Ferret
+1|6425
Reading this and being the kind of guy who likes to hunt the big game I am loving the description of the Engineer kit and specifically the Koenig H-AVR.  Has anybody tried this thing and does it wreck vehicles the way the description implies?
Simon Moon
+13|6671|Canada
The Koenig H-AVR is more effective than any other weapon on the weak spots. As i expierenced it, it is less effective though on the rest of the armored vehicles. So while it takees you 1 shot to get the vehicle to critical in a weak spot, you might need 3 on other places.

Some more details here: http://bf2142.com/content/Koenig_H-AVR
_The.Don_05
Im super serial
+58|6585|England
Yeah If you shoot them in the back they catch fire, the only problem being that drivers with any sense will bail out before they explode meaning that you will have to pick them off with your SMG as I was crap at shooting infantry with the rifle.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica
Its basically a RPG-7 and M95 hybrid.  I never unlocked it but used and fought against it several times and its very good.
E|W4v0r
+8|6665|New York
That gonna be my first weapon unlock... I started a second account just to unlock it before the beta ended,I wasnt dissapointed
Ferret
+1|6425
Thanks for the input. 

I will wait to play to make up my mind but my early feeling is that I may go this direction.

Sure sounds like fun using this kit and all the upgrades to stalk and torment vehicles.

Has anybody used it on low flying vehicles?

It sounds like a weapon begging to be used on a hovering vehicle.  Some of the 2142 vehicles seem very similar to an Apahce or Blackhawk and this weapon should terrify those pilots?
[[[@lph@]]]_Templar
+20|6458|UK
Tbh i never actually saw it or used it. I went for all the Recon unlocks (for the carbine), 1 assualt unlock and the squad leader becon. I prefer playing those of roles, esp using the RDX
Simon Moon
+13|6671|Canada

Ferret wrote:

Has anybody used it on low flying vehicles?

It sounds like a weapon begging to be used on a hovering vehicle.  Some of the 2142 vehicles seem very similar to an Apahce or Blackhawk and this weapon should terrify those pilots?
It depends. The problem is that the Koenig H-AVR has no targeting, like the other anti vehicle weapons do, so althought those projectiles are slow as hell you can still "home them in" if the vehicles moves. Of course ebcause those rockets fly so slow, you alert the pilot with the targeting and they might just move. If they move a little you will miss, which is the worst about it.

One shoot can hurt any flying vehicle badly, but it wont kill it. If they already have a bit damge it could lead to a one shot kill. The Anti Air gun is better for that, as it flies as fast as the Koenigs projectile but you can home it in as well.
SiL3nC31133
+4|6741
it is very very powerful BUT the projectile is VERY slow... that is one thing that turns some players away from the koenig... think of it kind of like an anti tank shotgun slug...  hard to use from a distance but it killz up close... in my opinion it is a very solid unlock
LT.Victim
+1,175|6564|British Columbia, Canada

SiL3nC31133 wrote:

it is very very powerful BUT the projectile is VERY slow... that is one thing that turns some players away from the koenig... think of it kind of like an anti tank shotgun slug...  hard to use from a distance but it killz up close... in my opinion it is a very solid unlock
Very slow??

It shots 10 times faster then the Normal Anti-tank Rockets..
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica
Just a word of advice to all engi players in 2142, unlocking the DysTek Repair upgrade is a must.  It allows you to repair other vehicles from inside vehicles, like you can do in BF2, otherwise you've gotta hop out and wrench them.

Last edited by VeNg3nCe^ (2006-09-26 14:06:25)

JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6543|Sammamish, WA
You can do that already in BF2, repair things while sitting within your own vehicle. From my understanding, though, with that unlock you can repair YOUR OWN vehicle while sitting in it, making the engineer much more worthwhile to use in 2142. Perhaps now Engineers will have a bit easier time getting repair points.

edit oops right, like you said above. Reiterate, then, my statement about Engineers being much better. D'oh.

Last edited by JdeFalconr (2006-09-26 16:33:28)

SiL3nC31133
+4|6741

LT.Victim wrote:

SiL3nC31133 wrote:

Very slow??

It shots 10 times faster then the Normal Anti-tank Rockets..
I meant the projectile itself going through the air is slow... so easy to dodge... get it?
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6548|Doncaster, UK
I'm not sure I'd describe 216km/h as slow. Are you talking about the same weapon?
Tas3674
+8|6442|Tasmania, Australia
i have 2 questions about it.
1:how fast does it reload.
2:were is the weak spots for tanks, walkers, apcs in 2142?
Tecova
+0|6428
1:how fast does it reload.
2:were is the weak spots for tanks, walkers, apcs in 2142?

Seconded.  I'd like to know.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard