PRiMACORD
+190|6626|Home of the Escalade Herds
You know lowing, you don't need our approval to hate Muslims. Just stop bringing these dumbass reasons to the forum.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
(warning - unsourced, anecdotal information following, so dont quote me on this.)

I heard recently that if you show the Muslim population what the jihaddists REALLY wanted to do to them, then all support would drop. Right now, they have support becuase of (according to your NIE, anyway) Iraq, Anger over American intrasigence/intervention, and poor social/economic conditions (which they also blame on America, somehow).
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

PRiMACORD wrote:

You know lowing, you don't need our approval to hate Muslims. Just stop bringing these dumbass reasons to the forum.
I listed a truck load of reasons why I don't like the Muslim faith, and unless you are going to tell me that you APPROVE or like ANYONE of those reasons, I willl assume they are not "dumbass" reasons. Please list the reasons I dislike that you approve.

The main problem I have is the over welming voice the pissed off Muslim religion has, yet you never heard that voice denounce terrorism or the pervertion of their religion by radicals......Only about the Pope, America, and cartoons.
BVC
+325|6697
Controvertial, thought-provoking arts are part of western society.  Be it in music, sculpture or comedy, if there is a statement to be made, nothing is scared, not even the fundamental.  The western way is to protest, yes, but it is not to go calling for an artists death, or to murder newspaper editors every time we disagree with them.  For the opera to roll over like that, its to allow themselves to be bullied.  And really, who wants to do that?  You know it won't stop at a simple opera.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6521|Πάϊ

lowing wrote:

oug wrote:

Overlooking entire military campaigns to focus on stupid operas. When do YOU say enough?
Painfully obvious..........you missed the point.
Orly? How's so? Like I said it's sad and disappointing that in the year 2006 people still rely on their beliefs rather than what they know for a fact through the scientific path. Regardless of their particular religion that is...

As far as the Muslims go, I think they are many years behind in matters such as this, and their reactions to comics and plays is a reminder of their stupidity. Compared to them, the western world can at least say they have acquired a sense of humor regarding their god. Other than that though, when it comes to serious matters of contestation I think all religious people are the same in their implacability.

Thus dear lowing, what is important in the end is the way each party goes about its business. The westerners invade countries and the Muslims protest about the content of plays, burn flags and kill nuns. In BF2 terms its artillery vs Spec-Ops' C4 suicide run.

It is your choice to focus on petty things that I openly mock. Whether you see it or not, is not my concern so long as others understand.
ƒ³
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6703|New York
Not to worry about the pope, the Turkish PM (you know Some of the most barbaric peoples in history) says HE is going to set the pope straight on this. WOW watch out pope.

Anyways, this is an interesting debate. I have nothing to add at this time.

Last edited by <[onex]>Headstone (2006-09-28 05:45:11)

JahManRed
wank
+646|6629|IRELAND

lowing wrote:

I listed a truck load of reasons why I don't like the Muslim faith, and unless you are going to tell me that you APPROVE or like ANYONE of those reasons, I willl assume they are not "dumbass" reasons. Please list the reasons I dislike that you approve.

The main problem I have is the over welming voice the pissed off Muslim religion has, yet you never heard that voice denounce terrorism or the pervertion of their religion by radicals......Only about the Pope, America, and cartoons.
lowing you don't like all Muslims because of the faith they choose or were born into. Why? because a tinny fraction of 1.2billion ppl are loud and vocal about their beliefs especially when they see constant images of fellow Innocent Muslims being butchered in the middle east. An even smaller fraction wages Jihad? Yes its mainly Muslim insurgents doing the majority of the killing, but in the view of most Muslims (and increasingly more Christians) that the insurgency wouldn't be there if their wasn't an unjust war going on.
Do you hate all Christians because of the KKK's extreme Christian views or because end timers are fucking up Africa even more? Again a minority of Christians a minority of Muslims. The only general difference is skin colour and geographical location. So why is a whole religion deionized when all the others have radical sects within them too? Basically because the sects from other religions have nothing to shout about ATM. Christians aren't  getting killed by the hundred every day.
[UTQ]_Ausch88
Banned
+23|6496

lowing wrote:

[UTQ]_Ausch88 wrote:

lowing wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/09/27/berlin.opera.ap/index.html

Where exactly does it end, and what does this have to with the US in Iraq as the reason for fearing Muslim retaliation on the world...Seems to me, that Islam is a threat to the world, NOT just those that support the US and Israel.
seeing how the jewish community cried about the movie of mel Gibson passion of the christ, i see that they have every right to cry about an opera about the head of their prophet.

They are all religious freaks.. on both side.

stop all support to middle eastern countries including ISRAEL.. get out of IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN

let them fight their religious war alone
The Jes might have "CRIED" over the Passion......But how many embassies or murders or riots occured because of it??
nah they are unable to burn an embassy or kill anyone except palestinian kids throwing stones at them.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6551|Southeastern USA

jonsimon wrote:

Some pussies running an opera stop showing the opera because they're afraid. And this is Islam's fault how? The opera should grow some balls.
it does have something to do with Islam's short fuse reputation, after all, they did protest cartoons that depicted Islam in a violent light by the ever so peaceful method of breaking into the publisher's office armed to the teeth and forcing them at gunpoint to drop the toons, but you do have a point, that's why I said earlier that it's partially the theater company's fault for caving in
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6737|Salt Lake City

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

JaMDuDe wrote:

Buddhism doesnt seem like too much of a threat to me. Is it reallly threatening you that much? Islam is the only religion with huge numbers of radicals.
While Buddhism is technically a religion, I see it more as a group of spiritualists that some dogmatic religion.  So yes, I do see all dogmatic religion as a major threat to the continued existence of the human species.
Oh, come on. Asteroids, disease and other catalysts of mass extinction are threats to our existence.
Did I say the ONLY THREAT?  I said it was a major threat, and it is.  Disease is something that has always been around, and always will be.  It doesn't attack because of a belief system, and it is something we can identify and possibly cure, or least determine how to prevent its spread.  Asteroids also have no agenda.  They are chunks of rock flying through space.  There have been many large impacts to this planet in the past, and many small ones to this day.  There may come a day when an asteroid large enough to destroy most of this planet's life will hit us again, but it didn't do it because of an agenda or out of revenge due to a belief system of a god figure that can't even be proved to exist.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

JahManRed wrote:

lowing wrote:

lowing you don't like all Muslims because of the faith they choose or were born into. Why? because a tinny fraction of 1.2billion ppl are loud and vocal about their beliefs especially when they see constant images of fellow Innocent Muslims being butchered in the middle east. An even smaller fraction wages Jihad? Yes its mainly Muslim insurgents doing the majority of the killing, but in the view of most Muslims (and increasingly more Christians) that the insurgency wouldn't be there if their wasn't an unjust war going on.
Do you hate all Christians because of the KKK's extreme Christian views or because end timers are fucking up Africa even more? Again a minority of Christians a minority of Muslims. The only general difference is skin colour and geographical location. So why is a whole religion deionized when all the others have radical sects within them too? Basically because the sects from other religions have nothing to shout about ATM. Christians aren't  getting killed by the hundred every day.
Bad example............Have you ever seen the COUNTER demonstrations that drown out the majority of KKK rallies??

I don't give two flying fucks what anyone believes or their skin color....I am not much on religion of any kind. I am HUGE on not killing people in the name of whatever fuckin' shithead religion you follow.

Like I said before , my problem lies with the fact that you can't swing a dead cat without hitting some Muslim in a riot when cartoons or words are spoken that they don't like because they are offended, so naturally they have to burn down some shit or kill someone on TV. BUt they are NOT to be found when it come to protesting the perversion of their religion, by radicals I beleive the reason for this is because they actually support it.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

[UTQ]_Ausch88 wrote:

lowing wrote:

[UTQ]_Ausch88 wrote:

seeing how the jewish community cried about the movie of mel Gibson passion of the christ, i see that they have every right to cry about an opera about the head of their prophet.

They are all religious freaks.. on both side.

stop all support to middle eastern countries including ISRAEL.. get out of IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN

let them fight their religious war alone
The Jes might have "CRIED" over the Passion......But how many embassies or murders or riots occured because of it??
nah they are unable to burn an embassy or kill anyone except palestinian kids throwing stones at them.
I guess the lesson there is...........don't throw fuckin rocks at soldiers with fuckin guns. I am sure AESOP covered that one in a fable somewhere.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

lowing wrote:

[UTQ]_Ausch88 wrote:

lowing wrote:

I guess the lesson there is...........don't throw fuckin rocks at soldiers with fuckin guns. I am sure AESOP covered that one in a fable somewhere.
The Nobel Prize of Peace goes to...

Last edited by sergeriver (2006-09-28 18:35:52)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

jonsimon wrote:

Some pussies running an opera stop showing the opera because they're afraid. And this is Islam's fault how? The opera should grow some balls.
I think the owners of the opera might have some balls. But it is hard to defend against a SUCKER PUNCH.

Terrorists never fight toe to toe.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

[UTQ]_Ausch88 wrote:

No thanks..........They gave one to Jimmy Carter, that alone means they are not worth a damn.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

No thanks..........They gave one to Jimmy Carter, that alone means they are not worth a damn.
Why, he didn't deserve it?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Giving a nobel prize to a terrorist like yassar arafat or an apologist like Jimmy Carter pretty much waters down any significance of the award.

Jimmy Carter: the father of the modern liberal apologist movement.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

Giving a nobel prize to a terrorist like yassar arafat or an apologist like Jimmy Carter pretty much waters down any significance of the award.

Right the Nobel Prize of Peace is awarded to a person because of his performance as President of the US, not for the charity he does everyday.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Right the Nobel Prize of Peace is awarded to a person because of his performance as President of the US, not for the charity he does everyday.
I never mentioned anything about his presidency.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6563

lowing wrote:

They made it clear due to RECENT events of the cartoon riots and the Pope comments, they were fearful of retaliation. Clearly the Muslim community has made it clear they have zero tolerance for such things lately.
You seem to miss the point:

The Opera has been going on for three years without incident, and is now being called off, and you blame it on the Muslims.  Yet they have done nothing to threaten the Opera, or those involved.
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6732|Uhh... erm...
The reason the Jews don't kill anyone is because they lack the guts to do it.

....I kid, I kid. You can put the guns away now. Please?

As far as I'm concerned, extremists are no longer a part of Islam. They are considered 'murtad' when they kill themselves, not 'syahid'. When you say Muslims will kill you all, do you mean I will be among the ones killing? I don't fancy myself running into battle when the opponent has M1A2 Abrams tanks.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Bubbalo wrote:

lowing wrote:

They made it clear due to RECENT events of the cartoon riots and the Pope comments, they were fearful of retaliation. Clearly the Muslim community has made it clear they have zero tolerance for such things lately.
You seem to miss the point:

The Opera has been going on for three years without incident, and is now being called off, and you blame it on the Muslims.  Yet they have done nothing to threaten the Opera, or those involved.
3 years ago there was no Muslim uprising over something as stupid as cartoons. It is simply a sign of change of attitude toward Muslims and the fear that they are now generating through there recent behavior. So yes I blame the Muslims.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Tetrino wrote:

The reason the Jews don't kill anyone is because they lack the guts to do it.

....I kid, I kid. You can put the guns away now. Please?

As far as I'm concerned, extremists are no longer a part of Islam. They are considered 'murtad' when they kill themselves, not 'syahid'. When you say Muslims will kill you all, do you mean I will be among the ones killing? I don't fancy myself running into battle when the opponent has M1A2 Abrams tanks.
Then how about a sign from the Muslim community that they will no longer stand for the pervertion of their religion? Why will they not stand against terrorism and violence in force, with the same zeal they showed over those cartoons or the Popes speach? Obviously they have the numbers to do so.

I have asked this quite a few times yet it is always ignored.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6521|Πάϊ

lowing wrote:

Then how about a sign from the Muslim community that they will no longer stand for the pervertion of their religion? Why will they not stand against terrorism and violence in force, with the same zeal they showed over those cartoons or the Popes speach? Obviously they have the numbers to do so.

I have asked this quite a few times yet it is always ignored.
Why will they not stand against terrorism? But they are. The difference lies in the definition of the word.

You see, what I call terrorism is what the Israeli government is doing to the Palestinians. Driving them out of their homes by force, building settlements into their land, creating checkpoints, stealing their properties etc etc.

The Palestinians are standing against the Israeli state sponsored terrorism in the most fierce of ways. They are willing to commit suicide for their cause. It is what you selectively call terrorism, suicide bombers. Obviously, you cannot, or do not want to, acknowledge the desperation behind this act and investigate the reasons that have lead to this extreme action. 

Also, the most extreme perversion of religion comes from GWB, but of course all of the above is cleverly downplayed by those of the same opinion as you. In essence, the west is guilty of almost everything they're accusing the muslims for, and thus your question is directed back at you. When will we stand against our own aggression and violence...?
ƒ³
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6563

lowing wrote:

3 years ago there was no Muslim uprising over something as stupid as cartoons. It is simply a sign of change of attitude toward Muslims and the fear that they are now generating through there recent behavior. So yes I blame the Muslims.
How clearly do I have to put this?

When the cartoons were made, people protested immediately.

When the pope made statements which some found insulting, people protested immediately.

Why, then, do you suppose they would wait three years to protest this opera?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard