simmy.uk
+117|6428
Click here to watch my new video

enjoy

Last edited by simmy.uk (2007-05-03 11:31:29)

stef10
+173|6473|Denmark
In a way it is very good.
IntrebuloN
+8|6461
in WHAT way?

very cinematic, not like most who just like to show off

Last edited by IntrebuloN (2006-09-21 03:31:57)

stef10
+173|6473|Denmark
In the way where you show how cruel war can be. With the sad music and slow motion.
IntrebuloN
+8|6461
good answer +1, cuz i'm karma happy when ppl don't call each other noobs ;D
Redback00
+51|6564
Got bored watching the cow...let me know how it ends...actually, I don't care.
JimmyBotswana
+82|6576|Montreal
wow really good plus 1 for you I thought it was very well done.
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6634|Cumberland, MD, USA
Very good. +1
Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6696|Alaska
its ok, but i just dont get what was the point of it, if its a movie what its story line? I gotta say its good, just need to know what for
Phrozenbot
+632|6606|do not disturb

+1
psycho|potuk
+0|6419
nice (the tune improves it)

better than the "watch me pwn" vids
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6644
I just ate two big bags of M&M's, dont have the patience to sit through more than 30 seconds of that

brb
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
MrE`158
+103|6614
This is good stuff.  A brave move doing the entire thing in slow-mo, but with that backing track it works okay.

Couple of things I think will improve your next video:  Firstly, and most importantly, you need to add more narrative.  While what you've got there is stylish and cool, there's really no plot, and even a few tiny "set-piece" bits where the viewer is clearly following a specific bit of action will make a lot of difference (note the people whose response indicated they were bored - a bit of narrative thrown in will help immensely with that problem).

I don't think there's much can be done about the jerkiness of the panning of the camera, but if it was possible to smooth it out, it'd help.

Credit your music!  The slow style and the Songhua setting give this a very 'Nam-esque feel to it, and using The Doors cements this, as so many people will immediately assosciate it with the opening of Apocalypse Now.  The music is so important to the overall success of this video that not crediting Jim is criminal....  In fact, now that I think about it, it's probably criminal in more than just an artistic way too... 

Anyway, hope those comments help with your next video, and well done.  It's good to see videos that have cinematic style in them, and aren't just about l33t skillz.

+1 coming your way.
Simon
basically
+838|6649|UK
Better than I thought it would be
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6557|England

Nice vid, made me think of Vietnam and, like mentioned above, Apocolypse Now
But, i was expecting something spectacular at the end though, not just some dudes face getting closer and closer.
kn0ckahh
+98|6729|netherlands, sweet lake city
thats one slow movie
simmy.uk
+117|6428
I'm glad people enjoyed it. I know it could have been better though.

thanks for the feedback
Bozaloshtsh
Не пытай
+39|6498|51:33:24N 01:47:03W
Good vid dude! - bit long though...

My advise on the next one is to work on syncronizing some of the heavy drum-beats with the action on screen more, in tune with some big explosions... - you had an excellent track choice on this one, and would have added some to the vid.  But, all-in-all very good!

8/10

+1
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6571
Nice use of The Doors.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6683
The movie, from my view was bad, here's why:

1. I felt no compasion for any characters because you developed no history for them.
2. A film is supposed to arc, like a book, your movie was ________________________.
3. To show how cruel war can be you dont have to do the entire film in slo-mo.

Go take a film class before you try to make a BF2 film with meaning.

I give it 2/10 because of the pretty shots, it was poor cinematography though, just pretty.
Jim_Bred
+15|6492
+1 Cause that is an amazing song, I love the Doors
Canadian_Sniper_X
+45|6480|Kamloops, BC Canada
I wish that map wasnt so underplayed...
simmy.uk
+117|6428

Superior Mind wrote:

The movie, from my view was bad, here's why:

1. I felt no compasion for any characters because you developed no history for them.
2. A film is supposed to arc, like a book, your movie was ________________________.
3. To show how cruel war can be you dont have to do the entire film in slo-mo.

Go take a film class before you try to make a BF2 film with meaning.

I give it 2/10 because of the pretty shots, it was poor cinematography though, just pretty.
The video is structured and very little is random. Alot of the clips are placed in chronological order. It's hard to make a proper movie with the current software available.
Anyway, thanks for sharing your views.
weird-kid
+2|6568|Middlesbrough, England
Very good, different.
Kind of cinematic, I could imagine that being the end of a film where a squad makes a final stand.

+1
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6683

simmy.uk wrote:

It's hard to make a proper movie with the current software available.
Are you serious? It's called Final Cut Pro, some people edit full length films on it...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard