[UTQ]_Ausch88
Banned
+23|6496

lowing wrote:

[UTQ]_Ausch88 wrote:

lowing wrote:

The Jes might have "CRIED" over the Passion......But how many embassies or murders or riots occured because of it??
nah they are unable to burn an embassy or kill anyone except palestinian kids throwing stones at them.
I guess the lesson there is...........don't throw fuckin rocks at soldiers with fuckin guns. I am sure AESOP covered that one in a fable somewhere.
its called resistance

not every people are ready to accept occupation and oppression .. they will RESIST.. the will FIGHT BACK

unlike your kind .. like we all saw during WW2
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6732|Uhh... erm...

lowing wrote:

Then how about a sign from the Muslim community that they will no longer stand for the pervertion of their religion? Why will they not stand against terrorism and violence in force, with the same zeal they showed over those cartoons or the Popes speach? Obviously they have the numbers to do so.

I have asked this quite a few times yet it is always ignored.
Hmm. You raise a fine point. Well, like I said in another thread, the ones with the zeal only look at the wrongs you guys commit, which somehow make their wrongs not seem so wrong.

But not all of us have that zeal. Muslim leaders and imams who have truly studied the Quran and Hadis of Muhammad know better. We graciously accept offers to talk regarding all the shtuff going on, we gladly work with Christian leaders to help bridge the gap we've placed between both sides during the years past.

Now we can only hope the rift isn't too wide.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida
I'd like to go out into the rural south USA and show everyone a severed head of jesus.  What a lovely thing that would be.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6551|Southeastern USA

[UTQ]_Ausch88 wrote:

cricket cricket
Korpen
+6|6421
Any extremist is danger regardless of what their political/religious afiliation is. People always blame their actions or find reasons for doing something(i.e. religion, money, other people, etc).

Last edited by Korpen (2006-09-29 18:23:35)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

oug wrote:

lowing wrote:

Then how about a sign from the Muslim community that they will no longer stand for the pervertion of their religion? Why will they not stand against terrorism and violence in force, with the same zeal they showed over those cartoons or the Popes speech? Obviously they have the numbers to do so.

Why will they not stand against terrorism? But they are. The difference lies in the definition of the word.

You see, what I call terrorism is what the Israeli government is doing to the Palestinians. Driving them out of their homes by force, building settlements into their land, creating checkpoints, stealing their properties etc etc.

The Palestinians are standing against the Israeli state sponsored terrorism in the most fierce of ways. They are willing to commit suicide for their cause. It is what you selectively call terrorism, suicide bombers. Obviously, you cannot, or do not want to, acknowledge the desperation behind this act and investigate the reasons that have lead to this extreme action. 

Also, the most extreme perversion of religion comes from GWB, but of course all of the above is cleverly downplayed by those of the same opinion as you. In essence, the west is guilty of almost everything they're accusing the muslims for, and thus your question is directed back at you. When will we stand against our own aggression and violence...?
The VERY SECOND, our govt. purposely targets civilians, and civilian populated areas that isn't a haven for terrorist hideouts, the SECOND America celebrates the mutilation of human beings in the streets and hang them from a bridge or drag them behind a car, the SECOND America fights from and hides among and uses civilians as shields from attacks, the SECOND we call for the end of Islam and the destruction of ALL Islamic nations, the SECOND we behead innocent civilian on TV, the SECOND we engage in world wide riots and murder to stifle free speech, ONLY THEN might you have an argument. NOT ONE SECOND BEFORE.

You are simply being the classic liberal apologist, justifying and rationalizing this behavior. I expect nothing less from you.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

lowing wrote:

3 years ago there was no Muslim uprising over something as stupid as cartoons. It is simply a sign of change of attitude toward Muslims and the fear that they are now generating through there recent behavior. So yes I blame the Muslims.
How clearly do I have to put this?

When the cartoons were made, people protested immediately.

When the pope made statements which some found insulting, people protested immediately.

Why, then, do you suppose they would wait three years to protest this opera?
How clearly DO I HAVE to put this bubbalo??..........The cartoon shit wasn't a protest, it was riotous, murderous and arson.

I dunno bubbalo, how long was it between cartoon riots???
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Tetrino wrote:

lowing wrote:

Then how about a sign from the Muslim community that they will no longer stand for the pervertion of their religion? Why will they not stand against terrorism and violence in force, with the same zeal they showed over those cartoons or the Popes speach? Obviously they have the numbers to do so.

Hmm. You raise a fine point. Well, like I said in another thread, the ones with the zeal only look at the wrongs you guys commit, which somehow make their wrongs not seem so wrong.

But not all of us have that zeal. Muslim leaders and imams who have truly studied the Quran and Hadis of Muhammad know better. We graciously accept offers to talk regarding all the shtuff going on, we gladly work with Christian leaders to help bridge the gap we've placed between both sides during the years past.

Now we can only hope the rift isn't too wide.
Well someone tried to compare the KKK to main stream Christianity.......The KKK gets shut down at just about every rally they have, by far greater numbers of Christians that think they are nuts. If they were not drown out by more main stream Christians, everyone would think all Christians felt the way the KKK does.

I expect the Muslim communities to do the same damn thing. It is their silence that labels them as supporters of such radical movements. Like I said before they have proven themselves as a people that can create change. Only problem is............They are trying to change EVERONE but the terrorists.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

[UTQ]_Ausch88 wrote:

lowing wrote:

[UTQ]_Ausch88 wrote:

nah they are unable to burn an embassy or kill anyone except palestinian kids throwing stones at them.
I guess the lesson there is...........don't throw fuckin rocks at soldiers with fuckin guns. I am sure AESOP covered that one in a fable somewhere.
its called resistance

not every people are ready to accept occupation and oppression .. they will RESIST.. the will FIGHT BACK

Yeah yer right....... Those Israelis sure can put up one hellova a resistance to oppression for sure.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Spearhead wrote:

I'd like to go out into the rural south USA and show everyone a severed head of jesus.  What a lovely thing that would be.
Do you honestly think that Americans world wide would burn down embassies and mutalate and murder over it??
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

[UTQ]_Ausch88 wrote:

lowing wrote:

[UTQ]_Ausch88 wrote:

its called resistance

I understand your point on the resistance thing...but ya lost me on the "unlike your kind .. like we all saw during WW2"
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
that kinda lost me too
Rosse_modest
+76|6777|Antwerp, Flanders

lowing wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

lowing wrote:

3 years ago there was no Muslim uprising over something as stupid as cartoons. It is simply a sign of change of attitude toward Muslims and the fear that they are now generating through there recent behavior. So yes I blame the Muslims.

When the pope made statements which some found insulting, people protested immediately.

How clearly DO I HAVE to put this bubbalo??..........The cartoon shit wasn't a protest, it was riotous, murderous and arson.
As much as I'd hate to agree with lowing, he's kinda right here.
Rosse_modest
+76|6777|Antwerp, Flanders

kr@cker wrote:

that kinda lost me too
Yeah, for starters, what kind is he?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Rosse_modest wrote:

lowing wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

As much as I'd hate to agree with lowing, he's kinda right here.
LOL, I know it had to be painful, but thanks...+1 for your stomach cramps and nausea
starman7
+15|6726
As for "Passion of the Christ", that specifically denigrated Jews, and Mel is an anti-Semite anyways.  I don't see how showing the head of Mohammed denigrates Islam.  And it's not like tens of thousands of Jews went, rioted, and burned Mel Gibson's house to the ground, unlike those precious Muslims who definitely didn't riot en-masse and attack embassies.
[UTQ]_Ausch88
Banned
+23|6496

lowing wrote:

[UTQ]_Ausch88 wrote:

lowing wrote:

its called resistance

I understand your point on the resistance thing...but ya lost me on the "unlike your kind .. like we all saw during WW2"
forget it, i don't even understand it myself
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557
I say 'enough' quite often. Usually in sentences explaining that I feel that I have been given a sufficient quantity of what I'm meant to be receiving or have recently requested.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6655

starman7 wrote:

As for "Passion of the Christ", that specifically denigrated Jews, and Mel is an anti-Semite anyways.  I don't see how showing the head of Mohammed denigrates Islam.  And it's not like tens of thousands of Jews went, rioted, and burned Mel Gibson's house to the ground, unlike those precious Muslims who definitely didn't riot en-masse and attack embassies.
So here in the UK where we have a multicultural society, how much murder, arson and riots did the cartoons cause?  None.  A few nasty chants and slogans.  And condemnation from the bulk of the Muslim community against those who did use slogans a little over the line. 

Where you saw violence was in areas where serious problems already existed, problems which are still being ignored by certain people because it's easier to assign all blame to the religion of Islam itself.
Korpen
+6|6421
"Where you saw violence was in areas where serious problems already existed, problems which are still being ignored by certain people because it's easier to assign all blame to the religion of Islam itself."
Exactly. Thank you UnOriginal for your sense of logic.

Last edited by Korpen (2006-09-30 12:49:18)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

starman7 wrote:

So here in the UK where we have a multicultural society, how much murder, arson and riots did the cartoons cause?  None.  A few nasty chants and slogans.  And condemnation from the bulk of the Muslim community against those who did use slogans a little over the line. 

Where you saw violence was in areas where serious problems already existed, problems which are still being ignored by certain people because it's easier to assign all blame to the religion of Islam itself.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10705393/
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11300953/site/newsweek/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jyllands-P … ontroversy
http://blog.newspaperindex.com/2005/12/ … en-racism/
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/religion … 02-02.html
http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/blog/ … t_and.html
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

kr@cker wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

starman7 wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10705393/
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11300953/site/newsweek/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jyllands-P … ontroversy
http://blog.newspaperindex.com/2005/12/ … en-racism/
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/religion … 02-02.html
http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/blog/ … t_and.html
How do those links address the point raised in the previous few posts?

If anything the links you posted reinforce Unoriginalnuttahs point. Trouble in Kabul, Kashmir, Gaza etc. none of those places have any serious problems do they?

Last edited by Bertster7 (2006-09-30 13:24:58)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
didn't one of them cover the gunmen breaking into the publishing offices and people (in europe) being beaten? I'll double check them and post a link on that if I can
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

kr@cker wrote:

didn't one of them cover the gunmen breaking into the publishing offices and people (in europe) being beaten? I'll double check them and post a link on that if I can
Nope.

European offices were attacked, but not ones in Europe. Other places your links mention violence happening include; The West Bank, Nablus, Damascus, Beirut, Tehran (government approved), Qalat, Maymana, Peshawar and North Waziristan.

Many of these places are (or have recently been) under Sharia law. Under Sharia law any insult to Muhammed is punishable by death - considering that the response is not totally incomprehensible. It is however totally irrational and completely inexcusable.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2006-09-30 13:51:02)

Baron_von_Kondas
Ok! Try smelling this banana!!!
+74|6493|There?

Savage Trayloc wrote:

Muslims are the problem and they should be wiped from existence period....
WOW!! You are one disturbed Motherf*****

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard