-EcS-Blade
Mr.Speakman
+153|6611|Manchester UK

Nikola Bathory wrote:

BF2142 ranks are way toooo many in number! Also, their "icons" so to say are ugly, I dont like their design
I realy like the look of the ranks but i wish they would sort out how the awards look
SiL3nC31133
+4|6710

straz_mataz wrote:

Nikola Bathory wrote:

I don't think this is such a good idea... imagine: CAMP!!! BASE CAMP! As a squad leader I order my squad to base camp, we spend the entire round inside the enemy base... and we get 400 points each!!
this is totally whats going to happen
ummmm its not really camping in 2142... because you cant go into the enemys spawn points on the titan and you cant even get onto the titan until you disable the shields first anyways... i mean if you are just sitting in the titan waiting for kills it is just a waste... because you are giving the other team more time to get to your titan... camping really isnt an issue anymore with 2142... games can be turned around way too quick...
Rumfuddle
+14|6689

Tas3674 wrote:

TwistedX wrote:

.|microphage wrote:

so..it's easier to rank up in bf2142?
Its easier rank up because there are twice as many unlocks, half of wich are common tools that we have in bf2 already.
i have never seen things like the IT-33 or the A12 enforcer sentry gun, what about the PDS 1 etc etc, in bf2.
if they do exist in bf2 please point them out to me, cause i have failed to see them. there is only a few thing that are the default for Bf2
Don't be such an ass.  He means run speed, stamina recover, grenades, "defuser", c4, etc. and you know it.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6763

GotMex? wrote:

TwistedX wrote:

.|microphage wrote:

so..it's easier to rank up in bf2142?
Its easier rank up because there are twice as many unlocks, half of wich are common tools that we have in bf2 already.
Like 4 are common tools in BF2... 4/40 ain't bad.
I think it's more than 4/40:

Simple grenades = grenades
Extra grenade = grenades (you get more than 2 in bf2 anyway)
Engineer defuser = wrench
DysTek Repair v2.0 = wrench
APM = claymore
RDX = c4
Gruber 5 stabilizer = pointless, there's no sway with sniper rifles
Advanced Med Hub = Medic class / med-pack

You could make tenuous links between some of the weapons, e.g. the Zeller-H and the M95/L96A1, or the Ganz and the PKM, the Clark 15B and the Engie-Benjy shotgun whose name escapes me.

That's up to 10 or 11 direct equivalents without looking at mines or the other guns I haven't tried yet.  Somewhat more than 4/40 but not quite half.
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6504|Doncaster - UK
Sorry, but isn't the graph wrong??

You have the last rank in 2142 at 230,000 pts, its only 57,000.   about a quarter of that!!!
the blue line should be much lower.

I think this will be the problem with the game, we are all going to be top rank very quickly.
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6344|Kyiv, Ukraine
I'll speak as a game designer on their decisions for the points system, I don't work for them* so this is just an educated guess as to why they did things the way they did.  Quite simply, you actually will  make MORE points under the BF2142 system than the BF2 system, even for doing the same things.  This was accomplished in 3 ways (maybe more, but these are the main):

(1)  The Pin System - basically, these "awards" are worth bonus points and are continuously repeatable.  These also grant you awards for being very focused in doing everything you would normally do, encouraging you to fulfill your role.  10 EXTRA points for 5 sniper headshots?  20 EXTRA points for 7 or 8 knifings?  10 EXTRA points for 10 shotgun kills?  5 extra for a kill streak of 5... This system alone evens out or even exceeds the BF2 point system for giving away candy.  This has the added effect of giving each player "mini goals" to shoot for during the game.  Focused players that pay attention will earn more.

(2)  The Ribbon/Badge system - The system itself didn't change much, just more material was added to accomodate a few game play additions from BF2.  What did change was the massive bonus points attached to acheiving each ribbon or badge.  Gaining a single silver badge almost doubles what you would have gotten in 3 to 5 hours playing time in BF2.  Add to this overlapping with the pin system and badges/ribbons with each other and you have a system where each award is just over the next hill.

(3)  Teamwork and Location Bonus - Each time you kill/revive around a flag, silo, or on either Titan you get an extra point...ergo, most of your kills (especially in Titan mode) will still be worth their 2 points even without the above systems.  This encourages you to stay focused.  Additionally, killing while following orders nets you an extra point, giving you incentive to stay focused on your job of winning for your team.

In short, team-oriented and/or goal-oriented players will earn much more much faster than in BF2.  They did indeed take away most incentives to be a Lone Wolf player just out to pad kill count randomly, but who plays BF series to be a Lone Wolf?

*pending

Last edited by GorillaTicTacs (2006-11-27 00:43:25)

Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6504|Doncaster - UK
Right, it has been a while since my last post here, so if i repeat anything sorry.

to GorillaTicTacs,
all the points you make are correct, and valid, but what i was saying, and i think the thread is saying, is that we will rank very quickly, to quickly!   Are you agreeing?

The career point system / pin points / badge bonuses, are getting me points quickly, and whilst i never expected to reach the top rank in BF2, i fully expect to get there in 2142.  And quickly.

I do like the game, and don't want them to change anything, but i think they could have spaced out the ranks a bit better.

BTW, the graph is still wrong.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard