Whitegreek
Sniping with the pistol...
+4|6843
Who can make the best poster or signature themed with BF2 and has the person's stats in it.
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6819|Delaware
I'd have to go with it having some sort of relation to activeness on the forums. Some sort of skill contest to make it fair to everyone who maybe haven't been here as long, but the more active you are, the easier the challenge. I dunno, most people when left up to them would pick a contest they know they could win
Guruz
Sir
+20|6836|government yard in trenchtown.
I vote for a story/comic using in-game screenshots - that would give me a chance!
And the good side of that would be that the best players won't win, just the most creative/funny users!

You pay the shipping to Finland

Last edited by Guruz (2005-11-14 02:34:25)

Kriznik
+0|6769
admin: so why you dont make "private" BF2S server for one night and there can be few matches on it

then you can pick up that ppl which are : best teamplayer, best killer etc.

i think that this way is pretty good, you have your own server, so lets do some match on it for this purpose!

im in
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6844|Australia
well personally i think the top ten people who donated money to this site should get them! likea thanks for helpin me out i didnt donate cause im poor lol so i wont get one
Mabec
Re-Member-Me
+6|6829
WHO DO U WaNT ME TO KILL? GIVE ME HIS/HER NAME (read account), AND I HUNT&KILL HIM/HER DOWN FOR FREE!!

No, honestly, this is my contribution.

Last edited by Mabec (2005-11-14 04:58:23)

Dassador
+0|6741|Europe => Czech Republic
(BTW sorry for my English, I'm Czech)
Hey guys,
I think a good way to decide to whom to give the BF:SF copies would be just to get a good server, make a form for players to sign in and and make a tournament. Let them battle each other so the best from rounds would continue the contest and so on. And in the end, first ten players ( or less) would win it.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6839|Cologne, Germany

As this is about the community, I suggest giving the copies to those who contribute most. But how are u gonna judge on that ? simply on number of posts ?

As someone else has said, whatever contest you choose there will be someone saying that it is unfair.

So you might just as well put all forum members in a lottery and roll the dice. OR maybe only those who have donated money via paypal, as a way to say thank you.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6784

B.Schuss wrote:

As this is about the community, I suggest giving the copies to those who contribute most. But how are u gonna judge on that ? simply on number of posts ?
As someone else has said, whatever contest you choose there will be someone saying that it is unfair.
So you might just as well put all forum members in a lottery and roll the dice. OR maybe only those who have donated money via paypal, as a way to say thank you.
word!
... [starts padding b's wallet]
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6811
Try me, Mabec >
audioboxer217
+0|6758
I'm up for the BF tournament on the server.  I would probably lose, but I am here to play BF and in a tourney like this I would know that the server would be full of great players.
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6753

ME ME ME!!! But seriously, I would love to get SF through some sort of contest, whether it be spec ops or a duel or a knife fight a la the "Mine" video. Actually, that knife fight would be really cool. As far as screenshots go, check out my sig. Anyway, I think that participation should be limited to people who actually post a decent amount here, and exclude padders like PlaneWhore

Last edited by fikraag7 (2005-11-14 05:56:48)

Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6811
Only problem with that, is the multi-cultrualism of the BF2S community, pings would be alot higher for us Aussies, and for Europeans.
B.Schuss

a tourney would be great, something along the lines of a 10 vs. 10 championship, with the winning team getting the copies.

but I am afraid ping and other time zone issues would make a fair tournament a bit difficult.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6839|Missoula, MT
I'd have to go with Schuss on this one.  Lottery may be the only "fair" way.  Unless you want a bunch of whiners posting about because you didn't pick them.  Way to go Schussey (that's your new nick)! 

How about top ten players who have spent the most time in the BF2s server?  If they are regular posters here, then they are aware of your server.  They should be playing there.  I know I do whenever I can. 
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6772|NRW,Germany
I´d say let´s have a screenshot contest. The funniest screenshot (selected via poll) wins.
This way everyone can contribute and there is no need for a special skill except humor.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6743|Houston, TX
Ruff stuff, having to pick and make it fair.  Go random. Even chances around the board, and nobody gets to bitch about how you favored one side or another.  10 lucky people get copies and EA makes chumps outta the rest of us when we have to go and buy.
KoJ
+0|6787|Norway

CMDR_Dave wrote:

How about top ten players who have spent the most time in the BF2s server?  If they are regular posters here, then they are aware of your server.  They should be playing there.  I know I do whenever I can. 
If my ping would allow it I`d be playing there as well. (Have tried.)  But I don`t see the fun playing with 180 in ping.......
It sucks to live in Norway.. (NOT impressive internet speeds... )
B.Schuss

CMDR_Dave wrote:

I'd have to go with Schuss on this one.  Lottery may be the only "fair" way.  Unless you want a bunch of whiners posting about because you didn't pick them.  Way to go Schussey (that's your new nick)! 

Schussey ? I like the idea, but I'd rather stay with something that pays tribute to my german roots..

*dances madly to the hallucinating sound of the cowbell*
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6839|Missoula, MT
KoJ, just pick up and move to the states...we'd be glad to have you! 

I think your comment just confirms that the lottery is the only fair way.  But in the end, it's Chuy's choice.  The copies were given to him and he should just give them to whoever he wants.  With no regrets or repercussions from his loyal threaders.  It's not like any of us weren't going to buy it anyway!  A free copy would just be icing on the cake.  Chuy, may the force be with you...always. 
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6772|NRW,Germany
Another idea!
A cowbell contest!
Maybe not... but think about it ^^
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6763|Cambridge (UK)
Chuy:

If you have access to per-user stats on site usage, I would take all the people that are regulars on BF2s and draw 10 winners from that lot at random.

It gives every one an equal chance of winning, isn't based on any skill or talent and doesn't require tough value-based judgements on your part.

Email the winners, if anyone doesn't claim their prize or already has a copy as good as purchased, then just draw more names until they're all gone.
KoJ
+0|6787|Norway

CMDR_Dave wrote:

KoJ, just pick up and move to the states...we'd be glad to have you!
Thanks for the invite! Sound like a good idea..   
If I only could afford it, but the constant upgrade of my beloved pc just won`t allow it....  + a hole lot of other expences...   But I`ve been playing with the idea of moving to another country, got to see other places besides the nordic countries. And the states have always been an interesting place. So maybe one day! 
I hope....

And I have to agree with you about the lottery, seems like the only fair way. But in the end it`s Chuy`s way, or the highway.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6845|"Frisco"

Lottery is a rather lame fallback excuse. It's really not the way I want to go because it's so bland. Yay. You. Win. No involvement for the competitors, and NO involvement for the users of the site.

Also, a tournament is a PAIN IN THE ASS to run, and has a LOT of inherent problems (globally speaking, etc) which makes it even less appealing than a lottery.

Right now I am heavily leaning towards the "You want Special Forces? SHOW US that you're SF material!" dress up concept
CreepingDeath
+1|6742
Just keep them and give them out to who helps with this WEBSITE . . I like this website and it seems for us mature real humans and not to many church going bigits. It has so much to offer without the goodie goodie to shoes attitude. GREAT JOB PEEPS. KEEP them if you have some left over well then offer them to someone that you know in IRL .
   Many great ideas on here, but not to many really fair to some. Keeping in mind it all would have to be done and decided with in a couple of days. Since it comes out in about 7 days.
So again keep them

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard