Op-Shop0%0% - 0
Generic Shop (Kmart, Target etc)10%10% - 11
Speciality (Surf, Skate, any brand names)34%34% - 36
Upper Department Store20%20% - 21
Custom Tailored Suits8%8% - 9
Total: 104
twiistaaa
+87|6682|mexico
Ive been thinking of changing my style. pretty much all my life ive worn clothes from surf or skate shops. they last long enough and look alright. but im starting to get over it. im thinking of going out and wasting some money on some new stuff. thinking of getting some suits made up and some dress shirts happening. no off the rack stuff. obv i wouldnt wear them everywhere but they do go well if your out on the town or at dinner etc.

anyone else changed/chaging their style or are you stuck in a rut and happy where you are?
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6638|Cherry Pie
My style has pretty much changed into Brand-whore status.  All I'm buying is Dolce & Gabbana, Feragamo, Armani and Gucci.  I blame Tokyo...
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6769|United States of America
American Eagle here.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6751

Pall Mall Export, G-Star Raw, Diesel, VanDerBilt, Hugo Boss Orange & Black.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6532|Montucky
Usually 10 dollar shirts and Carhart pants..

Gotta give it the old smell test before i put anything on...

Last edited by S3v3N (2006-09-28 06:45:12)

Orgtheone
+30|6676|The Dark Side Of The Moon
armani
La coste
Ralph Lauren
Rockport
Ben sherman
Firetrap
Nike
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6570|Kent, UK
i work for debenhams, so i usually get my shit there. good quality clothing, great brand names and a hefty staff discount. love it
Tor77
Ron Jeremy Apprentice
+84|6666|Norway
My GF lives in London so I do all my shopping there. I think Paul Smith has some really cool stuff - you can find affordable stuff in the "sports" line-up. Also wear Ralph Lauren, Armani Xchange, Prada when I can afford it, Replay Jeans, Zara has some affordable and cool shirts, Topshop has some decent products as well, and the Urban Outfitters stores are always full of cool stuff.

I like to mix street and preppy. Worn out jeans and a slick RL shirt f.ex. Army pants w/shirts etc.

twiistaaa: I used to be like that. I wore basically hoods and cargo pants + skater shoes. But as you grow up and get older you don't want to look like a wannabe :p  You want to look "smart" yet stylish in another way.

Basically I want coolness mixed with comfort. When I'm going out to dinner or a night out I prefer jeans and shirts with some fancy shoes (and matching belt, of course).
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6637|Camp XRay

i have to wear a suit everyday. sucks
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6708|Howell, Mi USA
I have to look somewhat decent for work, usually a button up shirt and jeans. Weekends i usually loaf around in a plain white shirt and my AC/DC pj pants, unless the woman wants to go somewhere. Then i just throw some jeans on and go.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6570|Kent, UK

Marlboroman82 wrote:

QFT!
I have to wear my work suit which is just an off the rack type. I much prefer my tailored suits. I get them from my store real cheap, but they wont let me wear them to work. Feckers
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6730
See my thread and you'll know.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6637|Camp XRay

^KoB^Buckles wrote:

Marlboroman82 wrote:

QFT!
I have to wear my work suit which is just an off the rack type. I much prefer my tailored suits. I get them from my store real cheap, but they wont let me wear them to work. Feckers
yea i unfortunately off the rack suits never fit me right because of the fact i have really broad shoulders and a smaller waist. the suits always look disproportionate because they are made for a larger person. i have a tailor i do some business with so between him and my fiance the tell me what i need to wear.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6536|...

Work clothes make up most of wardrobe .. typical office space (pullovers, kahkis). As long as it not cheap quality i usually don't care. Outside of work jeans, tshirts .. yada yada ... I care more when i was young .. im married and don't care as much now.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6581|NYC / Hamburg

during the summer i just wear my normal $10 t-shirts and my no brand shorts.

during winter this changes to polo shirts (they are warmer) by either a no brand or whatever is abailble (but seeing as i'm allergic to the suff they use to put on their brand icons, i usually stick to no brands) and jeans by whoever makes comfy ones. also when it gets really cold i wear generic sweatshirts (something along the lines of this, (yay, google) just whithout the hood or the pockets or zipper).

only thing that is sort of fashionable that i wear is sebago docksides around the year, cause they are light and comfortable, in comprison to timberland ones (which is the other brand which makes boat-shoes that can be bought here)

i.e.: screw fashion and brands, as long as my clothing is comfortable. if you have a problem with that, i couldnt care less

Last edited by max (2006-09-28 07:16:28)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
jsnipy
+3,276|6536|...

fyi .. "and when the wind blows .. you see my polos and timbos"
alpinestar
+304|6610|New York City baby.
In new york just about anything works
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6692|In You Endo- Stoke
I voted for surf stuff,but i do wear no name brand clothes,whatever i feel confortable in really,as i ain't trying to impress anyone (virtually married) so i don't tend to make an effort.

I wear shirt and trousers and shoes at work ,so the last thing i want to do when i come home is dress up again.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6736|Eastern PA
Whatever my GF picks out for me...without her I'd be barely able to dress myself.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6493|Sheffield-England
burberry

Last edited by stkhoplite (2006-09-28 12:21:07)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6646|949

what's Op-Shop?  I guess my style is "whatever I like."  People that go to Armani XChange or Ralph Lauren and buy a T-shirt for 30$ are fucking idiots as far as I am concerned.  It is one thing to want to look nice in a button-down suit and/or slacks and a polo, its another to pay $100+ on jeans and/or $25-30+ on a T-Shirt.  Oh yeah, and those ribbed, tight, v-neck style clubber shirts that Armani and other "upscale" clothiers make are fucking gay as hell.  When you wear those, you look almost as gay as if you wear a pink polo with a popped collar and a Livestrong band.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2006-09-28 12:22:24)

[S.P.S]1on1killa
+28|6754|Germany, Berlin
i got a few shops that i usually visit. my fav. brands are sir benni miles and ecko. however, i do have a couple of suits at home...u know, gotta be prepared for all situations...
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6544|Boston, MA
Whatever feels comfortable for me.
twiistaaa
+87|6682|mexico

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

what's Op-Shop?
its a second hand shop, like the ones run by the salvation army. you can get some bargins in there. i dont shop there but i have some friends who do they get some alright stuff for like $2 or $3.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6555|Winterpeg, Canada
My wardrobe:

3 tailor suits
like 20 dress shirts          (rarely wear this stuff)
5 pants

Loose fittin jeans like 5 pairs
sweat pants and some sports shit
nike, adidas, reebok, colubia, point zero shirts

basically anything that's a good deal and fits good

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard