ShibbyDPHS
+3|6425
Well my dad happens to come in my room and watch me play a little BF2 for like 3 minutes, no biggie. I'm on teamspeak with lemon and tell him that the Marines are going to the Lake (playing jalalabad). My dad starts freaking out about Middle Eastern Coalition killing Americans (I was on MEC dominating all with the G36E)...

I tell him that its just a "video game" and its not even real. I guess he wont let me play anymore even if I "only play on US"..... I got like 580 hours and up till now its been OK....but now its a big deal....

Can anyone figure out a valid arguement  that its not "un-american" to play a fricken video game, sometimes being on MEC/China and killing a USMC guy....

This is really weak....

Last edited by ShibbyDPHS (2006-09-18 18:32:25)

Master*
Banned
+416|6487|United States
Lmao!
BMW330i
Banned
+20|6455|Montreal, Canada
your father is a fucking idiot.
Master*
Banned
+416|6487|United States
will he let u steal the MEC's kits? so u can use their weapons cause i would hate to never be able to use athe ak101 or rpk anymore. the chinese weapons im would be alright not using if that ever happened to me.

unless i played russian or rebels that is

Last edited by Masterstyle (2006-09-18 18:14:51)

jamriche
+0|6463
That sucks man, I had a friend like this as well where he only plays USMC and if he starts off on either MEC or PLA he tries to switch to USMC or leaves for another server; I don't understand it myself.  Good luck dealing with you dad.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6743|Chicago.
Wow, its just a game. Let him know that.

Did he ever get into video games as a teenager?

Example: Perhaps he liked Mario. I'd be like: "Would your father have made you stop playing Super Mario because you can use a turtle's shell to hit people?"
doc. josh
+48|6537
play euro force that way no americas die
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6743|Chicago.

doc. josh wrote:

play euro force that way no americas die
lol, will he let you shoot up French soldiers?
The#1Spot
+105|6532|byah
tell him that this happens in real life americans die in battle when defending for their country and also tell him that he is a moron for not allowing you to play a rated T games. Does he drink or smoke? if not your dad is wack cause i can understand the drug problem thing.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

Tell your dad to take a hike.
Darky
Hi..
+71|6554|Here.

BMW330i wrote:

your father is a fucking idiot.
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6583|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

ShibbyDPHS wrote:

Well my dad happens to come in my room and watch me play a little BF2 for like 3 minutes, no biggie. I'm on teamspeak with lemon and tell him that the Marines are going to the Lake (playing jalalabad). My dad starts freaking out about Middle Eastern Coalition killing Americans (I was on MEC dominating all with the G36E)...

I tell him that its just a "video game" and its not even real. I guess he wont let me play anymore even if I "only play on US"..... I got like 580 hours and up till now its been OK....but now its a big deal....

Can anyone figure out a valid argue that its not "un-american" to play a fricken video game, sometimes being on MEC/China and killing a USMC guy....

This is really weak....
Umm.. Use the AK-101...
san4
The Mas
+311|6680|NYC, a place to live
Explain that the US will never understand middle easterners until we walk a mile in their shoes and tell him that is what you are doing. 
Master*
Banned
+416|6487|United States

BabySpinach wrote:

ShibbyDPHS wrote:

Can anyone figure out a valid argue that its not "un-american" to play a fricken video game, sometimes being on MEC/China and killing a USMC guy....

This is really weak....
Umm.. Use the AK-101...
he cant, thats why i asked if he could take the MEC's kit and use the AK
colt.45
I use air hacks.
+25|6467|B.C Canada
i know how you feel man, a few weeks back when school started my parents took the disc from me and snapped it because they said i was playing too much(only played 300hrs and had the game for over 5months)they didnt care about who i was killing but man it was rough.
ShibbyDPHS
+3|6425

The#1Spot wrote:

tell him that this happens in real life americans die in battle when defending for their country and also tell him that he is a moron for not allowing you to play a rated T games. Does he drink or smoke? if not your dad is wack cause i can understand the drug problem thing.
no on drinking or drugs lol.....

but yeah i  might need a little man to man honest, no bullshit talk
jimbo21
+11|6644
u can tell him your a double agent and go arournd tk-ing everbody on your team
JovesApples
+4|6445|USA
so funny.... lol

i know it must suck to have such rednecks for parents,

me, i wouldnt let my ex girlfriends kids play GTA Vice City for the over the top drugs and prostitution, which was probably rough cause i loved that game... lol

i dunno what to say to your dad, but if he beleives they are fighting and dying for freedom, why is his part in the battle to stop his kid enjoying a video game?

show him America's Army, cant you play MEC or something like it in that game, and its MADE by the Army, right?

someone has to play the bad guy for it to work, whats he expect? Battlefield 1960's, where you can play the US National Guard on such maps as Ohio State University or everyones favorite: Alabama? the bad guys can be those pesky College Students, or Black Protesters...

lmao
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6529|Search Whore killing fields
Atleast you didnt say "Im gonna fucking jihad into that mother fucking tank"
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6713|Sydney, Australia
Just don't let him see that spoof 'Jihad recruitment video' made using BF2

Too bad for ya man. Hope your dad will "come around" and let you get back to the battlefield.

Mcminty.
Phrozenbot
+632|6608|do not disturb

It's what you get for using the G36E.
Reciprocity
+721|6573|the dank(super) side of Oregon
I would get off the compound.  Is your Dad a proud, card carrying member of the Michingan Militia?  Does he consider Charlton Heston to be his president?  Does he believe Bill O'Reilly is the voice of god on earth?  If yes to any of these, run.  It's a fucking game.
ShibbyDPHS
+3|6425

Hellogoodsir wrote:

It's what you get for using the G36E.
Damn. >_<
J3ST3R
+59|6506|Vancouver, Canada
Alright heres my idea... You walk up to him look him in the eye and say "I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR SHIT BITCH I'LL JIHAD TANKS AS MUCH AS I FUCKIN WANT" and then smack him hopefully you don't get beat with a toaster
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6682|Tampa Bay Florida
So he has no problem with you shooting at MEC, but if MEC shoots at USMC he has a problem with it?  Or is he against violence in general?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard