elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6460|USA
How the hell is this possible? FFS someone cracked my bf2 ranked server password, you know, the account thats in my sig? all 850 hours, stolen from me. I emailed EA. If they do anything I'd be surprised. Man I'm so mad....
Master*
Banned
+416|6501|United States
that doesnt make sense, if they changed your password just ask for the account password to be sent to your email and then log in and change the password.

Last edited by Masterstyle (2006-09-29 18:09:18)

Obese_Soldier
+4|6469
Damn that's bad, because you can't change your password either. It was a nice account, too.
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6608
its ok, lets think of the positive things now. If you dont get your accont back, thats ok. Now you have time to have a life, go outside, bikeirde, hang out with your friends and enjoy the outdoors.
Master*
Banned
+416|6501|United States

Obese_Soldier wrote:

Damn that's bad, because you can't change your password either. It was a nice account, too.
couldnt he just have the password emailed to him?
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6669|under there hayousaidunderwear
How obvious is your password in order to get it hacked?
KingSnake
Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun
+1|6495
password: password

LOL

but i have had a problem with passwords when it just says wrong password and its right....i just got it reset and changed the password back to the old pass and it was fixed
cablecopulate
+449|6744|Massachusetts.
Someone got their Gibson hacked!
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6460|USA
In my email it says this :
    Hi, [email protected].

This email is to confirm that you have successfully changed your GameSpyID email address from [email protected] to [email protected].

This password change came from the IP address ***
    If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at http://support.gamespy.com/.

Which makes no sense because theres no confirmation link or anything... :S
Chou
+737|6797
Is the IP address yours?
switchbladezz
+48|6624
THIS HAPPEND TO ONE OF THE GUYS IN MY CLAN, he just gave up trying to fix it and started a new acc. but the guy that did it went onto a serv that we were playing on and typed that his password was stanley and that was his password, so he logged off and tried to get back on but it had been changed. who ever is doing this, it is some serious hacking.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6757|the middle of nowhere
Just change the password.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6460|USA
No the IP isn't mine. And switchbladezz thats exactly what happened to me...
higezzzz
+8|6455
http://www.dnsstuff.com/

do a reverse DNS. Get their host ID, check their isp's website for information. Call and report abuse and that you beleive their service should be terminated immediatly.

btw,  i really dont think this hack is all that complex. considering, your account and information(as far as i know)  is on EA's server. in no way is it stored on a server you play on.  You may say it is complex, but if it is actually what you are telling me, EA will notice lol.

Last edited by higezzzz (2006-09-29 22:57:31)

soadlink
+2|6727

higezzzz wrote:

http://www.dnsstuff.com/

do a reverse DNS. Get their host ID, check their isp's website for information. Call and report abuse and that you beleive their service should be terminated immediatly.

btw,  i really dont think this hack is all that complex. considering, your account and information(as far as i know)  is on EA's server. in no way is it stored on a server you play on.  You may say it is complex, but if it is actually what you are telling me, EA will notice lol.
Highly unlikely. The isp wont just terminate a connection just because he got an email with an IP address. Think about it, it's their customer, and they are getting paid from him. Also there just isnt enough evidence, and the 'crime' that has been comitted isnt that serious. I could make a fake email just like that and have someone's service terminated. Its an online game, nothing serious compared other serious online crimes like credit card fraud. Im not sticking up for the theif, but I'm sure the victim here doesnt want to waste his time for nothing.

Obese_Soldier wrote:

Damn that's bad, because you can't change your password either
Yes you can. Gamespyid.com

Also, EA/Gamespy wont do anything. This happens a lot, and I've heard many people complaining about how they wont help.

A lesson learned the hard way: make sure you choose a strong password
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6460|USA
It's a fucking BATTLEFIELD 2 account, not a paypal account or something worth anything for fucks sake... When I see my account on ebay for $500 I'll understand.
Chou
+737|6797

elite.mafia wrote:

It's a fucking BATTLEFIELD 2 account, not a paypal account or something worth anything for fucks sake... When I see my account on ebay for $500 I'll understand.
If you see your account on eBay, you need to contact them about what happend and maybe, I say maybe you can track details..

Edit: much better, put a bid on it for a 150 bucks and get the bankaccount for transfer!
Now you have all you need to know, the rest is up to you, If..

Last edited by Choumichel (2006-09-29 23:54:05)

soadlink
+2|6727
Most of the accounts on ebay dont mention a name. It might be hard to track it IF they even do end up selling it.
Chou
+737|6797

soadlink wrote:

Most of the accounts on ebay dont mention a name. It might be hard to track it IF they even do end up selling it.
If I were to sell your account, you would know it was yours.
soadlink
+2|6727

Choumichel wrote:

soadlink wrote:

Depends on how much information you include when you list it.
Chou
+737|6797

soadlink wrote:

Choumichel wrote:

soadlink wrote:

Example
cablecopulate
+449|6744|Massachusetts.
I don't read whatever language that is, but I'm pretty sure it says "This fucking link does not work."
soadlink
+2|6727

Choumichel wrote:

soadlink wrote:

Choumichel wrote:

Example
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2006/hmmgt1.jpg Broken link?

You may mean http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … %26fvi%3D1

But are you assuming EVERY listing includes those details? Because they dont. Therefore, not every auction is traceable back to a bf2 account name. If it was, eBay is not going to take it down without hard proof of some kind. It goes back to the fact that the seller is their customer, and they are making a % of what that listing sells for, and are not just going to take them down because some guy said it was his.
Chou
+737|6797

cablecopulate wrote:

I don't read whatever language that is, but I'm pretty sure it says "This fucking link does not work."
http://cgi.ebay.nl/BF2-ACCOUNT-CAPTAIN- … dZViewItem
soadlink
+2|6727
I'm sure the owner would be able to identify his account here too: http://cgi.ebay.com/battlefield-2-accou … dZViewItem

/sarcasm

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard