Possum61
+9|6765|Philly PA USA
Put my time in the Gulf War. Tank Warfare. I have a very strong dislike for vehicle suicide types as you proablly could understand   

Last edited by Possum61 (2005-11-14 22:51:31)

KillerTroop 11th Cav Whit
+0|6757|Fort Worth, Texas
Hey brother. I am retired AF yes Fly Boy. My dad was in the Army. I was in Desert Storm also. We killed all your targets, sorry. LOL
Possum61
+9|6765|Philly PA USA
Killer.... Thanks bub for all the help in the field you made our job a bit more easier & saver
Nipr.[net]
+0|6774|Robins AFB, GA
Active Duty AF since 2002.  Been to the mountains and the desert...they both suck.
Possum thanks to you and the great job you guys did. To bad we couldn't have finished the job back then. Bill C.
Cronjob
+1|6754|Broomfield, Colorado
I'm a lover; not a fighter.

I was going to wrestle for the Navy and Army (whichever one decided they wanted me most), but then I was lured away by the lucrative tech industry in highschool and decided taking the offered contract in the bay area was my best option.

I think I made the best choice. I would have enjoyed the military experience (though I'm notoriously bad at tolerating authority figures and would have wound up dead or dishonorably discharged), but I really never much liked wrestling (though I was extremely good at it and, for example, never lost a single grecco match in 10 years).

My friend is going into the Army for mortuary services, which they are in severe need of. She's as smart as she is hot, so they're already trying to convince her to consider officer school (and they've said after a year of mortuary services, she'll change her mind surely).

The saddest part of all that is, again, the incredible demand for people with expertise in mortuary services. *sigh*
Well I think she would be better served if she went Air Force and here is why. It is a smaller Organization which means better treatment and resources. They want smart people. In the AF if you want to be a Policeman that is all you do where as in the Army if you are a policeman you also do motor pool work and god knows what else. After your friend gets out then think of the options she will have. People are dieing to get to her, they do not complain about the service provided and everyone will need her someday. By the way a friend of my fathers had a Funeral home and then two and continued school with military help and could do plastic Surg. Good money!!!
KtotheIMMY
+513|6780
My friends and I have this saying.... it goes, "I should have joined the Air Force"
Yep that or the Coast Guard what a life!!!
Boogie
+1|6763
Went Navy, 6 years.
boogi what did you do for the Navy?
FLaXCarnage
+1|6803|Florida
Uncles in the army over in Iraq right now.....M16s are pretty fun to shoot....like aks better though but they get really hot.
Do you know anything about the M-16 or the AK-47 as for hitting targets.
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6775|MA, USA
Yep.

Active Infantry:
A/2-14 IN, 10th MTN
Somalia 8/93-12/93
Haiti 9/94-12/94

Reserve MP:
Iraq 4/03-8/04

Lots of Vets here.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=631
KtotheIMMY
+513|6780
When I was bored at MEPS, (waiting on paperwork) back in 2001 I checked out the Coast Guard offices. It was a cubicle. The Army office kind of overflowed into the main hallway. Fun times...

KillerTroop 11th Cav Whit wrote:

Yep that or the Coast Guard what a life!!!
eatmywheaties
+2|6775
thanks to all the real vets in here for standing up when someone needed to.
We had two Coast Guardsmen on Brooks AFB in San Antonio and they had it made. They had a boat with two motors and could go to any lake in the area or go to the beach. They said they do not see a boss man but maybe one time a year. What duty to have to watch women in bathing suits all day? HMMMMM

Last edited by KillerTroop 11th Cav Whit (2005-11-17 10:46:50)

petethecheese
+9|6780|England
Contribution from the Brit contingent - 15 years Army (Infantry). Served Northern Ireland, Bosnia (Former Yugoslavia), Cyprus, Falkland Islands (not 1982 conflict, though).  Even been to the Ukraine and played with real ex-Soviet toys!  Left 2years ago, ranked Colour Sergeant (Equivelant to Gunny, I think in the US).  Get my fix on BF2 now I can't run around with a tree on my head shootin' people anymore!

Those were the days.....
Hey Pete were you Brit Army?
IvysDad
+0|6777|Jacksonville, NC
Active Duty U.S. Marine
1989-1995 Infantry (0311...congratulations you made it!)
1995-present Military Police

Operation Iraqi Freedom 1995
petethecheese
+9|6780|England

Hey Pete were you Brit Army?
Yes.  Royal Gloucestershire, Berkshire & Wiltshire Regiment (RGBW).
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6772|NH - USA
USAF - Morse Systems Operator (80's)

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/PANZER420/6924.gif
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6791|Noizyland

I'd join the NZ army, but it sucks. I mean REALLY sucks.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
PFC_Kurtz_John
+0|6795|VA
Im curently active and might go to Iraq in Aug but you know how the officers are so I not sure. Im in the 29th ID (L) i must say .. rucking sux ballz.
minersny{FU}
+0|6748

Do you know anything about the M-16 or the AK-47 as for hitting targets.
AK-47 is a good weapon, the problem is our enemy shoots from the hip, aims it around, or over walls, and basically jjust grips and rips, they are not the best trained marksman.  We on the other hand have the M16A2 and yes I think it is a good weapon, We qualify on targets up to 300 meters away, and are accurate at that range, can't speak for ak.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard