velaxun
+0|6439
OK, well I have this really annoying problem. To start off with I'll give my system specs, I'm running Windows XP SP2 on a Pentium 4 2.8. 512 MB RAM with a GeForce FX5500 256MB. I know the video card isn't supported but the game still runs fine on low-medium settings. But my problem is that if I've played BF and then closed it, I can't start it a second time. This is really annoying cuz when I try to start it, it says "Battlefield 2 has encountered a problem and needs to close". Then I have to restart my computer to get it to work. So it's not really stopping me from playing cuz the only time it ever crashes is when I try to restart it a second time. I've tried re-installing everything, even the 1.4 patch but it still hasn't been fixed. Does anyone know how to fix this? or what might be causing it? If so please let me know cuz it's really annoying having to restart my computer every time I want to play =S
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6637|Los Angeles, California, US.
Leave the game running? I'll look in to it a bit later to give you an actual Answer....
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
Rustcat
+0|6442|Dallas
I think it might be Sp 2 because i have the same problem.............. sometimes opening the CD drive and closing it again helps though

Im running Athlon 3000+ (1.9Ghz Crazy Overclocked) Windows SP 2) Geforce 7600GT KO (also Crazy Overclocked) 1Gb ram

Last edited by Rustcat (2006-09-23 21:24:41)

Rellim83
+7|6692|PA
Same problem opening/closing cddrive works for me though.
velaxun
+0|6439
Opening/closing the CD drive worked guys. Thanks for the help, I realized that the problem is caused by a security program that EA puts on their CDs and starts everytime you play. But for some reason it won't start unless I open/close the CD drive. Thanks for the help, problem solved

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard