usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/printstory. … nt/4206756

I have had enough.  Build a wall and keep these people out.  Sure most are good people, but we need a wall in order to figure out, to the best of our ability, who is good and who is bad.  I know that is impossible to do for the most part, but at least they will be documented and easier to track.
mp30
Cynicism is an art, right?
+13|6722|It Rarely Rains in Seattle
Precisely, if this doesn't get everyone to finally pay attention to the border, then nothing will. I can't imagine a better example of why we need to proceed with some sort of policy than a child molesting cop killer. Tragically though, I doubt much will be done, and that man will be jumping the wall again in no time.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6636|Camoran's Paradise
I agree with the wall idea but this is the wrong story to base it on.  This was just one disturbed individual.  He doesn't represent all immigrants.  This is just an incredibly rare instance where the man was an immigrant.  Almost all of officers lost in the line of duty are killed by American citizens. 

Good idea; wrong foundation.

Last edited by Ganko_06 (2006-09-25 19:08:55)

IRONCHEF
+385|6482|Northern California
But because ONE illegal immigrant did enter this country and shoot someone...Vicente Fox (or obrador..whoever was just elected) should be responsible for his citizen to a degree.

I think we should raise tariffs on Mexican goods (or get rid of Nafta) to pay for the wall.  I think diverting the entire department of homeland security to actually sit on the border is a good idea since that would actually make them usefull.  CIA would be good there too.

yeah, I'm one of those liberals that DO think people can be "illegal."  And no, they don't deserve amnesty or any extra or special rights.  Give them water, food, a tatoo so we can track them, and deport their assess sending the bill to the Mexican government.  So damn sick of the lazy ones who don't assimilate or even make an effort to become citizens or live lawfully.  Every illegal that gets away with their illegal entry and exploitation of this country is desecrating all of our ancestors who did it legally and came to CONTRIBUTE to this country, not feed their old homeland.

..ok, i'm cool now.  this is just a very heated topic for me...ok, i'm chill...
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6562|USA
i say fuck em. fuck the bastards who cant be bothered to do things legally, especially when it would be better for their families.

i propose a new form of punishment for this fuck. chop his nuts off and force feed them to him, and make him watch a dog play fetch with his penis. for the rest of the illegals, put them on a boat in the middle of the ocean with enough supplies for a week.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6687|NJ
Yes build a billion dollar wall, because we don't have plane's or cars, or even shovels for that matter.

It's 2006 a big wall is going to do nothing but waste american citizens money
Also it's not just mexican Illegals that are the problem think about that.

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2006-09-25 21:47:06)

Havazn
+39|6685|van.ca
Apparently keeping Mexicans out is not as high a priority as keeping Canadians out. Your wall is set to be built along the Canadian border first (which is 5 times longer than the mexico border).
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6687|NJ
That's to keep you dirty bastards out of our capital... hehe
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6683|Calgary

Havazn wrote:

Apparently keeping Mexicans out is not as high a priority as keeping Canadians out. Your wall is set to be built along the Canadian border first (which is 5 times longer than the mexico border).
Gonna need a lot of cheap labour for that ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6681|Tampa Bay Florida
With people come criminals..... as if you knew this wasn't going to happen?  A mexican immigrant is just as likely to shoot someone as I am or anyone else
chittydog
less busy
+586|6826|Kubra, Damn it!

I'd say an illegal immigrant is MORE likely to shoot someone. They break the law once when then enter. If they work, then they break the law again by either not paying taxes or using fake IDs. Tell me someone who has committed TWO felonies isn't more likely to commit another than a citizen who hasn't committed one.
dknessfalls
+9|6435|Corona, California

IRONCHEF wrote:

But because ONE illegal immigrant did enter this country and shoot someone...Vicente Fox (or obrador..whoever was just elected) should be responsible for his citizen to a degree.
in that case, we should punish George W. Bush for every american soldier we have lost due to the war...how about a better idea, why not send him and his f-ing dad to go fight the war they started and not U.S. Citizens...because when Clinton was president, the word Terrorist was a legend in the U.S. now every 3 year old knows what it is and thinks its a joke
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6738|The United Center
I wonder what the Native Americans think about all of us.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6520|Global Command
I think their hoping we don't send them any more blankets.
dknessfalls

ThomasMorgan wrote:

the native americans of California, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, and Texas were hispanics that originated from the Aztecs and Maya tribes...it was the immigrants from the East that kicked them out...i dont blame them for trying to come back

but thinking thats a good enough excuse means ur just ignorant...want to know the real reason of why immigrants come here illegally...cuz they've heard of many ppl do it and they think its easy to do so, and they try to do so to make a living here, earn some money, and go back to mexico so that they can support their family...how would u feel like if ur parents lost everything and were forced to live in the streets, i'd bet you'd be picking up soda cans and try to sell them to even get enough money for a loaf of bread
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S

chittydog wrote:

I'd say an illegal immigrant is MORE likely to shoot someone. They break the law once when then enter. If they work, then they break the law again by either not paying taxes or using fake IDs. Tell me someone who has committed TWO felonies isn't more likely to commit another than a citizen who hasn't committed one.
If you and your families lively-hood depended on committing a felony would you do it?  Especially one as small as immigration laws.  And lets say they build a wall.  Whoop-de freakin doo.  The Huns overcame the Great Wall of China, the East Germans over came the Berlin Wall..hell those two were heavily guarded with people who would kill on sight.  Not going to happen in this day.  A better solution would be to enforce immigrant labor laws:   severally punish those who use illegal labor.  If there is no job here they are less likely to immigrate illegally.
sithao
+63|6617|Los Angeles, California
hmmm who do you think would build this wall??? if anything this wall will stop immigrants from going back to there country.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6636
have a wall like this lol used in Israel against Palestine

https://www.arcipelago.org/palestina/News/mur033-01.jpg

https://images.indymedia.org/imc/pghimc/israel__s_apartheid_wall-_construction_soon_to_be_completed_in_jerusalem.jpg

https://www.mediamonitors.net/images/israelswall1.jpg
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
Yes and lets add some machine gun nests while we're at it... [sighs and goes to bed]
dknessfalls
wow, that wall looks like they're trying to either keep someone out, or keep someone in...give me a grappling hook and i'll be fine
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6832|Cologne, Germany

Well, I don't have the statistics to back this up, but I dare say most cops are not killed by illegal immigrants.

If you think about it, logic would even dictate that illegal immigrants are less likely to commit crimes because that would attract the attention of the police, something any illegal should avoid doing.
If that mexican guy wouldn't have speeded ( and thereby attracted the atttention of the cops ), he wouldn't have been stopped in the first place.

Then again, that's no reason for pulling out a gun and shoot the cop.

As far as "the wall" is concerned, I am with Ganko_06 on this:

Ganko_06 wrote:

A better solution would be to enforce immigrant labor laws:   severally punish those who use illegal labor.  If there is no job here they are less likely to immigrate illegally.
That approach could also help Americans who are unemployed. Then again, I wonder if Americans would be willing to do the jobs illegals do for that kind of money...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

ThomasMorgan wrote:

I bet the wish they had stricter immigration laws and enforcement.  By 2015, we will be outnumbered by legal and illegal Hispanic immigrants.  I bet the Native Americans understand that feeling.
Rogue_Delta
+6|6446
different place, same talks. I guess the guy who got shot for nothing or the lady that got raped on her way to the office by illegal, non registered, jobless fucks from morocco know something about what youre saying.
western countries ought to get serious about letting people in cause this shit is just going too far.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6832|Cologne, Germany

Rogue_Delta wrote:

different place, same talks. I guess the guy who got shot for nothing or the lady that got raped on her way to the office by illegal, non registered, jobless fucks from morocco know something about what youre saying.
western countries ought to get serious about letting people in cause this shit is just going too far.
well, how about we revoke the citizenship of every white person that has ever committed a serious crime ( murder, rape, kidnaping, etc.. ). How would like that ?
IRONCHEF
+385|6482|Northern California

dknessfalls wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

in that case, we should punish George W. Bush for every american soldier we have lost due to the war...how about a better idea, why not send him and his f-ing dad to go fight the war they started and not U.S. Citizens...because when Clinton was president, the word Terrorist was a legend in the U.S. now every 3 year old knows what it is and thinks its a joke
Agreed, 100%.  I'd sell my home to buy a plane to be the lucky person to airdrop bush and his white house out in anbar province right now!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard