R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6507|Melbourne

Yeah, the tactic also doesn't work on Noobs as they generally crash the Black Hawk into the water, or they kill them selves bailing out of the plane.

One time we were in a Black Hawk, with a noob pilot a J-10 locked us (Drop Flares and Bank Hard if they do) and he crashed in to a guy driving a boat the funny thing was the guy driving the boat got blamed for 6 team kills, poor bugger.

And none of this Fly real High bs, that would be one of the stupid ideas i have ever seen, ur at 400 alt, and a j-10 coming up at u is at 50 alt how much mg Spam time does that give him?, i recommend flying low to the water as your colors blend in well from above and on the ends of the map and the onto the Beach or North Base.

Last edited by R3v4n (2006-09-25 16:32:45)

~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
greenhaven
+47|6486
I don't like to play wake island.
Archer
rapes face
+161|6444|Canuckistan
A better, more sensible tactic would be to go to the borders of the sea, not visible by the naked eye.
slicknic
+145|6646

Leprechaun56 wrote:

BabySpinach wrote:

Siders77 wrote:

Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6653|USA

PoP wrote:

Kanye North wrote:

Siders77 wrote:

d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6473|Ontario, Canada
No offense, but your strategy is terrible.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
AnaalDuck
Lfc Are Crap
+14|6497|Liverpool, England

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

chinese man [J-10] man1
chinese man [J-10] man2
chinese man [J-10] man3
chinese man [J-10] man4
chinese man [J-10] man5
chinese man [J-10] man6
lol
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6529|Los Angeles, California

AnaalDuck wrote:

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

chinese man [J-10] man1
chinese man [J-10] man2
chinese man [J-10] man3
chinese man [J-10] man4
chinese man [J-10] man5
chinese man [J-10] man6
lol
PAS Bknife
+2|6506|NJ
if i get the black hawk, i try flying as high as i can and go over a base.
R3v4n
+433|6507|Melbourne

slicknic wrote:

Leprechaun56 wrote:

BabySpinach wrote:

&

Naughty_Om wrote:

PoP wrote:

Kanye North wrote:

Wtf?

Last edited by R3v4n (2006-09-25 16:50:31)

~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
l=l-Oneill-l=l
+27|6857|Dundas, ONT, Canada

Towelly wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

2 Tactics i know of:
1st provided there are no good pilots on your team, take the F35B get to about 400 alt and sky dive onto the air field, have the squad spawn on u.  U have just caped the air field.

2nd Fill you BH and fly to the Left end side of the island as low to the ground as possible and then fly towards North Base.

These are good tactics to cap your first point.
OMG!

Someones  not a complete idiot while playing wake!

Now if only everyone knew these "secret" tatics when maybe USMC would win more..
Do you really expect that to happen though??
Yes,yes I do. The other one is to fill BH, be a squad leader,and fly away from a carrier. Than take that chopper as high as you can possibly can and be a Squad leader. Get your squad spawn on you. All that and hopping that Chinese team has noob commander. It is most important thing is to take Airfield, other wise USMC is screwed.
Xblade-3o5-
Oi, Suzy!
+113|6773|Florida, United States

Kanye North wrote:

Siders77 wrote:

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

chinese man [J-10] man1
chinese man [J-10] man2
chinese man [J-10] man3
chinese man [J-10] man4
chinese man [J-10] man5
chinese man [J-10] man6
R3v4n
+433|6507|Melbourne

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

Towelly wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

OMG!

Someones  not a complete idiot while playing wake!

Now if only everyone knew these "secret" tatics when maybe USMC would win more..
Yes,yes I do. The other one is to fill BH, be a squad leader,and fly away from a carrier. Than take that chopper as high as you can possibly can and be a Squad leader. Get your squad spawn on you. All that and hopping that Chinese team has noob commander. It is most important thing is to take Airfield, other wise USMC is screwed.
Yeah thats what i used to do, but it was the gunner of the z-10 who TVed me at 500 atl, i was up there for 10 miinutes good fun.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6583|British Columbia, Canada

R3v4n wrote:

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

Towelly wrote:

Yeah thats what i used to do, but it was the gunner of the z-10 who TVed me at 500 atl, i was up there for 10 miinutes good fun.
Ya, thats what i do sometimes if we are really loosing and J-10s are rapeing the carrier..

unless the other team has a good J-10 Pilot as squad leader, or in a good squad with a good commander, or likewise with the Z-10, you can stay up there pretty dam long..
Sone
i piss excellence
+22|6544|Houston (Spring), TX

Xblade-3o5- wrote:

Kanye North wrote:

Siders77 wrote:

R3v4n
+433|6507|Melbourne

LT.Victim wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

Ya, thats what i do sometimes if we are really loosing and J-10s are rapeing the carrier..

unless the other team has a good J-10 Pilot as squad leader, or in a good squad with a good commander, or likewise with the Z-10, you can stay up there pretty dam long..
To true now if only Dice would give us points for letting some one spawn on  you, i had 3 points buy the end of that round just becuase i was upthere for ages.  But hey i dont mind taking one for the team!

Last edited by R3v4n (2006-09-25 17:15:11)

l=l-Oneill-l=l
+27|6857|Dundas, ONT, Canada
I know. All of your points are correct. It's 50/50 chance you have to take. If you got spotted by their commander you and your squad are dead. But if not, you do have a chance.
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
+42|6696|Kingswood Country
Pre non-swap-off-squad-leader patching, it was possible to take the 4 boats and the blackhawk and rush one of the tip flags (north or south). With maybe 2 people in each, at least a couple would get through the fire corridor and make a beachhead, then anyone getting nailed could swap squads and spawn off the survivors. Hardly elegant, but getting up some early momentum by swapping and spawning right into the action made attacking the island way more possible.

<commence rant>
Now, it takes real coordination to keep people alive long enough to get off the damn carrier. Which in turn has pissed off a lot of people who like squad infantry combat to go and rejoin the Karkand masses, leaving Guy Gibson grade pilots and corporal n00b on Wake.

Definitely taking the airfield is the go - high-chopper spawn-point is one of the better ways to go, but there is no failsafe way of getting there; just a bit of luck to get past the airforce and hoping that your team mates aren't all cowering on the carrier but are presenting themselves as targets to spread the heat out.
<end rant>
TheDoctor
The Original BF2 Timelord
+51|6553|Australia

Kanye North wrote:

Siders77 wrote:

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

chinese man [J-10] man1
chinese man [J-10] man2
chinese man [J-10] man3
chinese man [J-10] man4
chinese man [J-10] man5