Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6677
explain A*'s Prolog implementation to me

thx
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5508|Bolingbrook, Illinois
halp.  essay worth 200 points due tomorrow.    i know this paper is shit, because i don't believe in my thesis anymore and i find trying to prove something i don't believe in difficult.  so yes, i know it's shit, i know the flow is bad, and i know the reasoning and the ideas to back up my thesis don't make sense and etc.  however, i would still appreciate a nice critique or suggestions of anything else.

It is Friday night and fish at the poker table surround Derrick.  He looks down at his hole cards and sees king ten suited.  LeBron, a loose, aggressive player, bets five times the big blind.  Derrick knows that LeBron likes to play with weak hands, so he re-raises him and LeBron folds.  This is just another easy hand for Derrick, who knows how to exploit his opponents
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5988|London, England

black people dont play poker, switch it to dominoes
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6561|Long Island, New York
are you really writing an essay on the chicago bulls playing poker
HaiBai
stupid bf2s posts not accepting special word characters.  anyway whatever.  and no that was the short shitty attention getter that my teacher told me i should use and i used the names derrick and lebron
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5725|College Park, MD

HaiBai wrote:

stupid bf2s posts not accepting special word characters.  anyway whatever.  and no that was the short shitty attention getter that my teacher told me i should use and i used the names derrick and lebron
racist
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6494

HaiBai wrote:

halp.  essay worth 200 points due tomorrow.    i know this paper is shit, because i don't believe in my thesis anymore and i find trying to prove something i don't believe in difficult.  so yes, i know it's shit, i know the flow is bad, and i know the reasoning and the ideas to back up my thesis don't make sense and etc.  however, i would still appreciate a nice critique or suggestions of anything else.

It is Friday night and fish at the poker table surround Derrick.  He looks down at his hole cards and sees king ten suited.  LeBron, a loose, aggressive player, bets five times the big blind.  Derrick knows that LeBron likes to play with weak hands, so he re-raises him and LeBron folds.  This is just another easy hand for Derrick, who knows how to exploit his opponents
that reads like something from a twilight novel
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
HaiBai
this isn't homework, but i have a little problem:

i have point1 xyz and point 2 xyz.  i need to find point3 that is 30 units away from point1 on the line going from point1 to point 2.

i could do this in 2d, but i don't know how to do this in 3d.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6545|Austin, Texas
30 = root(x2 + y2 + z2)

use slope to find respective x, y, z
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6130|eXtreme to the maX
Direction Vector = (xb, yb, zb) - (xa, ya, za) -> (x,y,z)

Magnititude of (x, y, z) = [x,y,z] = root(x2 + y2 + z2)

New Vector = (x,y,z) * 30/[x,y,z]

I think.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-12-10 17:04:37)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
HaiBai
what kind of whorebag won't round an 89.87%
HaiBai
alright so, i'm trying to find the best items to invest in.  (dont worry this isnt for real world money or anything lulz)

i have 5 numbers that i give per item to help determine how good of an item it is to invest in.  the quantity traded per day, the bigger the number the better, the donchian channel, the bigger the better, the spread of the median price, the lower the better, the spread of the average price of the last 20 days, the lower the better, and the spread of the average price of the last 5 days, the higher the better.

anyway, i have like 6500 different items that have these 5 numbers.  i want to rank all 6500 items using the above 5 numbers to give them a ranking.  at the moment, i'm just multiplying all 5 numbers for each item, but it's not ranking the items i would like to.  i think it's because the quantity traded per day and the donchian channel are much bigger numbers then the spreads, which are more of percentages.  anyway, my final question is, how can i combine all 5 numbers so that i can have an accurate rating for all 6500 items?
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6745|Sydney, Australia
If you have 5 variables then just make some function to come up with a "weighted rating value" or something? The weighting/coefficients are up to you
HaiBai
yeah but there's no easy way of finding a weight for each variable.  anyway, im just going to sort all 5 variables, find the position for each variable for each item, and add them together for each item.  this'll give me a decent ranking
mcminty
You are right, it's stupid because it is arbitrary..

You could also normalise the values.. either with respect to (ie. divide the value by) a benchmark or simple averages. For example, if the average number traded was 1 million, and a particular asset traded 2 million, then it's normalised value would be 2mil/1mil = 2. Thus, a completely "average" asset would have a total value of 5 (since each of its five normalised variables would equal 1).
jsnipy
+3,276|6546|...

HaiBai wrote:

yeah but there's no easy way of finding a weight for each variable.  anyway, im just going to sort all 5 variables, find the position for each variable for each item, and add them together for each item.  this'll give me a decent ranking
minty right, convert each value to a score ...

if its a fixed value range i.e. 1-5 then its simple ... if its a matter of where one value fits relative to the others,  find the min/max and establish a scale ..

put all of these things on a percentile
HaiBai
yeah, i'll probably normalize them later on when i have more time.  but the problem with normalizing them is that for example, there's one item that gets traded in a quantity of 40mil per day, while 90% of the other items are under 400.  the 40mil would completely screw everything else up.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5382|London, England

HaiBai wrote:

turn each of them into a percent value i.e. 100.

If the highest volume is 1000, it receives a 100 value, an item that trades 500 times per day would get a value of 50 etc. Then you just add up the five values to get your rankings. Simple.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
HaiBai
read the post above yours

i would have to use logarithmic scaling or something
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

HaiBai wrote:

Not really. If the one item has that much more volume than everything else, and that is desirable, it should be weighted accordingly. If you did a logarithmic scale it would diminish the value of the item.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
The real question is why does your teacher think volume adds value to the stock? Volume in a stock means volatility and volatility is bad.
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6795|PNW

Where is insider information figured into all this? Your math book is lying!
HaiBai
its not for school lulz.  i just thought homework help thread would be the best place to put it in.  anyway

JohnG@lt wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

Not really. If the one item has that much more volume than everything else, and that is desirable, it should be weighted accordingly. If you did a logarithmic scale it would diminish the value of the item.
i know what you mean, but it just doesn't work.  this isn't stocks, this is buying low and selling high.  the gigantic volume traded per day will overshadow everything else.  then again, who knows.  maybe the high volume would just mean that the turnover really is that good, and good enough that the other 4 factors don't matter.  i'll check it out though
mcminty
volume traded by itself is eh.. it should be relative to the total number of shares of that asset.
HaiBai

JohnG@lt wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

turn each of them into a percent value i.e. 100.

If the highest volume is 1000, it receives a 100 value, an item that trades 500 times per day would get a value of 50 etc. Then you just add up the five values to get your rankings. Simple.
yeah, im gonna try this out.  the current method im trying now (posted above) just sucks and doesn't work at all.

mcminty wrote:

volume traded by itself is eh.. it should be relative to the total number of shares of that asset.
yeah, i was thinking about this too.  i need to experiment with the data a little more

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard