ECH
+50|6656|Some where near you
Ever since 1.0 I knew that most standard weapons were worthless and you wanted to go for the unlocks.  However, with all the patches (currently at 1.40) it now appears that most standard weapons are better then the unlocks.  At least for me, I found it better to use all but the USA assualt standard weapons.  To me it appears to undermind the whole purpose of going for the unlocks.  People who are ranking up are generally looking for a decent unlock.  Now I know some will argue it's just a skin but, it shouldn't be worst then the standard weapon it replaces.

Discuss...

Last edited by ECH (2006-09-25 11:47:18)

jord
+2,382|6691|The North, beyond the wall.
A few are.Theres a few that when you are on a certain team you really need.

Now waiting for PSP-RPG and aload of others saying unlocks suck.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6692|In You Endo- Stoke
I have to say i am quite impressed with the default support weopen's.

I haven't got the PKM or other unluck,but everytime i use the default and they are great.
Raptor1
+19|6501
I think the M16A2 is better than the G3 and F2000, i like 3 round burst
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6658|Ohio
No really? Pretty much every type of weapon can be beaten by one of the standard weapons. M4, M24, F2000 or AK101, RPK74, M11-87, AK101, PP19.
Sone
i piss excellence
+22|6537|Houston (Spring), TX
I think the AK is better than the L8 (medic), but I like the G36E's accuracy better than the AK.  When I'm playing SF, I definately use AK's when possible instead of the L8, but if I can use the G36E... thats my choice
jord

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

No really? Pretty much every type of weapon can be beaten by one of the standard weapons. M4, M24, F2000 or AK101, RPK74, M11-87, AK101, PP19.
PP19 over the DAO12?
ZIGShot82
-MAJOR WITHOUT A DEAL-
+25|6446|E-ToWn BIAaaAtCh
Its the fact how u shooting with the weapons..... more accurate u shoot more damage and dead bodies u see....
Sone
i piss excellence

{uscm}Jyden wrote:

I haven't got the PKM or other unluck,but everytime i use the default and they are great.
eh.. the PKM owns.
manitobapaintballa
+32|6632
to each thier own i will use both
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6604|Reisterstown, MD

The AK101 is probably the best medic/assault weapon.  It seems overpower all the other weapons, even the G36E, which is a great weapon in its own respects.  The RPK is another good standard weapon.
ECH

Sone wrote:

{uscm}Jyden wrote:

eh.. the PKM owns.
Yeah but that's when you go single shot to the head...not hard.  However, RPK can mow people down without having to trick it into single shot. 
masterofflama
+19|6598|European Battlefield Command
M24>svd
Abstinuous
+33|6444
i dont think its the patches, the same thing happened to me, its just that u get better at the game with time.

1st. SF unlocks are better than all weapons except M11-87 for engineer.

as for vanilla bf2, the weapons r different rather than better than each other

-G3 is more powerful than m4 but u dont get a GL
-jackhammer, dont have it yet so,
-L85 is long range, m3 is very effective on close-mid range on burts
-G36C ok, way much betterthan most of the weapons in the game
-PKM it owns light armor, long range ... but it lacks rate of fire of the saw or rpk
-m95 needless to say, noob cannon but svd is cool for close range
-Dao is much better than the smgs for close range but dont even think about mid-long range

zats wat i think
penguin.killer
+75|6494
i own whit all of them
ECH

killer21 wrote:

The AK101 is probably the best medic/assault weapon.  It seems overpower all the other weapons, even the G36E, which is a great weapon in its own respects.  The RPK is another good standard weapon.
Agreed, if you can learn to re-adjust your aim for the head, the AK101 and RPK do come off as overpowering indeed!  You'll  be called a Haxor in no time LOL

Last edited by ECH (2006-09-25 11:59:52)

stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6493|Sheffield-England
ak is better than g3 or f2000! f2000 sucks
jord

stkhoplite wrote:

It doesn't,no gun sucks.Just practice with it.
ECH

stkhoplite wrote:

Agree with you on that.  I have tried and tried and tried but at mid-long range the F2k fails for me.  It's simply to inaccurate.  For me it's more of a short-mid range weapon for head shots.  But nothin on the range of the AK101 which can take head shots from mid-long. At long range you need more luck

Last edited by ECH (2006-09-25 12:02:16)

Sone
i piss excellence
true, but I've had so many orgasmic experiences when a full squad is having a medic party and you turn corner just in time to unleash the PKM on them and watch the carnage as if the bullets are going through all of them at once:

Sone83 [PKM] PudPounder
Sone83 [PKM] GerbilzNaZZ
Sone83 [PKM] XxX_666_XxX
Sone83 [PKM] dark_EvilThing
Sone83 [PKM] Ih8GWB

RykJamz02 [Artillery] Sone83

Last edited by Sone (2006-09-25 12:07:18)

PAS Bknife
+2|6499|NJ
ak101 is my favorite weapon. rpk is amazing too. mec owns
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6788|EUR
Shh its a secret!
ZeroGravitySE
+0|6457
I have no prefrence in guns, but some are more effective in tight situations then others, but it always comes down to player skill with a weapon. Someone playing for years probly can use the shitest weapon and score a 4 to 1 ratio.

I prefer as a player single shot and automatic weapons. I hate burst, and I hate low accuracy guns because distance is key on the battle field.
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6708|Vancouver BC Canada

jord wrote:

A few are.Theres a few that when you are on a certain team you really need.

Now waiting for PSP-RPG and aload of others saying unlocks suck.
lol so true, the PSP-RPG thing.

I like to use most of the unlocks. The L85 and F2000 kick ass.
ECH
The G3 is by far the worst weapon I have come across as an unlock.  It's only half way decent when you are on a 10 ping or lower, dual opty server.  Then and only then will you get some good mid range head shots. 
The G3 reminds me of the ole trusty Oreck vacuum:
-the are both easy to carry
-both make noise to alert enemies of your position
-they both suck!

This IS a rifle if you go single shot it should mean something towards accuracy...

Last edited by ECH (2006-09-25 12:14:30)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard