[[[@lph@]]]_Templar
+20|6448|UK
Why is 2142 being released 3 days earlier then in Europe? Won't this create an unfair advantage to start off with between people who live in the US and the rest of the world? I know EA is an American company, but the part of DICE which made 2142 is from Europe.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6569|Florida
unfair advantage for 3 days?
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6571|England
To be honest m8 i havent got a clue but from what my m8 tells me the demo is out next Tuesday and he wasnt wrong about the time/date for the 1.4 patch (works in the gaming industry)
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6674|The Lou
Wow, someone doesnt like america, if you guys got it earlier, i wouldnt give 2 shits.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6686|The Ville
shipping man. Think about it that's a lot of copies. If you that worried about being number 1 pick up another hobby becuase if you play it you won't have a life.
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6571|England

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

unfair advantage for 3 days?
For people who care about being top of leaderboard's its is 3 days = lots of time to get those stats going if you play hours a day like Firestorm used to.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6697|Antarctica
EA loves creating unfair advantages... how else is Indian Scout gonna keep his job?
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6618|UK
pfft, 3 days...

I guess that the 'dedicated' gamers may see this as an unfair advantage though...
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6533|Winterpeg, Canada
If you really take it that seriously, and think you're that good, 3 days shouldn't make a difference. Plus, the points system is different, Don't think anybody is expected to break 50 000 in 3 days.
lamming
+6|6559
Lool guys. 3 days
I'm trying to guess now how many weeks or months later then you I can get it in Russia ^)
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6522
After playing hte BETA i dont really care when it comes out. Game sucked bawls.
Ledg
+2|6434|Brisbane, Australia
Just use the EA downloader and you can have it at the same time as the US of A. I live in Australia and thats what I'm gona do.
starman7
+15|6716
Not unexpected.  They are on a rushed schedule, I wouldn't be suprised if they barely have enough for the US release.  Sure, if it's something like Halo 3 (which has been done for months, maybe over a year by now), you can painstakingly prepare for release day, and have warehouses of copies in place well beforehand.
Icleos
+101|6733
Three days!?  omg...
Some people need patience.

Try waiting for a couple of online games from Japan...
Takes about a year for their stuff to reach America...  Maybe 4 months if we are really lucky.

Phantasy Star Universe isn't even in Beta for America yet and Japan finished PSU Beta 6 months ago.

Last edited by Icleos (2006-09-26 18:21:47)

DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6618|Los Angeles, California, US.
So? Its Just 3 Days.
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6681|Tampa Bay Florida
CoD2 was released like a week and a half in the USA before it was released in Europe.  Get over it.
Disodium
+13|6505|Sydney
Its 3.... days.....
"ZOMGS MY STATS ARE TEH 3 DAYZ BEHIND NOWZ I CANT BE TEH #1 WINNAR!!! OH NOEZ!!!!!!!"
Sorry, dont understand why people get so wound up over a bunch of number in a database.... maybe they are trying to be pretentious and look better then they are infront of there peers...

meh,
As above, get over it.
ALKYDER
+0|6453

[[[@lph@]]]_Templar wrote:

Why is 2142 being released 3 days earlier then in Europe? Won't this create an unfair advantage to start off with between people who live in the US and the rest of the world? I know EA is an American company, but the part of DICE which made 2142 is from Europe.
LOL, I can't wait til it get's released in AU, and the clans stop playing BF2.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6569|Florida

HURLEY wrote:

if you guys got it earlier, i wouldnt give 2 shits.
werd

Last edited by {BMF}*Frank_The_Tank (2006-09-26 20:03:41)

P581
Monkey
+44|6460
Initially it will suck for some people who are interested in getting on the ladder in the first few months. However it will even out as a few days play time really doesn't mean that much in the grand scheme of things. Moreover I don't feel like it's unfair, I live in Asia, I sometimes have to wait weeks for new games. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6736|The Island of Carls Jr.
Some people say that 3 days wont really mess you up on your ladder position. But in 3 days I can get around a thousand points. Although I agree it isnt fair, it IS a game from the US.
major
+14|6472
I also can say why would someone get that upset over 3 days?
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6736|The Island of Carls Jr.
Because some people like me obsess about our leaderboard placing.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6582|Reisterstown, MD

A three day gap won't matter much, especially for those that will play 2142 non stop for a week.  I suggest either waiting it out or pre-order a US copy and get it mailed to you, although, by the time you get it, it will have released in Europe anyway so...Moral of the story, just wait.
Ledg
+2|6434|Brisbane, Australia
Or, as I said previously... use the EA downloader and you can have it whenever you want.

Problem solved.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard