[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6741|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL

Michael82 wrote:

Hehe didn't even see that flame . Nice one
Hey, tubthumper, yet again you get to decide to whom the flame was aimed, right?

Wow...

Oh, and just so you know, in case you didn't get it...you, sir, are simply a self-absorbed prick...
jnick
+22|6773
Call me what ever you want, I could care less.

I know it's a game, and I play it just as that, a game.

What cracks me up, is all of you guys will jump on us *pilots who actually want a good gunner*, and call us names galore, but yet in a couple of days, one of you guys will report back here saying how you were just playing with some noob who couldn't gun for shit, or some noob who took a jeep of every ramp in the game . . . etc.

You guys will find something to bitch about, but yet when I say something on how I simply don't want smacktard gunners flying with me, you'll call me every name in the book, and tell me it's just a game.

I wonder if I should do a search and see how many complaints there are against "noob tubers", or "tank whores" on karkand . . . hell, even "karkand whores". I'm sure you guys have your opinion on those subject to, and I guarantee that most of you were complaining AGAINST m203 whores.

It's simple, if a gunner sucks, but wants to get good, try playing single player. There are various methods of which you can practice shooting the tv guided missiles, LONG range.

I play this game to have fun. My idea of fun isn't dying every 2 minutes from a SRAW or AA because the gunner is too busy twidling his thumbs.

Everything in this game comes down to logic:

If you aren't an effective gunner, stay out of the seat if being occupied by a GOOD pilot and gunner.
If you can't fly a jet, leave it for someone else, unless no one wants it.
If you don't understand commander mode, practice in single player.

Don't get me wrong, if a smacktard gets the chopper first, I hope he has fun with it. But If I'm piloting, and this same guy keeps jumping in whose flown with me numerous times already and is sucking horribly, while theres 4 people on the pad which are much better than he is, you bet your ass I'm saying "Bail Out".

Last edited by jnick (2005-11-14 12:18:48)

Michael82
+4|6772|Copenhagen, Denmark

jnick wrote:

Call me what ever you want, I could care less.

I know it's a game, and I play it just as that, a game.

What cracks me up, is all of you guys will jump on us *pilots who actually want a good gunner*, and call us names galore, but yet in a couple of days, one of you guys will report back here saying how you were just playing with some noob who couldn't gun for shit, or some noob who took a jeep of every ramp in the game . . . etc.

You guys will find something to bitch about, but yet when I say something on how I simply don't want smacktard gunners flying with me, you'll call me every name in the book, and tell me it's just a game.

I wonder if I should do a search and see how many complaints there are against "noob tubers", or "tank whores" on karkand . . . hell, even "karkand whores". I'm sure you guys have your opinion on those subject to, and I guarantee that most of you were complaining AGAINST m203 whores.

It's simple, if a gunner sucks, but wants to get good, try playing single player. There are various methods of which you can practice shooting the tv guided missiles, LONG range.

I play this game to have fun. My idea of fun isn't dying every 2 minutes from a SRAW or AA because the gunner is too busy twidling his thumbs.

If you aren't an effective gunner, stay out of the seat if being occupied by a GOOD pilot and gunner.

Don't get me wrong, if a smacktard gets the chopper first, I hope he has fun with it. But If I'm piloting, and this same guy keeps jumping in whose flown with me numerous times already and is sucking horribly, while theres 4 people on the pad which are much better than he is, you bet your ass I'm saying "Bail Out".
Thanks for the support. Now i know i'm not all alone

[1stSSF wrote:

=Nuka= ]
Michael82 wrote:
Hehe didn't even see that flame . Nice one

Hey, tubthumper, yet again you get to decide to whom the flame was aimed, right?

Wow...

Oh, and just so you know, in case you didn't get it...you, sir, are simply a self-absorbed prick...
Why thank you . I take pride in it
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6834|Bryan/College Station, TX
Even though this thread is about asking people to bail out...

I wouldn't mind if people actually stayed in my chopper. For some odd reason I often get gunners that don't stay in the chopper while I make my rounds over flag areas either supporting our troops or softening the area for later. They seem to always want to bail out as if they are going to make a difference all by their lonesome on the ground against two or three or more enemy.

I thank my lucky stars when I get a good gunner crew, who all join my squad and communicate over VOIP. I love those games and the experience is second to none. Nothing like a good Transport Chopper turned Gunship crew.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
BladeRunner
+5|6739|UK
...and pilots..when YOU bail out...it would be real swell if you could let your passengers know!

Last edited by BladeRunner (2005-11-14 22:57:43)

thinner44
+1|6800

BladeRunner wrote:

...and pilots..when YOU bail out...it would be real swell if you could let your passengers know!

They do, but often too late..... listen out for "enemy ground spotted"

jnick wrote: I wonder if I should do a search and see how many complaints there are against "noob tubers", or "tank whores" on karkand . . . hell, even "karkand whores". I'm sure you guys have your opinion on those subject to, and I guarantee that most of you were complaining AGAINST m203 whores.

Go right ahead, I think you'll find most of us say, 'it's a game, deal with it'
Michael82

kilroy0097 wrote:

Even though this thread is about asking people to bail out...

I wouldn't mind if people actually stayed in my chopper. For some odd reason I often get gunners that don't stay in the chopper while I make my rounds over flag areas either supporting our troops or softening the area for later. They seem to always want to bail out as if they are going to make a difference all by their lonesome on the ground against two or three or more enemy.

I thank my lucky stars when I get a good gunner crew, who all join my squad and communicate over VOIP. I love those games and the experience is second to none. Nothing like a good Transport Chopper turned Gunship crew.
Hehe i dont want my gunner to jump out, when i fly OVER a flag, but when i hover just over it/next to it or land
Mikaq
+0|6729|Oulu, Finland

jnick wrote:

Hello fellow BF2 players. I have bought my piece of BF2 about month ago. I have been reading these threads now and then. So I finally decided to register and add piece of my mind.

First of all nobody gets good flying/driving/etc by bailing out when they are told to do that. How people can get good at something if they cant practise because some of the 1337 players wants to whor* vehicles. You can train to certain point in single player. And for example helogunning is hard to practise alone. You must admit that sitting on gunnersseat on airfield wont do much

Of course I totally agree that if you fly full black hawk to flag then all passengers should get their asses up and go  to flag, but sometimes I cant understand that pilot start yelling bail out when helo is sky high... I mean it is much effective to land, let people out, take flag, let people in and fly to next flag.

My opinion is that give people fair chance before trying to kill them by low means such as Michael82 described in first post and even crashing delibrately so unwanted passenger dies, that is also kinda low. For example I'm decent helo flyer, but my gunning skills would need some sharpening. Jets are out of question yes I can fly, but shooting that shivers myself.
[SWAM]RobbieE
+0|6778
Hey Michael82,

First, you are NOT a good pilot, an average of just above 2.10 is terrible!! Hey I know, mine is worse but I am not the one saying that I am good!
Second, if you are a good pilot then you can train your gunner in 5 minutes, yes I can do that, you just have to invite him to your squad! But I seriously doubt that you have ever done that!
Third, have you ever considerd that the only reason your friend is a good gunner because he is used to your terrible flying?

Furthermore I would like to point out that I will never ever use a chopper when I see your name written all over it!

One thing I found very strange to read here pplz! Some of you where saying that when you pay for a server you have a say at what is happening, this of course cant be true! Yes it happens that a shity admin starts whining once thet get owned but hey, the harder they whine the better you are doing! But it would be absurd that a paying person has to decide what happens on that server. EA clearly thinks otherwise .

Michael82 wrote:

Hehe i dont want my gunner to jump out, when i fly OVER a flag, but when i hover just over it/next to it or land
An Attack chopper is for support, not for capturing flags!! You are supposed to hunt the enemy tanks and apc's! Not hanging over a flag.

Last edited by [SWAM]RobbieE (2005-11-15 03:35:14)

kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6834|Bryan/College Station, TX

Mikaq wrote:

Of course I totally agree that if you fly full black hawk to flag then all passengers should get their asses up and go  to flag, but sometimes I cant understand that pilot start yelling bail out when helo is sky high... I mean it is much effective to land, let people out, take flag, let people in and fly to next flag.
There are times when landing to take a flag is not an option. Sometimes the LZ is just too hot for this kind of tactic. Better to dustoff in an nearby open location and let the infantry go in on foot and then offer then air support via gunners and circling the flag point. Also you have the chance of spec ops C4ing your chopper or else engineers putting mines on the ground. Either is death to a transport heli. So better safe than sorry. Either bail out at altitude and float in or transfer the LZ to a nearby location. Either way the heli stays in the air with one or two gunners and offers air support.  If the flag capture point isn't cluttered by trees or structures and if the transport heli can hover effectively giving close air support with gunners then yes it can help take a flag but this also puts it in danger of getting a TOW or an AT fired at it. Regardless of the tactic the first thing that should be removed is any Land Transport vehicle and any nearby AA emplacements.

Unforunately its not as simple as landing, disembarking and then re-embarking to the next flag. There are many things to consider as an intelligent transport heli pilot, esspecially later in the game.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
doxy
+74|6781|Nevis

slidero wrote:

I just use my m95.
i love teammates trying to snipe me out, easy one for them, just don't wait for the lift. turn ur chopper asap, so the sniper won't get a clean shot, works pretty fine.
Michael82

[SWAM]RobbieE wrote:

Hey Michael82,

First, you are NOT a good pilot, an average of just above 2.10 is terrible!! Hey I know, mine is worse but I am not the one saying that I am good!
Second, if you are a good pilot then you can train your gunner in 5 minutes, yes I can do that, you just have to invite him to your squad! But I seriously doubt that you have ever done that!
Third, have you ever considerd that the only reason your friend is a good gunner because he is used to your terrible flying?

Furthermore I would like to point out that I will never ever use a chopper when I see your name written all over it!

One thing I found very strange to read here pplz! Some of you where saying that when you pay for a server you have a say at what is happening, this of course cant be true! Yes it happens that a shity admin starts whining once thet get owned but hey, the harder they whine the better you are doing! But it would be absurd that a paying person has to decide what happens on that server. EA clearly thinks otherwise .

Michael82 wrote:

An Attack chopper is for support, not for capturing flags!! You are supposed to hunt the enemy tanks and apc's! Not hanging over a flag.
Sorry, but this is the first post which i can't see the point of. You try to flame me, but fail miserably. I have a 2.1 point income yes, i agree it could get better. But did you ever think that i dont wait to play with helo only? I run around killing as a grunt, as a tankcommander, killing helos with FAV's, capture flags etc.

I'm a well above average pilot who's capable of fighting another helo and forcing them away or make em fight for their lives. I've taken on a plane, helo and AA and fought for around 2 minuts before they took me down. Would have made it if the plane didn't hit me by accident.

And what on Gods green earth do you mean by "train" your gunner? Are you a jedi? Can you telepathically tell your gunner "use TV guided like a pro" and he will? In that case i bow in your precense ohh great jedi.
Using TV guided isn't easy and from my many hours of flying, i find that 1 in 7 (aprox) know how to use TV guided, if not less. I've hovered 10 feet from a grunt on a roof and the schmuck gunner didn't see him. I kept turning the chopper to show him the guy, but he kept looking all around... THE GUY WAS IN A FREAKING CAMO SUIT ON A ROOF! (parden my caps lock).

Conklusion, as a pilot, you CANNOT make a gunner better, the gunner gets better with hours of practice and not 5 minuts.

P.S. I never said i wanted you in my chopper, that way i can save the seat for my friend :p
ChiefCrash
Spawns in front of rockets and bullets
+4|6734
did you try maybe hoppin' on the VOIP and goin' "take out the guy on the roof"?  perhaps hitting that spot button?

Last edited by ChiefCrash (2005-11-16 07:35:55)

earth.citizen
+4|6730|Miami, FL
what is a 1337 pilot?
I see that all the time and I have no idea what that means.
ChiefCrash
Spawns in front of rockets and bullets
+4|6734
7331 = leet == elite
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6800|Marathon, Florida Keys

slidero wrote:

I just use my m95.
M95 FTW!!
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Heretic
+3|6768
1. Your a retard  M82.

2. I have surrendered the gunner seat to many people after they asked nicely.

3. Everytime I did hop out I quickly checked the team scores are the 2 kids that demanded the helo have the highest deaths to kills ratio in the round.  It costs me my life most of the time I do get in the helo becuase alot of kids can't fly anyways. I have not used a helo in about a month and I hate that I can't enjoy the game some times.
jnick
+22|6773
People STILL are missing the point.

I can't speak for Michael but for myself, I DO give them a chance. I DO take them for a free ride in the almighty chopper. For people saying "How do you know they suck" or "Who are you to say they suck". The answer is extremley simple - I SAW there skill when they were flying with me! It's just like getting cut from a sport. When the coach see's which players are good, they're on the team. When he see's who's bad, they're cut. If I see a gunner isn't productive, then I'll let him know so, in a polite manner, and I will ask him to get out so someone who actually is productive can help our team.

For the user said if us "pilots" tell them to get out, than how will they beomcee 1337? It's called single player. Where do you think I started? From DC to BF2, I ALWAYS learned the basics in SP first. I'm not asking the gunner to have 99.999% accuracy. I'm asking for him to be an average or above average gunner. As long as he's shooting moving target's, and killing the main threats, I'll be happy to fly with him agian. But if he's to busy trying to shoot the birdies instead of the guy in the stinger site, SOL.

Also, to the user that said Michael is a horrible pilot as he averages 2.10. I'm assuming he means his ratio? As a pilot, your K/D ratio means jack shit. Your job is to keep the crew of the chopper alive, and to set your gunner's up with as many shots/targets as possible. I rarely kill anything as a pilot, except for other choppers, and the occassional vehicle my gunner misses. Other than that, it's all my gunners game. Pilot's who always go for kills, they're the ones who suck. A gunner can't be effective if the pilot isn't giving him targets.

BR - Any pilot who bails on his crew simple deserves to be shot. As a pilot, in the game, you never bail out of your chopper. Fight to the death . . . at least that's how I see it. If you die, you're team is down two tickets, then you can get back in the chopper, and reap more havok. If you bail, you'll wind up dying from the chopper that shot you down anyway. If you bail, you're gunner will be clueless as to what's happened. The same goes for the medic who leaves his tank to revive someone. Let another teamate do it! Never dismount your tank to revive! Tanks, choppers, and jets make or break the game. The last thing you need is for the enemy to mount your M1 . . . then you're roally screwed.

Maybe now you guys will understand where I'm coming from.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6783

Michael82 wrote:

Am i the only pilot who's SICK and TIRED of people not wanting to get out when you ask them to?

Numerous occations.

Tank: gunner wont get out to let other guy spawn (squad) or to help take flag
Transport: to help get flag
Helo: to help get flag
and my PERSONAL FAVORIT!

Helo: when GOOD gunner wants to fly and a schmuck wants to get frags and don't want to get out.

I fly with my friend B_enjo83 and he's getting PRETTY darn good as a gunner, trusting my flying and hitting 80 - 90% of the time with the TV guided. Even has jet kills with the TV .
Anywho, i can count NUMEROS occations when i take helo, another guy jumps in RIGHT infront of B_enjo83 and WON'T get out when i ask nice (even with team chat).

Even got a rude answer the other day "stfu and fly noob"... i was like WTF?!?!.

W-H-A-T is up with these peeps?
Why won't they let a good duo fly and help team kill enemy like crazy instead of acting nutty? I know it's FFA servers, but CMON!

But anywho, found a neat little trick to deal with those peeps.
For u pilots, if u want a gunner out.

1: fly to edge of map(i play medic when with friend, spec op solo, works more safe with medic)
2: slowly and steadly make it to the edge so u get punished
3: when u reched that range, back SLOWLY back, so u stop getting punished.
4: gunner will now get punished (he's in front of you)
5: gunner dies, you pick up friend.

Lame, but hey, i ask nice first, ask nice second, fix it myself third
Alternatively, you could get out so you and let the guy fly himself.  Maybe, just maybe, he's a better pilot than you.  IF you tk him (however you do it) you're never going to find out.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6783

elbowdeeplove wrote:

[RL]Tarasque wrote:

*add's Micael82 to dumbfuck list*
He's on mine too along with the other billion assholes that think the heli belongs to them and their fudge packing buddy.
As a fudge-packer, I take offence at this remark.  I'm a team player, unlike these guys.
BeefnCheez
+0|6736
I am not claiming to have read all the pages, which indeed i haven’t, but seriously, ppl like Michael should be shot and PUTTing  F**king SMILES IN all You SUBSEQUENT POSTS will NOT make up for your arrogance. PLEASE stop trying to make yourself look better because, in fact, you are just looking more and more like a retard.  On these notes, lock thes thread with the retard lock please. *Insert retard smiley*
jnick
+22|6773

BeefnCheez wrote:

I am not claiming to have read all the pages, which indeed i haven’t, but seriously, ppl like Michael should be shot and PUTTing  F**king SMILES IN all You SUBSEQUENT POSTS will NOT make up for your arrogance. PLEASE stop trying to make yourself look better because, in fact, you are just looking more and more like a retard.  On these notes, lock thes thread with the retard lock please. *Insert retard smiley*
No offense, but ^^^ shows your ignorance. There's a rule of the English language called grammar. Use it.

Oh and FYI Mr (!), smilies make the world a better place.

<-- They're just that damned cute!!

Last edited by jnick (2005-11-16 15:34:57)

Vmann
+0|6728|South Korea
I was playing on a Chines server last night fling a cobra and my joystick stopped responding I told the gunner to get out and then I bailed, he didn't get out and died. Not only did he punish me for a team kill, he initiated a vote to have me kicked from the server. I wasn't kicked, but what's up with that anyways? I tod him to bail but he didn't so it's his fault he died.
Mikaq
+0|6729|Oulu, Finland

jnick wrote:

For the user said if us "pilots" tell them to get out, than how will they beomcee 1337? It's called single player. Where do you think I started? From DC to BF2, I ALWAYS learned the basics in SP first. I'm not asking the gunner to have 99.999% accuracy. I'm asking for him to be an average or above average gunner. As long as he's shooting moving target's, and killing the main threats, I'll be happy to fly with him agian. But if he's to busy trying to shoot the birdies instead of the guy in the stinger site, SOL.
Well this is good point. You can learn and practise flying SP, but it is hard to practise gunnery skill. Why? because I dont think bot pilots are that good. So I ask again, how can you become better gunner if pilot acts like retard and tell you bail out or even kills you by crashing helo. Most of the time when I play I cant get even near untouched helo. Couple times I have been even killed trying to reach helo.

So I hope people can see this point too. I dont have anything against good helo pilots/gunners, but for crying out loud give sometimes other chance to fly with good pilot or gunner.

Last edited by Mikaq (2005-11-17 05:22:31)

Metaltop
+1|6754|The Netherlands
I find it more irritating when a gunner isn't shooting.
Or when the gunner is only asking stuff like:

<gunner>: How do you fly that good?
<[PIB]Metaltop>Just shoot your gun
<gunner>: But how do you fly that good?
<[PIB]Metaltop>With my keyboard and mouse
<gunner>: But how?
<[PIB]Metaltop>Please shut up and kill that enemy heli.

Please people,, ask these things while we are on the ground, flying and typing isn't my favorite thing to do.
While in battle, use your gun and shoot the enemy.

This message was sponsored by me.

Last edited by Metaltop (2005-11-17 05:22:48)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard