Tecova
+0|6419
I searched these forums, and several others (I really did use the search.) for information about Titan Consoles.  If the enemy blows them up, can an engineer repair them?  How are they destroyed?  I've seen videos where players shoot them with small arms, and use RDX packs.  What purpose do they serve aside from link on the progression to reaching the core?

Thank you for bearing with my questions.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6435|Stealth City, UK
They dont actually do anything, apart from when you blow them up a shield goes down around the core and other consoles. Im pretty sure they cant be repaired, and you can use anything to blow em up!
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6527|Valhalla
Could not tell ya, i spent nearly all the time flying around in the gunships
Icleos
+101|6735
It is in the code...
I believe you can repair some parts if they are damaged.
But if they are destroyed then no.

SCORE_KILL = 1
SCORE_TEAMKILL = -3
SCORE_SUICIDE = -2
SCORE_REVIVE = 1
SCORE_HEAL = 1
SCORE_RESUPPLY = 1
SCORE_REPAIR = 1
SCORE_STRATEGIC = 1
SCORE_EMP = 0.5
SCORE_DAMAGETITAN = 1
SCORE_DESTROYTITANWEAPON = 2
SCORE_REPAIRTITANWEAPON = 2
SCORE_DESTROYTITANPART = 2
SCORE_REPAIRTITANPART = 2
SCORE_DESTROYTITANCORE = 2
SCORE_REPAIRTITANCORE = 2
SCORE_DESTROYGROUNDCANNON = 2
SCORE_REPAIRGROUNDCANNON = 2
SCORE_DESTROYMISSILE = 2
SCORE_TEAMDAMAGE = -1
SCORE_TEAMVEHICLEDAMAGE = -1
SCORE_DESTROYREMOTECONTROLLED = 1

SCORE_TITANATTACKBONUS = 1
SCORE_TITANDEFENDBONUS = 1
SCORE_MAX_SQUADORDER = 10 # to make this tweakable
SCORE_SO_REVIVE = 1
SCORE_SO_HEAL = 1
SCORE_SO_REPAIR = 1
SCORE_SO_REAMMO = 1
SCORE_SO_KILL = 0.5
SCORE_SO_PICKUP = 0
SCORE_SO_DROP = 0

SCORE_SM_REVIVE = 0
SCORE_SM_HEAL = 0
SCORE_SM_REPAIR = 0
SCORE_SM_REAMMO = 0

SCORE_SM_KILLASSIST_DRIVER = 0.5
SCORE_SM_KILLASSIST_PASSENGER = 0
SCORE_SM_KILLASSIST_TARGETER = 0
SCORE_SM_KILLASSIST_DAMAGE = 0.5

SCORE_KILLASSIST_DRIVER = 0.5
SCORE_KILLASSIST_PASSENGER = 0
SCORE_KILLASSIST_TARGETER = 0.5
SCORE_KILLASSIST_DAMAGE = 0.5

TITAN_BONUSSCOREDIST = 100
TITAN_HORISONTAL_DROPDIST = 100
TITAN_VERTICAL_DROPDIST = 200

REPAIR_POINT_LIMIT = 100
HEAL_POINT_LIMIT = 100
GIVEAMMO_POINT_LIMIT = 100
TEAMDAMAGE_POINT_LIMIT = 50
TEAMVEHICLEDAMAGE_POINT_LIMIT = 50
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6761|Human Meat Shield
well all I know I that I couldn't repair them in the BETA, sux that once your shield is hurt you loose the Titans Firepower..or maybe its a good thing...
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6698|Antarctica
In the beta they could not be repaired.  But then again, you couldn't do much in the beta....
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6836|Bryan/College Station, TX
I'll break each one down for you.

SCORE_DAMAGETITAN = 1

I can only assume this is when you are firing at the Titan without shields with a normal vehicle. It shows that it hits and damages but I have no idea how long it takes to actually get one HP down on the Titan.

SCORE_DESTROYTITANWEAPON = 2

This is when you destroy any of the main weapons on the Titan. Be it the barrage artillery like guns on the bottom which there are 4 or the AA guns on top which there are 2.

SCORE_REPAIRTITANWEAPON = 2

I have never seen this happen. I have purposely waited till I knew the guns were damaged and not destroyed and attempted to repair that at the console as Engineer. The only time the Repair Icon appears is when a Gun was destroyed and by then you couldn't do anything. So damaged guns weren't repairable in Beta.

SCORE_DESTROYTITANPART = 2

This is blowing up a console. You can use any weapon to do this. It's sequencial so you if you blow up Console 1 then the shield for Console 3 opens up. If you blow up 2 then 4 opens up. You must blow up both 3 and 4 for the Main Core shield to go down.

SCORE_REPAIRTITANPART = 2

Once again I have yet to see this happen. I have tried after taking out a squad attacking the Console. It did not allow me to repair.

SCORE_DESTROYTITANCORE = 2

Obviously the person who makes the final shot gets 2 points.

SCORE_REPAIRTITANCORE = 2

Once again never seen it happen. I don't even know why these values exist unless they work in the real game and not the Beta.

SCORE_DESTROYGROUNDCANNON = 2

That's the fixed cannons on the ground. Either the laser cannon or the AA cannons.

SCORE_REPAIRGROUNDCANNON = 2

You can in fact fix these. I've done it.

SCORE_DESTROYMISSILE = 2

Ok WTF over? This is the missle that is flying inbound to the Titan from when when you capture a point. It reaims and fires a missle at the Titan. I see it go towards it and I see it incoming but if you can destroy one in mid flight good job because I have yet to do it. I've tried quite a bit. I've even attempted to ram a missle with a gunship to see if I could block it. No luck.

I have no fricken clue what the hell this is. Since you can't get to the Gun Consoles on an enemy titan's ship due to it being permanently blocked by a shield in that area, I don't know what they mean. Perhaps they mean a squad leader beacon? No idea.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
jrockyourdome
Banned
+10|6605|yourmomshouse
I thought they where kinda funny like a lame 70's switch board with BIG buttons. Then you shoot it till it sparks ,and poof it has the center blow out. Not that cool oldschool fps kinda.
^AgentHawk
Clear! You're good to go!
+17|6478|"Near Det.", MI

kilroy0097 wrote:

I have no fricken clue what the hell this is. Since you can't get to the Gun Consoles on an enemy titan's ship due to it being permanently blocked by a shield in that area, I don't know what they mean. Perhaps they mean a squad leader beacon? No idea.
Sentry guns?
Tas3674
+8|6433|Tasmania, Australia
Maybe u cant repair when destoyed but you can when its on half health of some thing?
Dex Luther
+32|6430|Canukastan
I know you can repair the titan guns even after they've been destroyed.
blackheeler
+4|6622|Perth, Australia
Agree with bullet_tooth on this one.

As far as the Titans weapons go, they can be repaired. If you are using one when it gets knocked out, the screen goes all blue and fuzzy, plus the green picture at the top of the weapons console changes to red.

Engineers simply pull out your air-gun and cut sick on the console, it may take some time to repair depending on how rooted the console/weapon is. The picture at the top of the console will change back to green and you are free to rain death and destruction on those pesky walkers.

Last edited by blackheeler (2006-10-15 00:47:40)

zeidmaan
+234|6407|Vienna

Also I think (not sure) that when you destroy the core you get 2 points but also everyone maning the titan guns dies (right away - no running away) and you get those kills.
I definitly had this happen to me once. 3 bonus kills.

Last edited by zeidmaan (2006-10-15 06:46:11)

Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6677
Has anyone tried hovering directly on top of the missile silo when it is about to launch?  Maybe that is a way to destroy a missile.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6731|Toronto | Canada

Sh4rkb1t3 wrote:

Has anyone tried hovering directly on top of the missile silo when it is about to launch?  Maybe that is a way to destroy a missile.
Nope, it doesnt work
I tried capping the flag with a hover heli thingy and the missle shot out and blew me up before I could cap the flag.  The missle kept going and I didnt get any points.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard