bruisehound
+14|6750
The graphics are 10 years behind, the gameplay is repetitive, the level design is atrocious, and there are only two types of enemy, so why does this game deserve its own CNN article? (http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/09/ … index.html)

Because it's called "The Night of Bush Capturing." That's why.

Yes, it's exactly what you think it is. In this low-tech first person shooter produced by the Global Islamic Media Front, you fight your way through an "American Camp" in the desert, using up to four different guns in your quest to find and kill President George W. Bush.

Trying to stop you are hordes of identical soldiers, who have the nasty trick of being placed around corners so as to ambush you. Luckily, it seems that the Americans have only three different weapons, and can't see any further than 50 feet. Using the advantages of long-distance vision (aided by the zoom on your AR-18), and Allah you can cut them down in droves.

But sometimes, even when you've killed all the infidels, you can't get out of the level. One stage goes in an endless loop with no door out, and another has a room so dark that you can't see whatever it is you need to escape. I got lost in there for five minutes before I restarted. Beyond these unique features, the level design is basically old-school Doom: Kill enemies, find the blue key, use blue key to open door, revealing more (identical) enemies and the gold key...

The real kicker in this game is the music...although I'm not sure that jihadi Islam counts this as music, because music is sinful, and this is just high-energy arabic chanting punctuated by horse neighing, thunder and gunshots. Anyway, I like the chanting. Probably because I don't know what it says...

The final battle with Bush in stage 6, "Bush hunted like a Rat," is quite disappointing. Beyond the fact that he's shorter, has more hit points, and looks a bit more like Bush, he's no different than the rest of the soldiers, and he is not very challenging. You can probably finish him off in four grenade launcher hits. The room you fight him in, however, has the rather disturbing feature of being plastered with posters of Bush and Blair shaking hands with Nur al-Maliki, who was at one point poised to become PM of Iraq.

Overall, "The Night of Bush Capturing," the first game from the Global Islamic Media Front, is very weak. However, you can finish it in about 2 hours (if you use the beginning-of-level saves included with the game to get past the two impossible stages). Furthermore, the bizarre dislocating feeling of playing through the OTHER guy's hyperviolent fantasy is well worth the time spent. That is, if you didn't have to spend the several hours I did trying to find a download on the web. You can get the game here (http://www.megashare.com/49687) at a skeezy download site. I do not promise that the download is virus free, but it hasn't hurt my computer yet - and I've already had it for four hours.

The Islamic anti-American movement will have to make better games if they hope to persuade the emerging Muslim gamer market to rise up against us. On the other hand, we could probably win the War on Terror in a week if we sent our guys a couple of crates of eyeglasses.
First_and_Only
+4|6546|ON, Canada
right u have fun with that
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6714|The Island of Carls Jr.
Lol. Thats the best they got? They cant even make great videogames about their little Anti-US fantasies. Maybe thats why dozens of them are shredded for every guy we lose. ZOMG NO0BZ!11!!1
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
I take no offense to this whatsoever. I've sent many virtual Muslims to their 72 virgins.
negolien
+3|6465
I love the idea of people DLing a game from terrorists lol. I'm suree the govn. wouldn't say slip in any keyloggers or track those that DL such a game /wink LOL.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6701|Peoria, Illinois
Maybe if they're all playing video games like that then they're having too much fun to want to go out and do it for real. BF2 keeps me from doing things that I normally would if I had nothing else to do. Hell, all the jihadists over there should get BF2 and then play agaisnt us online to release their agression. We'll be the USMC and they can be the MEC.

Last edited by M1-Lightning (2006-09-20 10:19:18)

mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6733|d
every1 knows bush is an idiot, so why not kill him, just for fun.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6679|Wilmington, DE, US

mafia996630 wrote:

every1 knows bush is an idiot, so why not kill him, just for fun.
BRB FBI
Jusster
Pimpin aint Easy
+11|6447|H-Town

M1-Lightning wrote:

Maybe if they're all playing video games like that then they're having too much fun to want to go out and do it for real. BF2 keeps me from doing things that I normally would if I had nothing else to do. Hell, all the jihadists over there should get BF2 and then play agaisnt us online to release their agression. We'll be the USMC and they can be the MEC.
Now thats a great idea

Jusster
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6649|Denver, CO

bruisehound wrote:

so why does this game deserve its own CNN article? (http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/09/ … index.html)

Because it's called "The Night of Bush Capturing." That's why.
That and we're the biggest hippocritical nation in the universe... we are the self proclaimed god's will... the self proclaimed ruler of the universe... we know what is best for everyone... and we can do things others cannot because we know how to handle these things where as they do not...

i've seen this somewhere before... more than once... hmm... could it be WORLD HISTORY 101 ...

over and over...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard