P581
Monkey
+44|6440

xtrem3_4c3 wrote:

Easier to rank eh? Oh well i ain't playing 2142 anyway.

I need some bloody karma. Give me some, Give me some
no
xtrem3_4c3
Australian Field Operative
+29|6459|Australia. Land of ZeR0 pr0N
The question mark was used. That wasn't a statement and i couldn't see what colour represented what.

I need karma Give me some. Give me some.

Last edited by xtrem3_4c3 (2006-09-27 20:36:19)

P581
Monkey
+44|6440

xtrem3_4c3 wrote:

I need karma Give me some. Give me some.
No No No!
xtrem3_4c3
Australian Field Operative
+29|6459|Australia. Land of ZeR0 pr0N
Settle dude what is blowing your top man. Just chill.
SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6595
I think this post started with a point, not sure what it was, but pretty pictures.
I think we are done here.
Tas3674
+8|6411|Tasmania, Australia

TwistedX wrote:

Tas3674 wrote:

TwistedX wrote:

Its easier rank up because there are twice as many unlocks, half of wich are common tools that we have in bf2 already.
i have never seen things like the IT-33 or the A12 enforcer sentry gun, what about the PDS 1 etc etc, in bf2.
if they do exist in bf2 please point them out to me, cause i have failed to see them. there is only a few thing that are the default for Bf2
Nice of you to point out the that out. But i said common tools, not specific tools.
But there was nothing like that AT ALL in BF2, and half of the unlocks aren't common tools. But any way thats my opinion, so shall we leave this dicussion at that?
TwistedX
Aviator
+26|6765|Oklahoma
You dont see MED Kits, Grenades, Defibrillators, and Mines in BF2?

(note: half is an overstatment, that i didnt plan on anyone looking at the most) I shall rephrase my remark

Its easier rank up because there are twice as many unlocks, half part of wich are common tools that we have in bf2 already.
Im done...
Tas3674
+8|6411|Tasmania, Australia
I agree that part of them are common tools, the defibs advanced med hubs and ammo hubs, the mines are slightly diffrent but they are still mines.
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6513|Sammamish, WA

SGT_Dicklewicz wrote:

I think this post started with a point, not sure what it was, but pretty pictures.
hahaha...yes the point was to provide a graphical representation of the points requirements to rank-up as you progress in the game. Really, that was all.
oberst_enzian
+234|6713|melb.au
mmkay.

many ranks will make noobs happy.

'wow ma! i killed two guys, drove a jeep for three seconds before it blew up, and then a mech stepped on me, and i still ranked up three times in the same round!'

weeeeee

SGT_Dicklewicz wrote:

GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6733

TwistedX wrote:

.|microphage wrote:

so..it's easier to rank up in bf2142?
Its easier rank up because there are twice as many unlocks, half of wich are common tools that we have in bf2 already.
Like 4 are common tools in BF2... 4/40 ain't bad.
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6513|Sammamish, WA
By the way, thanks for the karma, those who gave it. Glad some of you folks found those charts useful. I'm taking requests, by the way, if anyone would like to see something else graphed.
lendll
+16|6403

First_and_Only wrote:

in Bf2142 and i believe if u kill a enemy inside the squad order radius it is 2 points same with revives etc.
Nice Dice. I think that's the way to go. TEAMWORK FTW!!
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6628|Australia

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Remember that all the point values are cut in half... kill = 1 point, kill assist = 1/2 point, revive = 1 point, etc.
HALF A POINT?? Are you serious?
P581
Monkey
+44|6440

Iron_Sentinel wrote:

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Remember that all the point values are cut in half... kill = 1 point, kill assist = 1/2 point, revive = 1 point, etc.
HALF A POINT?? Are you serious?
first rank is 1/40th of what it use to be, so I don't actually think you have much to worry about there.

Last edited by P581 (2006-09-28 05:32:54)

tool03
+5|6497|Japan Owki
Thats nice, don't have to sell your soul to get a nice pat on the back every now and then.
TwistedX
Aviator
+26|6765|Oklahoma

GotMex? wrote:

TwistedX wrote:

.|microphage wrote:

so..it's easier to rank up in bf2142?
I just went through this, you can figure it out...
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6733

TwistedX wrote:

GotMex? wrote:

TwistedX wrote:

I just went through this, you can figure it out...
I was just saying it's not half by any means. And BF2 didn't have 40 unlocks either. And no unlocks that weren't guns. You make it seem like it's a bad thing which is cool if that's your opinion, I just don't want people who haven't made up their minds think "Oooh, I have to unlock a grenade, screw bf2142".
TwistedX
Aviator
+26|6765|Oklahoma

GotMex? wrote:

I was just saying it's not half by any means. And BF2 didn't have 40 unlocks either. And no unlocks that weren't guns. You make it seem like it's a bad thing which is cool if that's your opinion, I just don't want people who haven't made up their minds think "Oooh, I have to unlock a grenade, screw bf2142".
I said i was done, im not gettin back into this. This is just going in a giant loop, i dont do that. Hopefully you get this.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6814|Bryan/College Station, TX
In the vague attempt to get back on topic which won't work for all the assholes on here here I go.

I like the progression graph. I have always thought however that the point scale should be a little higher when I saw the point ranking system of BF2142. It would then extend the life of the game to get people to work at ranking up that much harder and longer. However it's nice to rank up so quickly. Yes there is in fact unlocks (only a few never the less) that you can get to give you standard equipment you find in BF2. Like grenades or a medic revive ability. There even others that allow a supply or medic or engineer to repair/supply/heal while in a vehicle. Those are unlocks and are not standard. For all you snipers you have to unlock certain items to even get a steady shooting sniper rifle. There are rather nice gun unlocks that are made for certain classes. EMP grenades, EMP Mines and Homing mines are all unlocks.

THE POINT OF THE GAME?

To unlock items according to YOUR playing style. If you want to kill kill kill then don't unlock anything that will help anyone in the squad. Of course you will completely useless to everyone in the squad so you better hope they don't mind. Or just go lonewolf like you will probably do anyways. If you want to do nothing but blow up vehicles then go that route. Be an ubermedic then once again you can shoot. If you want to do nothing but be a sniper then go up that tech tree.

Points are muted. They are less than you get in BF2. They are less in all aspects. You get MORE points by doing special tasks and getting combat badges in each round. If you follow squad orders you get bonuses for taking out people inside capture areas. If you heal alot of squad mates in one round you get a bonus badge that gives you more points. If you kill 5 guys in a row without dying you get a combat badge for yet more bonus points.

The key here is teamwork. If you work as a team and you work as a squad you will get more bonus points than anyone else NOT working as a squad.

So please be lonewolf all you want. Just expect to see your score pretty damn low in comparison to the rest of the team.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6757|Bulgaria
BF2142 ranks are way toooo many in number! Also, their "icons" so to say are ugly, I dont like their design
voltage
+46|6811|Sweden

First_and_Only wrote:

, in Bf2142 and i believe if u kill a enemy inside the squad order radius it is 2 points same with revives etc.
>_<  That's what I want in BF2! Must google the score system immediately.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6757|Bulgaria
I don't think this is such a good idea... imagine: CAMP!!! BASE CAMP! As a squad leader I order my squad to base camp, we spend the entire round inside the enemy base... and we get 400 points each!!
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6505|Edmonton Alberta

Nikola Bathory wrote:

I don't think this is such a good idea... imagine: CAMP!!! BASE CAMP! As a squad leader I order my squad to base camp, we spend the entire round inside the enemy base... and we get 400 points each!!
this is totally whats going to happen
SiL3nC31133
+4|6710
the entire basis of the game is to try to encourage teamwork... sure you might get less points for say just killin joe schmo... but if you kill joe schmo while capping a flag or defending/attacking titan... then you get a bonus... you would be surprised how many points you can get if your squad beacon is on their titan... fighting on the titan is like nothing else... lotsa people to kill and not a lot of space to do it in = lotsa points

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard