pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6663
So tell me fools, when you bought bf2 what did you want? why did you buy this game? Did you buy it so you could just shoot each other with guns on big maps that take ages to walk across? OR did you think HELL YEA JETS, HELIS, TANKS, JEEPS OMFG! If you wanted the second, why do you beg for infantry only, why do you complain that tanks kill you. WHYYYYYYYYY DAMN YOU WHY!
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6749|Oslo, Norway
what a nice and short post simon!

/sarcasm

Last edited by WilhelmSissener (2006-09-21 10:49:47)

gbr.hitman
Fair Play!
+21|6617|Warwickshire, England

pure_beef_69 wrote:

So tell me fools, when you bought bf2 what did you want? why did you buy this game? Did you buy it so you could just shoot each other with guns on big maps that take ages to walk across? OR did you think HELL YEA JETS, HELIS, TANKS, JEEPS OMFG! If you wanted the second, why do you beg for infantry only, why do you complain that tanks kill you. WHYYYYYYYYY DAMN YOU WHY!
I bought the game because my mate recommended it.

IF you don't like IO, just don't play it, simple as.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6666
becuase they r fun..play an IO map with small maps
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6663

gbr.hitman wrote:

pure_beef_69 wrote:

who says i dont like IO?
Zodiaccup
+42|6562
Because of it's variety. Kits, Vehicels, Maps, Weapons etc.

Since "Special Forces" from Microprose, i wanted a game
like this in first Person. How the times has changed... http://www.thelegacy.de/Museum/5379/ 

IO sucks in my opinion but who cares? (i don't like to have a whole game
just between 2 CP's)...

Last edited by Zodiaccup (2006-09-21 11:01:45)

gbr.hitman
Fair Play!
+21|6617|Warwickshire, England

pure_beef_69 wrote:

gbr.hitman wrote:

pure_beef_69 wrote:

who says i dont like IO?
What does the first word on the second sentance in my original post say? I even had it in capital letters for you

Last edited by gbr.hitman (2006-09-21 11:03:20)

Simon
basically
+838|6674|UK
yay it got deleted
MonroStrongrod
+4|6622|Sacramento, California
I never wanted IO as an option. BF2 is all about being able to run around and jump into anything on the map that can drive, fly or skim. The IO is a stat-padders dreamland, all the medic whoring without that pesky tank holding you down. The IO is BS just because you make two kits (Anti-tank ans Engineer) useless, I've played on an IO once, kinda boring.
SGT.Slayero
+98|6481|Life in a vacuum sucks

pure_beef_69 wrote:

omg yea y did i never think of that! +1
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6717|MoVal So-Cal
well, its actually a good question imo. You figure for inf only you go play CS and for jets go play a sim and so on and so forth. I think the main appeal of battlefield is that it is a battlefield that has everything (tanks, jets, choppers jeeps, ect). The thought for having them all work together keeps people playing; tanks rolling in with a squad of inf and a chopper giving cover overhead, jets drob bombs to soften the point up before the others get close. Infantry only mode may seem pointless because of CS but the fact that it is still a battlefield (large with complex urban centers, best played on) makes the fighting intense. Thats why people buy Battlefield games.
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6661|Canada
I bought it because I played BF1942, and I enjoyed that game, mostly playing Forgotten Hope. Another reason to buy was that all the mods were moving to BF2, including FH which I'm still waiting to release their mod.
bennisboy
+829|6663|Poundland
I would love to let you know how i all feel, but i would be banned
I would love to let you know how to put a sentence together but you might not understand

EDIT: but to be less of a nob and answer your question, I bought it cos a friend recommended it and it sounded very fun, also the thought of all the jets jeeps infanty and tanks rolling in as a team did seem extremely pimping

Last edited by bennisboy (2006-09-21 11:21:31)

d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6702|Hell's prison

bennisboy wrote:

I would love to let you know how to put a sentence together but you might not understand
Quite uncalled for... but in response to the original poster; I wanted a good playing game with some new innovations, which is what BF2 offered and delivered, I was not expecting perfection considering some of this has never been done before, at least not on this scale.  However if I knew that buying the game meant I had to keep reinstalling it every 30 days just to play it, it wouldnt have been worth it.  But I am glad that I have been able to play considering I see the FPS in a whole different light, I dont think I will ever go back to arena combat.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6722|Antarctica
I bought the game because I liked the combination of Planes, helis, tanks, light vehicles, and infantry all fighting it out on the battle field.  Unfortunately, the game has become an IO Karkand noobfest.  Long live POE

BTW, pure_beef_69 owns all of you
bennisboy
+829|6663|Poundland

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

Quite uncalled for... but in response to the original poster; I wanted a good playing game with some new innovations, which is what BF2 offered and delivered, I was not expecting perfection considering some of this has never been done before, at least not on this scale.  However if I knew that buying the game meant I had to keep reinstalling it every 30 days just to play it, it wouldnt have been worth it.  But I am glad that I have been able to play considering I see the FPS in a whole different light, I dont think I will ever go back to arena combat.
yeah I know, I did actually edit it to answer the question, but this guy does give out his fair share on this forum
Chou
+737|6807
I think Zatar 64 IO is a masterpiece
LT.Victim
+1,175|6579|British Columbia, Canada
I didn't buy it, got it as a gift..

But i do play it for the Vehicles.. if i didn't like vehicles, i'd go play counter-strike Source (which i have, but never play)

BF2 > CS:S
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6663

bennisboy wrote:

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

yeah I know, I did actually edit it to answer the question, but this guy does give out his fair share on this forum
EVERYONE who wants to know who bennisboy's idol is? ME look he even copied my hitlist idea im glad i could be an inspiration to you!. BTW your 1st comment was uncalled 4 _________<--- put insult here
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6752|Salt Lake City

Yes, some maps are not condusive to the IO game play, as they are far too large.  And yes, it also makes a few of the kits useless for the most part.  However, it is fun from time to time to not have to worry about jihad jeepers, tank whores, APC whores, jet whores, and helo whores.  It comes down to wanting plain old ground pounding combat.
bennisboy
+829|6663|Poundland

pure_beef_69 wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

EVERYONE who wants to know who bennisboy's idol is? ME look he even copied my hitlist idea im glad i could be an inspiration to you!. BTW your 1st comment was uncalled 4 _________<--- put insult here
Yes you're my Idol, I just want to be you!!! The only reason I made a hitlist was to take the piss out of you and the numerous big ego'd posts you've made. You claim you've never made posts that are uncalled for? I even admitted I'd been a nob with it, never seen you do it
l41e
+677|6664

Guy 1: "ZOMG GO PLAY CS J00 NOOB"
Guy 2: "lol"

Now...

Guy 2: "lol. go play a flight sim."
Guy 1: "WTF NO U NOOB WTF IS WRONG WIT U IM 2 1337 FOR SIMS"
Guy 2: "...if you're so "1337" why don't you play one?"
Guy 1: "BCUZ BF2 HAS STATZ"
Guy 2: "lol"
linster
+2|6629|LEICS UK
maybe some of us are a bit titsed off with tanks n apc's sitting on spawn points?
leesupport
+39|6699
i like Infantry only cause i like shooting guns rather than driving tanks or flying jets but it is only good on city maps and some times it does get boring so i go play on a regular sever..Jet,Tanks and all that....does make it a little more fun with jets and all that....most people that complain about IO it is cause they cant shoot well and most people that like IO it is because they dont know how to fly jets or shoot with tanks.....if you want more infantry fights then get BF2SF...those maps are more infantry fighting......i just hope this is the last patch for BF2 so they wont mess it up more:/

that just my option and i know my spelling stinks:/

-Leesupport-
Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6619|Philadelphia, PA
I got it because I watched teasers for it and I thought it looked good.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard