iceman785
+93|6683|Alaska, mother fucker.
i was using the M95 last night because iw as bored and well, i dont think it has as nearly as much bullet drop anymore, at about 200+ meters when i could barely see people i was getting headshots by just putting the scope on there head and firing, no aiming a little bit higher or anything. anyone else notice this?
Brasso
+1,549|6641

It never had much bullet drop.  Contrary to fucktard belief.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6513|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
nope....well yeah I did notice this..
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6730|Scotland
yes.

How LONG have you gone without using the sniper kit mate, it's been that way since...(next person fill in here)
iceman785
+93|6683|Alaska, mother fucker.
i use the SVD and m24 a lot so yeah lol
ssonrats
+221|6655
I think they all have the same drop, no? You might think the m95 has less because of the thick crosshairs.
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6543|Denmizzark!!
I still cant hit shit with that gun..
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6605|Iceland

ssonrats wrote:

I think they all have the same drop, no? You might think the m95 has less because of the thick crosshairs.
m95 has the lowest drop and l9 has the most
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6701|Devon, England

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

ssonrats wrote:

right...
senor_fulff
+25|6770|Yorkshire, UK.

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

ssonrats wrote:

at medium distances then possibly, but at long range (400m+) M95 has the most for some strange reason, almost as if the bullet has run out of steam and just starts to fall. I reckon it might be something to do with bullet velocities or summat similar.

Also SVD and Type 88 have waaaay more than all the other snipers.

Last edited by senor_fulff (2006-09-23 13:44:10)

Vexikuri
+1|6449
Is there drop off on the L96A!?  I had cross hairs on the heads staionary people less than 200m & wasn't hitting $hit.
Chillin&killin
+27|6685|Manchester,England
ALL guns have the same velocity/drop

seriously you can hit people at 300m with the PKM by lifting it the same amount
ToiletTrooper
+25|6786|WC
M95 sucks!
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6707|Germany
OMG,not again.....

Check out the friggin .tweak-files of each weapon or all the nice weapon-comparison charts -> There are no different calibers,ALL sniper rifles' bullets leave the muzzle with the same speed and therefore drop the same!
ALL sniper rifles have the same bulletdrop,it just looks different because of the different scopes!

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-09-23 14:42:46)

senor_fulff
+25|6770|Yorkshire, UK.

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

OMG,not again.....

Check out the friggin .tweak-files of each weapon or all the nice weapon-comparison charts -> There are no different calibers,ALL sniper rifles' bullets leave the muzzle with the same speed and therefore drop the same!
ALL sniper rifles have the same bulletdrop,it just looks different because of the different scopes!
i stand corrected blindfisch. was only a theory though...
bennisboy
+829|6657|Poundland

senor_fulff wrote:

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

OMG,not again.....

i stand corrected blindfisch. was only a theory though...
In real life you'd probably be correct as the M95 would need a high muzzle velocity due to larger bullets, but they would slow quicker (just a theory)
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6742|St. Andrews / Oslo

If you take two shots at the same person with a m24 and an L9, you WILL see there is a HUGE difference in bulletdrop.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6636|Sea to globally-cooled sea

sgt.sonner wrote:

GhostStalker0
I like pie
+29|6488|San Diego, CA

G3|Genius wrote:

sgt.sonner wrote:

Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6511|Valley of the Dragons

Jenspm wrote:

If you take two shots at the same person with a m24 and an L9, you WILL see there is a HUGE difference in bulletdrop.
Shut up allready

Check the first post by me in --> this thread <--

BlindFish and Chillin are right and they are both elite snipers in this game so end of argument.
dont_be_ss
+312|6604|selby, n. yorkshire, UK

Jenspm wrote:

No you won't, they both have the same drop, the m24 x hair is thicker, so that is why you think it has less drop.

Last edited by dont_be_ss (2006-09-23 17:49:53)

power9787
+10|6592
since my graphics is so shitty, that i can't see anything beyond 250ms without zooming. my gpu is 5700+ nvidia
power9787
+10|6592
m95 sucks on computer, because  my graphics are horrible and my accuracy is really bad because of that.
Ryan
+1,230|6853|Alberta, Canada

They took away bullet drop, but made sure that when you get a headshot, the enemies head just turns to a puff of dust, and then reappears. It's like every enemy is their own Criss Angel...
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6637|Warlord
All rifles have the same bullet velocity, pistols too. FFS how often do we have to go through this?! If you don't know don't post as though you do

In BF2 speed = bullet drop so all rifles and pistols have the same bullet drop, no matter how it 'seems', 'feels', or whatever other touchy-feely ways we like to think about it. The exception in the LMGs which have half the velocity, hence double the drop I think.

iceman785 wrote:

i was using the M95 last night because iw as bored and well, i dont think it has as nearly as much bullet drop anymore, at about 200+ meters when i could barely see people i was getting headshots by just putting the scope on there head and firing, no aiming a little bit higher or anything. anyone else notice this?
Aiming flat, down or upwards?

You can get 'headshots' in surprising ways when a target is moving because the player model is not synchronised with the hitbox (you can see this in a number of the sniper vids actually). Also, unless you know for a fact that the guy was completely uninjured you gotta remember the M95 damages all classes to 2 bars, so if he's taken a single hit from another gun you'll kill him if you hit him anywhere usually.

bennisboy wrote:

In real life you'd probably be correct as the M95 would need a high muzzle velocity due to larger bullets, but they would slow quicker (just a theory)
Superior ballistic performance for .50 BMG is precisely why it was adopted for sniping (flatter trajectory). The frontal area of bullets isn't as significant in relation to slowing as you might think because of their aerodynamic shape.

Jenspm wrote:

And you'd know this because of your extensive time sniping in the game, right? The difference in the scopes is making you think so, that's it, unless they changed bullet velocities.

power9787 wrote:

m95 sucks on computer, because  my graphics are horrible and my accuracy is really bad because of that.
I play SF, and vanilla BF2 most of the time now, at 800 x 600 with most things turned to low or off, with no antialiasing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard