Poll

Has your interest in 2142 gone up since the beta?

Yes27%27% - 47
No31%31% - 55
Hasn't Changed19%19% - 34
Wasn't Interested In The First Place21%21% - 38
Total: 174
lendll
+16|6431
My interest in the game has increased. The fact that'll there might be a greater need for squadwork (hence, more
squadwork) is exciting:p
Volatile
+252|6702|Sextupling in Empire

Game is very balanced

Using titans as moveable spawn points and then flying down in a pods is great fun.

I would argue that it is more fastly paced than BF2

Vehicles will require skill as they are easily eliminated

Point system is better

More ranks and unlocks(yeah, yeah I know, some of the unlocks are things you should have at the begining -defibrillator, nades, etc.)

Different feel than BF2

I would say yes, but the constant lost connections and server crashes makes me cautious. If these have been eliminated in the open demo then its game on!
[[[@lph@]]]_Templar
+20|6455|UK
In the beta though it was only one point for getting a kill, do u think it should be 2pts for every kill like in bf2? or do u reckon the 1pt per kill was only applicable to the beta?

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

some of the unlocks are things you should have at the begining -defibrillator, nades, etc.)
I disagree with this statement, because i feel it helps to customize ur soldier more. If every1 had grenades then they be spammin the titan corridors not stop....and do u know how hard they r to see?

The part about the CTD and lost connections, is only because its a beta.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51
Uuuh, help me out, here do you say that again?
Damn must have lost it..
Crap, can't remember it...

Owh yeah now I remember:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Good day
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6544|Doncaster, UK
The 1 point kill is an incentive to work as a team, follow orders, and get more points for your kills.

Lonewolf all day and your scores gonna crawl up.
[[[@lph@]]]_Templar
+20|6455|UK
Ahhh i see, that works well. And so we get teamwork points for following orders and moving to the designated area?
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6544|Doncaster, UK
Once an order is given, say to defend a spot, you get extra points for kills and teamwork actions.
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6638|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
mine has decreased, unfortunatly, just not as fun as i thought it would be
Nintendogamer
+72|6585|Chelmsford, UK
can't wait, this game can't come soon enough.
stef10
+173|6480|Denmark
I do not think, that I am gonna get this game after all. Seems a bit bad in some way. No, now I want real war experience, that is why I am alomost certain, that I am buying Armed Assault.
Simon Moon
+13|6668|Canada
The best way to know if you like it or not is to wait for the demo and play that. This will be pretty much the final game, and if you have fun playing that you will love the full version.

I already got hooked in the beta and cant wait for the release.
stef10
+173|6480|Denmark
Well actually at this point I am getting pretty tired of war games, that are looking like each other.
So that is the reason why, I have chosen a 100% realistic war simulation game.
[[[@lph@]]]_Templar
+20|6455|UK
Can u actaully have a 100% realistic game? Some how i dnt think so, there's way too many factors and varibales that u have to take into account.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6688|Tampa Bay Florida
America's Army is pretty damn close, as far as infantry combat comes to, wouldn't some of you agree?  Takes 3 seconds to go prone, 5 seconds to stand up, 1-2 shots to kill, you run at 2 mph, etc.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6529
After playing hte beat I dont really want anything to do with that game unless their going to overhaul it until hte demo and release.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard