. medium and long range, you might as well use a pistol to the MG36.
MR-444 SD over a pkm any day.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard