Jent
+0|6834
Hello,

Recently I bought a new mouse, Logitech MX510. Im experiencing a weird problem with Battlefield2. For some reason, Im not able to turn off the mouse accel, alltho, it is turned off in both Windows and for example in Quake2 Im not having this same problem. From mouse settings mouse accel is turned to "off" and I have also crossed the "turn off mouse accel in games". Still, Im having mouse accel on in BF2. Has anyone got the similar problem or knows something I could try. I have also tried without "turn off mouse accel in games" crossed.

Btw. I have also tried CPL mouse registry fix, no help :(

Thanks already in advance.
Got3n
+0|6844|Texas
this is why i didnt use the logitech software, i just used the windows drivers and i didnt get any mouse accel problems.
Jent
+0|6834
Ok, will try this. Thank you for the tip. Have used Microsoft mouse for so long that I didn't remember not to install Logitech mouseware
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6845|"Frisco"

Yeah. No on the logitech drivers. Ever. *shudder*
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6845|San Francisco

Get a Razer mouse... problem solved!
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6841|Waikato, Aotearoa
Thats really odd guys. I got the Logitech MX500, and have experienced no problems with the
way my mouse works @ all. Maybe I am just lucky?
GoDeep52
+0|6840
I got a MX510 and have No ploblems with mine and I installed the software.
BudRell
+2|6835|Home

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Rahhehehehahhehehezer...lol. A razor ?

If you need a mouse then MX518 is the one. I had MX510 (well still sitting on my table..) but  this MX518 is all what someone can dream.
1600dpi (max) and you have 5 levels of adjusting it during game.  No matter what resolution you have. You can pick every pixel you see on screen.

The only "bad" thing is ... this is sometimes TOO good
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6845|"Frisco"

Logitech just annonced several new Laser mice (2000dpi) -- once even has adjustable freaking weights.
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6841|Waikato, Aotearoa
Ahh progress - Ya cant beat it eh??
BudRell
+2|6835|Home
It's a good thing to remember that...

...you must ALWAYS buy the newest device. No matter if the old one is still good enough.

...the noob next door has bought it last friday. God DAMN boob...will kick his ### next time I see him...

...even if you can't afford food for 2 weeks, you must buy the gizmo !

....the whole idea in multiplayer gaming is that you can upgrade your hardware to decent level ! Women LOOOV to talk about computers and games when the level of your hardware is almost like the supercomp that NASA uses....too
iF-f[Ranger1]
+0|6841|Belgium
Well i must say, since i play BF2 communication with my wife is below zero ,omg damn Game
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6836|Munich, Germany
i had my eye on the mx518 for quite a while and i think i will get it since for BF2 i will need the ability to change sensitivity to improve my gamplay.

i also have the 510 and the logtech drivers but no problem, maybe its winXP cause im running still on win2k.

i dont like the razor cause it doesnt fit my hand. im always pushin the side buttoms
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6827|USA! USA! USA!
I've got a MX700, which I love, but the scroll wheel has been screwy since day one.  If it doesn't stop in just the right place it overloads my system with Scroll Up / Down x 1,000,000,000.  I'm used to it and just use the scroll buttons, but when somebody else uses it (say my girlfriend) they freak out because the system locked up.  Doesn't matter how many times you warn them "Don't use the wheel" they will still use it out of habit.  I opened it up and adjust the springs because it was becoming too touchy and it helped a lot, but I can't get rid of it totally.

Last edited by Krauser98 (2005-08-15 18:23:56)

samstar81
Straddle my Member
+0|6756|The Netherlands
I just got an mx1000 (2nd improvement i made on my pc, 1st was an Ati Radeon 9600pro,
both only because I wanted to play BF2 (1st game I ever bought for pc!!!) at at least a decent level.

But i cant get the game to recognize more than 4 buttons at the moment, no trouble with turnibng on/off
mouse acc. though and i have the driver intalled.

Guess i'll uninstall that and try the windows driver after reading some of these replies, would be nice to get those other 6 buttons to work, ease some of the pressure off my not so intelligent lefthand.
LT_W.J.Kamikaza
Eat C4 SUCKAH!
+0|6784|Netherlands
i have mx518, no probs
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6768|AUS, Canberra

chuyskywalker wrote:

Logitech just annonced several new Laser mice (2000dpi) -- once even has adjustable freaking weights.
yeh the g5. i just bought one today.

a mate had a razer but i didnt real like it.
as you said the adjustble weights are cool and you can notice the difference with were you place them.
and can also turn the sensitivity up and down ingame on the mouse so you can turn it right down for sniping and right up for tanking.

Very happy with it...
Gairon Fay
+0|6745|Saltsjö-Boo Sweden
Well, bought myself the Razor Diamondback, and it totally ROCKS for me.
Good sensitivity and a hell of a lot quicker than any of my other mouses!
Adogg
+5|6552
I just got the MX518 mouse. I didn't install a thing, just pluged that bad boy in and started playing.

My question is: I am getting some crazy lag at the start of each map. Could this be from the new mouse? I'm going to do the top 10 tips for tweaking your game mentioned in general help but was curious if maybe this is an issue as well...
SargeJp
+87|6747|Canada

Gairon Fay wrote:

Well, bought myself the Razor Diamondback, and it totally ROCKS for me.
Good sensitivity and a hell of a lot quicker than any of my other mouses!
Same, there's a website which can be found here that tested MX-518 Vs Razer diamondback. The only problem is that it's in french. Anyways I didn't get any problems to understand it because i'm french canadian.. If you don't like it, just google MX-518 Vs Razer

http://www.presence-pc.com/actualite/so … tif-10315/

I've tested a G5 and I just bought a Razer diamondback fews weeks ago. All i can say is I prefer my Razer because it's a faster mouse and I love the grip. Compared to the G5 that has a big grip. G5 has 2000 DPI and it's a laser mouse. I didn't see any differences at all between my Razer 1600 DPI optical and the G5 on performances.  I think people should try the Razer because it REALLY worths it.  Anyways, a mouse is a personal choice.

About the mouse acceleration, there is a prog which removes the accel in windows completly. It's way better than CPL mouse fix. It's called accelfix. It's a small program that DISABLE the mouse accel completly. I totally recommand this if you want to get rid of your mouse accelerations in all your games.
INFO about accelfix
http://razerblueprints.net/index.php?op … pic=4788.0

Get accelfix here!
http://www.stomped.com/skout/mousetools/accelfix.exe
Adogg
+5|6552
[noob] what is mouse accelaration?[/noob]

:-)
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6710|Norway
OMGF!!! Someone who revives a relevant thread instead of spamming ahead with a new one?!?!?!?!

You must be the only one on the planet!

+1

Sorry I can't answer your question - I'm still in shock...
Adogg
+5|6552
Well you should see my first post ... it was blant noobness ... very bad indeed....
munkez
+0|6416

BudRell wrote:

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Rahhehehehahhehehezer...lol. A razor ?

If you need a mouse then MX518 is the one. I had MX510 (well still sitting on my table..) but  this MX518 is all what someone can dream.
1600dpi (max) and you have 5 levels of adjusting it during game.  No matter what resolution you have. You can pick every pixel you see on screen.

The only "bad" thing is ... this is sometimes TOO good
Cant get my MX518 to run right with battlefield 2 "pick every single pixel", mine seems to skip about 5 pixels a time
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6637|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
i have a mx518... and it works fantasticly... the razer doent fit my hand at all... my fingers are too long, but the mx518 it nice. i dled the software... ad now i have up to  different DPi settings... i only wish i could go lower than 400, for really, really long range sniping

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard