theoflow
+1|6758
Its all about wealth and greed.  All the other political and economical issues just sort of give excuses to it wealth and greed continuing.  And no, this is not an uneducated conclusion, i just don't feel like writing up a 50 page paper explaining it all.  Well, not till my doctorate.
dshak
+4|6814
there is already an emerging superpower in that region. North Korea should be China's problem
pfcilng
+0|6768|Northern Illinois University

dshak wrote:

there is already an emerging superpower in that region. North Korea should be China's problem
Japan should also begin stepping up to the bat.
ronin1942
+-1|6844
WOW.... miller bad idea first off the people of n. korea see america as imperialistic (means we take over other countrys) so a full assult would unite the nation aginst us whitch would defeat the pourpose. second with chinas take over of hong kong (ending the hundred year contract) china has moved more towards capitlism they have a long way too go dont get me wrong but they are headed in the right direction.historically opressive regimes self destruct the US has played a role over the last few decades in helping bring down these regimes but we have had the backing of the civilian population. there are still parts of those populations that are loyal to the regime we helped take down and that is why we are targets for hatred. As for N. korea they have a long way to go befor they as a whole are ready to over throw the current regime. I think the us government is going to wait out the regime kinda like what we did with cuba. unless they attack us or an ally the are of no consern to the world economy so they will be left alone to self distruct or grow into a better form of government (by better i mean more willing to promote free trade.)
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6777|UK

Miller wrote:

Lets go in and kick some ass, itd show ot bin laden america isnt some paper tiger.  Kill kim, kill his advisors, lets help these people, they dont have anything good over there.  And you all should remember 1989 in teh square when someone got smart enough to want freedom. thats what we should go in for, just to help. Free china and korea, and maybe even finish off vietnam, which we should have never pulled out from.
Sorry but it's the handful of people such as yourself which give the rest of the world the view that Americans have a "Shoot now ask questions and deal with problems later" policy.  I'm sorry but I think that should be the last resort especially considering the blood of 2,061 and still counting US soldiers that is now on the Bush administrations hands. I do back the war in Iraq as does the majority of the UK even more so after the terrorist attacks on London and most of your other allies do aswell and we'll be behind you 100% on this.

But what you are suggesting is surely World War 3!?!

Last edited by Milk.org (2005-11-15 07:52:33)

pfcilng
I was watching on that special I mentioned how people in China and S. Korea smuggle in Cellphones and outside media to N. korea.  That seems to be slowly making the population turn on their beloved leader, making them see how the outside world really is.
Maybe doing this on a larger scale could seed things up, like civilian broadcast and such.
ronin1942
+-1|6844

pfcilng wrote:

I was watching on that special I mentioned how people in China and S. Korea smuggle in Cellphones and outside media to N. korea.  That seems to be slowly making the population turn on their beloved leader, making them see how the outside world really is.
Maybe doing this on a larger scale could seed things up, like civilian broadcast and such.
best idea ive heard yet -knowledge is power end of story
KillerTroop 11th Cav Whit
+0|6741|Fort Worth, Texas
Well my father was in the first Korean war and 7 days short of one year and got caputured by the Cinnesse and tortured for 7 days short of two years. He said the South Koreans were going south while the US GI's went North. My veiw is simple and straight let us not forget 9-11. We have a buffer zone that is called forward bases. New debate when was the last time we fought on American soil any war? Keep them at bay and kill them all and let God sort them out... SIMPERFI  P.S. CNN (COMMUNIST NEWS NETWORK)

Last edited by KillerTroop 11th Cav Whit (2005-11-15 10:36:58)

Possum61
+9|6749|Philly PA USA

pfcilng wrote:

Watched this special on N. Korea this weekend on CNN.  Did anyone else catch it?
Surprised to hear that people are going to China for freedom.
What are your opinions on N. Korea, and how should the problem be handled.
Mushroom cloud 
pfcilng

KillerTroop 11th Cav Whit wrote:

Well my father was in the first Korean war and 7 days short of one year and got caputured by the Cinnesse and tortured for 7 days short of two years. He said the South Koreans were going south while the US GI's went North. My veiw is simple and straight let us not forget 9-11. We have a buffer zone that is called forward bases. New debate when was the last time we fought on American soil any war? Keep them at bay and kill them all and let God sort them out... SIMPERFI  P.S. CNN (COMMUNIST NEWS NETWORK)
I guess CNN could be called the Communist...., the only network that was able to broadcast the Tienemen Square incident back in 89, it must of killed them at CNN to broadcast communisim at its best.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6838

Kaiser|Soze wrote:

Why does everyone think that we went to iraq for oil?

The only resonable answer would be to relieve stress on the international market thus driving down our costs at home. Thats it!! We arnt taking it out of their wells and bringing it over here. This idea of stealing their oil or using it is ridicilous!!!!

95% of American imported oil comes from Canada. The other bit comes from Venezula. The oil found in the Middle  East has a high sulfer content that our US refeniers can not handle. So get off the oil idea for going to Iraq and as a reason for going other places to start a war.
we went to War over Israel. Thats why they hate us.  Thats why there fighting and thats what Bin Laden said.

Give them there land back and it would stop on a dime. ( well some one would still hate somebody over there ) Do you think the Native Americans would have Crossed the seas and Found us even if they had the ability?
KillerTroop 11th Cav Whit
+0|6741|Fort Worth, Texas
Horseman, I am a Retired Vet and went to Desert Storm, I can tell you it had something to do with oil. That is not the only thing however. We went to make sure our buffer zone for World War was safe. Kuwait is a stratigic area for us. We also have a reserve of oil for the US in case we stop getting it from Canada or other countries in case of war. I like the DA in CananDA it sounds good. LOL
minersny{FU}
+0|6733
I lived in s. korea fro a year and a half,,,everytime they say they will stop nuke testing and stop production, we give them food aid, and what do they do??? start production all over again, I think they are a scary country with a crazy dictator who should be stopped.  he has no concern for his people, and only takes care of himself, and staff
pfcilng

minersny{FU} wrote:

I lived in s. korea fro a year and a half,,,everytime they say they will stop nuke testing and stop production, we give them food aid, and what do they do??? start production all over again, I think they are a scary country with a crazy dictator who should be stopped.  he has no concern for his people, and only takes care of himself, and staff
In what capacity were you living in S. Korea (ie military....)?  I remember seeing how they sell the UN food donations for profit to the people.
minersny{FU}
+0|6733
I beleive your statement to be true, Yes I am in the millitary and was also at the time I was in Korea.  I cannot say for sure what happened to the food aid that was sent there, but I am quite certain in did not reach it's intended destination.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

dshak wrote:

china is ignoring the problem
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6598|Seattle

Ancient history....

This thread is 3 years old but if you'd like to continue it, I see no harm... Semper Fi
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Well i just think it is interesting to revisit what people say about an issue that has resurfaced.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL
old thread is old

North Korea is really in over their heads this time, the only thing that saved them from complete destruction in the 50's was millions of Chinese troops fighting on their behalf.  This time, China has nothing to gain and everything to lose by fighting a war, North Korea's alone in the world, any real aggression on their part would be downright idiotic.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina
The older Kim is nearly dead.  The younger Kim is probably going to be somewhat different.

Hopefully, this difference translates to normalizing relations with the outside world.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard