lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/09 … index.html

Where exactly does it end, and what does this have to with the US in Iraq as the reason for fearing Muslim retaliation on the world...Seems to me, that Islam is a threat to the world, NOT just those that support the US and Israel.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6515|Πάϊ
Overlooking entire military campaigns to focus on stupid operas. When do YOU say enough?
ƒ³
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6697|New York
This should be WHEN:  http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic … E_ID=45571

Read between the lines of this one and you will see how they are trying to stop the backlash that is shure to follow this action they are taking. I mean, Theres 1.6-2 million Muslims out of 60 million People in the UK. You cant tell me the other 58 million support this. When will they take back there our rights as equal citizens of there country?

And HERE!!:   http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ … gb.01.html

This comes from Our liberal Press. When something gets Our liberal Press up in arms, You know its a bad idea.

Last edited by <[onex]>Headstone (2006-09-27 04:14:34)

<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6697|New York

oug wrote:

Overlooking entire military campaigns to focus on stupid operas. When do YOU say enough?
Makes me sad I have land and family in Greece.  Really does. But they sure call enough asking for money. Humph.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6515|Πάϊ

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Oug you're stupid. Why don't you burry yourself ass up so I can have a place to park my bike.
Makes me sad you're still allowed to post in Debate & Serious thread.
Makes me sad you have a family.
Makes me sad you have land in Greece.
Makes me sad you exist.
ƒ³
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6557
You notice how nobody demanded them to stop it in the three years it's been running?  And yet you blame Muslims?
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6515|Πάϊ
and headstone ffs enough with the personal attacks. You got sth to say spit it out. You disagree with me? Say why or stfu.
ƒ³
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6697|New York

oug wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Oug you're stupid. Why don't you burry yourself ass up so I can have a place to park my bike.
Makes me sad you're still allowed to post in Debate & Serious thread.
Makes me sad you have a family.
Makes me sad you have land in Greece.
Makes me sad you exist.
Sorry bout that one, Was a bad day with very bad news from the doctor. Didnt remember it or would have deleted it.
Personal attacks? FFS man, or Kid, take your pick, That example of yours is far more childish than any vague remark i could ever write. What burns my ass is that Before 9-11(not before Iraq, Friends and FAmily in Greece were Pro american.) But for petty reasons, you now have superficial hate for americans no matter there position on our governments doings in the world. Thats my problem with you Bud. Nothing more nothing less. Didnt expect that kind of crap from a fellow countryman and wont allow it.

What i wrote in this thread  was nowhere near personal as you might want to believe, but that dribble you wrote is borderline Phycotic. Thanks for making my point.

Last edited by <[onex]>Headstone (2006-09-27 04:36:07)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6753|Argentina

lowing wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/09/27/berlin.opera.ap/index.html

Where exactly does it end, and what does this have to with the US in Iraq as the reason for fearing Muslim retaliation on the world...Seems to me, that Islam is a threat to the world, NOT just those that support the US and Israel.
Lowing, I don't say this for this post in particular but for a lot of your posts, get the American Idiot CD from Green Day (I'm not calling you idiot, it's the album name) and listen the first song.
--->[Your]Phobia<---
+35|6752|UK - England

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

Lowing, I don't say this for this post in particular but for a lot of your posts, get the American Idiot CD from Green Day (I'm not calling you idiot, it's the album name) and listen the first song.
lol + 1, on the other hand im calling lowing an idiot.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6697|New York

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

Ive got the album, I like it, But i dont put alot of stock in Celebrities views. mainly because they have an unfair advantage when it comes to pushing there agenda because of there status. Kind of like the Dixie Chicks.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6753|Argentina

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

Ive got the album, I like it, But i dont put alot of stock in Celebrities views. mainly because they have an unfair advantage when it comes to pushing there agenda because of there status. Kind of like the Dixie Chicks.
I don't do that with B.J. Armstrong's views.  I just think the lyrics are perfect to describe the paranoia installed in this forum m8.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6557
Hey, Headstone, how about you just stop calling people names and not saying why they're wrong?  Or is that a bit too hard?  Maybe you could go to the local kindergarten and ask for help.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6697|New York

Bubbalo wrote:

Hey, Headstone, how about you just stop calling people names and not saying why they're wrong?  Or is that a bit too hard?  Maybe you could go to the local kindergarten and ask for help.
THAT was Quite good Buddy. Did you sit and ponder that response all day long? What in the hell did i do to you today to deserve that Kiddo? Enlighten me please.

I came to this country when i was 6 years old, My father and mother had nothing but $150 to there name, We lived with my Ya YA for 4 years. I went to school my first year and I Learned English In my first year. I didnt protest anything, my father worked ungodly jobs until he had saved enough to open his own glass shop, and i do Not have duel citizenship. Im proud to be where i am, and It Erks the hell out of me to be Judged by a fellow Native countryman like that. The views he expresses are so slanted towards ALl americans, and he doesnt give anyone the benefit of the doubt. You on the other hand, I thought a bit higher of you, but after the last comment, i see your right up there with the rest of the slanderers. You Asked me one day to debate with you, yet you spew your garbage as stated in your last posting. Thanks for the heads up. Ill try to remember that the next time i respond to you. Ill respond in kind next time.
midnitebassist
Countersniper
+11|6525|here
On an on topic note, It's examples like the one posted that just shows me to believe the terrorists have won.  A terrorist's job is to instill fear in others for his cause, and frankly, pulling an opera by one of the most brilliant composers I've had the honor to listen to shows me that yeah, they've scared us.  They're winning.

This is why I haven't changed since 9/11.  I still walk around the same way I used to, same stupid smile on my face, cracking jokes about everything.  They do not scare me.  At all.  In my own personal battle, I've won.  Now if only the rest of the goddam world would follow that example.

And I know people are either going to point out stuff wrong with my arguement, or flame the hell out of me, but I don't really care.  In my mind, I'm winning this war.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6731|Salt Lake City

lowing wrote:

...Seems to me, that Islam RELIGION is a threat to the world, NOT just those that support the US and Israel.
Just making a small correction.

Last edited by Agent_Dung_Bomb (2006-09-27 07:05:09)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6545|Southeastern USA
The stance of Germany's Interior Minister and Turkish community leader were rather encouraging, I don't know how Germany sees the whole freedom of speech thing, but I see alot of people seem to think they have a right not to be offended, limp bastards.
JaMDuDe
+69|6773

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

lowing wrote:

...Seems to me, that Islam RELIGION is a threat to the world, NOT just those that support the US and Israel.
Buddhism doesnt seem like too much of a threat to me. Is it reallly threatening you that much? Islam is the only religion with huge numbers of radicals.
[UTQ]_Ausch88
Banned
+23|6490

lowing wrote:

seeing how the jewish community cried about the movie of mel Gibson passion of the christ, i see that they have every right to cry about an opera about the head of their prophet.

They are all religious freaks.. on both side.

stop all support to middle eastern countries including ISRAEL.. get out of IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN

let them fight their religious war alone
Savage Trayloc
+2|6425
You know what I'm tired of these goddamn Muslims period.  Religion is false no matter what you think.  In history it has been the generating factor to start wars and kill people in the name of GOD.  Some figure, some puttz  who has the almighty power to see everything you do, up in the "heavens" and has the knowledge to know what exactly you are thinking.  Bullshit, all i ever saw religion do is cause pain.  Hey you, yeah you we are a peaceful people and if you believe in another religion or mock ours you will be beheaded.  And when they behead you they don't lop your head off with a sword oh noes.  They straight up use a combat knife with a serrated edge and they take about a minute to cut your head off as you scream a gargling death the whole time.  It's the most horrific thing I've ever seen and i would not wish it on my worst enemies.  Muslims are the problem and they should be wiped from existence period....
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6545|Southeastern USA
they can not spend money on the opera if they want, but to whine enough to shut it down is ridiculous, more the fault to the director than the muslims, though. The passion of the christ was actually a very good movie, great photography, costumes, fairly accurate representation of the quality of life at the time, there's a catch to it if you really pay attention though concerning the real focal point of the movie. Brownie points if you know what it is. Not sure if Gibson intended it. Oh, and a chick shaved her eyebrows to play satan if I remember correctly.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6731|Salt Lake City

JaMDuDe wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

lowing wrote:

Buddhism doesnt seem like too much of a threat to me. Is it reallly threatening you that much? Islam is the only religion with huge numbers of radicals.
While Buddhism is technically a religion, I see it more as a group of spiritualists that some dogmatic religion.  So yes, I do see all dogmatic religion as a major threat to the continued existence of the human species.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6825

Jaded wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

lowing wrote:

Buddhism doesn't seem like too much of a threat to me. Is it really threatening you that much? Islam is the only religion with huge numbers of radicals.
The Buddhists are just waiting for the right time to strike....

Seriously. They should put the opera on. Most Muslims won't give a flying s**t that it's on. The few that think the idea of the opera going ahead is a problem should think about emigrating. If free speack isn't free then what's the point.

I remember when those cartoons came out there were groups of British Muslims that went around campaigning for the cartoons to be published. Remember Muslims = good. Crazy Muslims = bad.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6649
I never say "enough" of freedom of religion.  Perhaps you missed the paragraph which says "It is not only Muslims who have been offended by depictions of religion in art".  I don't really care if people want to claim they are trying to avoid stirring up tension, because if are unwilling to put themselves in the firing line for their art then what they have to say is not worth hearing anyway. 

And when businesses pull the plug on a cartoon/play/film which might cause offence, you always know the real reason is they are scared that the bad publicity will affect their bottom line, nothing else.  Businesses don't care who gets fucked over or upset as long as they can profit from it. 

People can hold demonstrations against passion this and da vinci that, but just because they protest with demands that may infringe on others rights, doesn't mean that people have to do anything about it.  If someone organised a protest saying that all people of denomination xyz shouldn't be forced to pay taxes, doesn't mean that it's fair or reasonable.  I've been to anti-car protests that turned into riots, but there are still fucking cars everywhere. 

The media is trying to make people scared of Muslims because it sells papers and keeps the viewer figures for the news up.  It's not surprising that some foolish theatre house actually believes they are responsible if people die at a protest against a production they put on.  The media is in a win-win situation, they over-cover any protests by Muslims and spin it out as highly dangerous, and they jump on it as Muslims breaching freedom of speech when cowards decide their art isn't worth standing up for. 

I say "ENOUGH" media hype, "ENOUGH" acting like Muslims are criminals simply because of their religion, and "ENOUGH" to lowing's hatred of human rights.

Savage Trayloc wrote:

Muslims are the problem and they should be wiped from existence period....
Yeah, we hear that all the time on these forums.  I find it just as offensive as if someone had said "dirty Jewes, I wish Hitler had finished the job".
BVC
+325|6691
Bottom line: If you don't like the way we do things in the west....GO HOME.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard