RogueSoljah
+4|6495|GoldCoast.au
Desert Siege brings the best of all areas of bf2 into on map pack puttin the US against the MEC/ Terrorists in Iraq and other middle eastern locationsand and we need your help.

we require some eager and experienced mappers for this map pack, as we would like to get this finished sooner, therefore we need some more mappers.

Three or more new maps with the new Armored Fury and Special forces vehicles , everything will work, and legal as you NEED TO PURCHASE Armored Fury (form ea downloader) AND Special Forces to see all content, to map for the project and play it.

so if you have a good knowledge of bf2 mapping and are interested please send an email

half the maps have been designed just need some more people to get this done faster (multiple maps)
map list as of now:

1. Bandare Langeh Airfield     (actual airfield US had some misfortune with)
2. Mogadishu (the Moge) a.k.a Black Hawk Down     (the actual location / already seen interest in making this one)
3. On Route to Karkand     (tank/chopa battle just south of karkand / would join onto official map)
4. Road Block Duty    ( inspired by OVER * THERE)
5. possible 5th map
6. will see if we might add more in updates
(bf2 conversions)
7. Mashtuur City - replaced transport choppers with scout choppers
8. Gulf of Oman - replaced one f35b with a-10 and a uh-60 with littlebird / replaced su 34 with af mec bomber
9. Zatar Wetlands - replace one jet on iether side with a10/mec equivalent and cobre with apache

Basically a truce Armored Fury experience in the middle east

if would like to participate i would be glad to hear form you asap please email me

Last edited by RogueSoljah (2006-09-21 20:23:58)

Samuroo
+5|6435
I have no experience mapping but I'll play them when they're done. Have a karma. Oops sorry...apparently I don't have enough posts to hand out karma...oh well, the thought is there.

Last edited by Samuroo (2006-09-20 19:14:23)

oberst_enzian
+234|6743|melb.au
yeah, i'd help if i could as i think that would be cool, but my mapping experience is solely limited to hammer/valve (and i'm not sure i have the time anyway, tbh). would be happy to playtest!
good luck - i'll give you a karma point on samuroo's behalf
RogueSoljah
+4|6495|GoldCoast.au
Update #1 : custom billboards
https://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2214/billboardskn2.jpg

thanks for the karma boys, you can come play test once its at a decent stage , already doing pleantly of that, to make sure all vehicles work, buidlings, billboards, and level size, i think that Bandare airfield its just about ready to really get some work done will post updates for all. would like to get a website up if some one could hepl in that department

Last edited by RogueSoljah (2006-09-21 05:03:06)

dislexiclawyer
+11|6444|Missouri
Do you think you could modify some of the normal BF2 maps to use Armored Fury vehicles? The Mogadishu level sounds fun too
RogueSoljah
+4|6495|GoldCoast.au
sure, that's how i figured it all out, what you have in mind ? i might be able to pull it off

Last edited by RogueSoljah (2006-09-21 16:52:05)

oberst_enzian
+234|6743|melb.au

dislexiclawyer wrote:

Do you think you could modify some of the normal BF2 maps to use Armored Fury vehicles? The Mogadishu level sounds fun too
citizen one did this in her 'how to modify levels to your taste' thread (in featured posts) - there's a pic of a littlebird over the karkand hotel, which looks like heaps of fun...

https://img212.imageshack.us/img212/7479/screen4913pp.png

i reckon mashtuur with recon choppers instead of transports would be cool too

edited the image in

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-09-21 18:49:33)

dislexiclawyer
+11|6444|Missouri

oberst_enzian wrote:

citizen one did this in her 'how to modify levels to your taste' thread (in featured posts) - there's a pic of a littlebird over the karkand hotel, which looks like heaps of fun... i reckon mashtuur with recon choppers instead of transports would be cool too
I will have to check that thread out. I think both Karkand and Mashtuur would be awesome to have the scout choppers in.
RogueSoljah
+4|6495|GoldCoast.au
ok, both scout choppers have been added to mashturr , only took 2 mins.

putting together a little package and your boys will have the first release for Desert Siege

]https://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9593/bf22006092210214631yq5.jpg

Last edited by RogueSoljah (2006-09-21 17:26:23)

dislexiclawyer
+11|6444|Missouri
I just thought of something. Would it be possible to add a seat in the choppers? I think it would be cool if the scout  chopper could hold another person in the cockpit and if the blackhawk could hold an extra person in the back and possiblly another in its cockpit too. Let me kow if these are just dumb ideas or if it would be too hard to do.
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6593|Lexington, Kentucky

dislexiclawyer wrote:

I just thought of something. Would it be possible to add a seat in the choppers? I think it would be cool if the scout  chopper could hold another person in the cockpit and if the blackhawk could hold an extra person in the back and possiblly another in its cockpit too. Let me kow if these are just dumb ideas or if it would be too hard to do.
Yeah, I think PoE did that too. Adds to realism, having a co-pilot.
RogueSoljah
+4|6495|GoldCoast.au
you can do it for sure , its just code, im just not sure oh how to go about ti

if there someone that does please add a player seat to all transport choopers co-pilot seats

and youll be on the ds team.

Last edited by RogueSoljah (2006-09-21 17:51:54)

oberst_enzian
+234|6743|melb.au
that would mean changing the actual models themselves, rather than just map editing
dislexiclawyer
+11|6444|Missouri

oberst_enzian wrote:

that would mean changing the actual models themselves, rather than just map editing
Well then mabye it shouldn't be done, to keep with simplicity? I did find this though: http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/Vi … rials.List i guess it is a bunch of downloads on how to mod bf2.
oberst_enzian
+234|6743|melb.au
well, another thing to consider is whether it would be possible to poach models from other mods (with that mods team's permission). for example, the hinds from PoE2 which kick ass over the hinds in SF. that would just mean that people running these maps would also have to have PoE2 installed, which everyone should have anyway, because it kicks ass.
Samuroo
+5|6435
Wow! Little birds in Mashtuur!!! That rocks.
dislexiclawyer
+11|6444|Missouri

oberst_enzian wrote:

well, another thing to consider is whether it would be possible to poach models from other mods (with that mods team's permission). for example, the hinds from PoE2 which kick ass over the hinds in SF. that would just mean that people running these maps would also have to have PoE2 installed, which everyone should have anyway, because it kicks ass.
I think it should be just BF2 vehicles, plus I uninstalled POE and I don't want to install it again
oberst_enzian
+234|6743|melb.au
oh well, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. this thread has got me interested in the bf2 editor again, however... i think i might try and whack something together myself next week. i'm thinking usmc (vanilla) vs insurgents (sf) with a littlebird (af)....
RogueSoljah
+4|6495|GoldCoast.au
ok package is finished , pm or email me if you want to download first release, i just put scout chopers in mashtuur city,

you do need af to play, and you will need to copy and paste the booster content from mods/bf2 folder into the ds mod folder one you've unzipped it

pm / email me and i will give you a download link and password. (dont want this to go public just yet)

**** ONLY 8.52 mbs ****

Last edited by RogueSoljah (2006-09-21 19:45:30)

Samuroo
+5|6435
So I often just go singleplayer for practice...how do I add a littlebird to any given map? For instance, say I want to replace the attack chopper on 16player Dalian Plant. I tried reading the thread that was referred to but it's a bit beyond me right now...I've never tried editing.
Samuroo
+5|6435
OK...I figured out how to substitute vehicles etc. But it won't let me save the files. Does the server file need to be unzipped, edited, saved, then rezipped for it to work?

EDIT: Nope, still won't let me save it. How do I save the changes? Do I need a special program to allow me to edit?

Last edited by Samuroo (2006-09-21 19:39:20)

RogueSoljah
+4|6495|GoldCoast.au
right-click you levels folder then properties and un-tick read only that will fix it, also read the pm i sent u

Last edited by RogueSoljah (2006-09-21 19:42:34)

dislexiclawyer
+11|6444|Missouri
Thanks for the download. I will download and install in 45 mins because I just downloaded a MGS4 trailer and aparently I have to wait 45 mins if I am not a member. I will let you know how it goes, it will most likely be tomorrow though. Do you want me to report any glitches I come across and things of that nature?
RogueSoljah
+4|6495|GoldCoast.au
sure i do, but there shouldnt be any. its just porting over a vehicle form af so if you do everything right , copy and paste the right things in the right place you shouldnt have a prob

and its only a 60 second wait for download for the free download

also are there alot of people with AF and SF ? as you will need both for some maps, and just AF for others

does anyone have stats on how many people own each xpack/bpack ?

Last edited by RogueSoljah (2006-09-21 20:26:02)

dislexiclawyer
+11|6444|Missouri
I only own AF. I would get Special Forces but I don't really want to, seeing as 2142 is coming out soon and I don't know how many ppl will stay w/ BF2. Plus that is $20 I don't want to spend. I hear it is fun and all but I don't know if I should spend the money or not, especially for the main purpose of playing this mod.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard