MrKamikaze
+10|6655|East
recently i haven't been able to play BF2 because of my connection. my modem and internet is fine, but for some reason its not in BF2. either when i finish loading the server or right after i get in i get disconnected and it says I Lost Connection to the Server. my ping is wicked high if i get in and i lag like crazy for the time im in. i don't know why this is happeneing, i don't have any backround tasks or programs running, i did most of those lag reduction tweaks and it's not blocked by any firewall. BF2 worked perfectly up until today when it started this randomly. it's rly annoying and if you know how to fix it pls let me know!
T4rd
+44|6690|West Point, NY
You cant find any servers at all that have a low ping?
--->[Your]Phobia<---
+35|6770|UK - England
HI, I found this link.. I think you have the same problem.. There is a soloution here.
[Wildcard]DaMaverick
+4|6501|Near the sky
Hi,

Just check your settings for yuor connnection in BF2 - Sometimes it goes back to T1 ( RAC ) by itself !!
Put it on "ADSL - Cable" and check if it's better.
A ciao
MrKamikaze
+10|6655|East
You cant find any servers at all that have a low ping? -nope, my ping is about 130 on every server i join

Just check your settings for yuor connnection in BF2 - Sometimes it goes back to T1 ( RAC ) by itself !!
Put it on "ADSL - Cable" and check if it's better. - i changed it from T1 LAN to 266mbps cable but nothing changed

HI, I found this link.. I think you have the same problem.. There is a soloution here. - i tried updating PB and no luck

im gonna try reinstalling BF2, will update
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6508|Sydney, Australia
If it just started happening today then maybe System Restore. Has anything changed on your computer since yesterday? Internet settings, firewall settings, local settings etc?
MrKamikaze
+10|6655|East

Vub wrote:

If it just started happening today then maybe System Restore. Has anything changed on your computer since yesterday? Internet settings, firewall settings, local settings etc?
nope, it started last weekend randomly (i think) but im installing BF2 again right now. if it isnt fixed ill try deleting all except latest system restore points..i did find that my internet connection was firewalled by stupid windows security center, but after i disabled it there still wasnt a difference. i dont think there were any major changes on my comp to cause this..idk tho =\
[Wildcard]DaMaverick
+4|6501|Near the sky
Hi,

Exactly the same problem here ! And no changes on my PC .
I think about punkbuster but not sure !
MrKamikaze
+10|6655|East
argh..i got 2142 and its doing the same thing in that xD
Turtle
+7|6771|Boulder, CO
Try power cycling your modem and router? Ping a few sites and compare ping times. Try pinging the server IP you're lagging on, see if they match up, or are close.
MrKamikaze
+10|6655|East

Turtle wrote:

Try power cycling your modem and router? Ping a few sites and compare ping times. Try pinging the server IP you're lagging on, see if they match up, or are close.
wh..wha? sry im a n00b

idk what power cycling is or pinging stuff

but its not just one server, its just about everyone, and it only happens to me in BF2 and BF2142
Turtle
+7|6771|Boulder, CO

MrKamikaze wrote:

Turtle wrote:

wh..wha? sry im a n00b

but its not just one server, its just about everyone, and it only happens to me in BF2 and BF2142
Power cycling basically is just forcing your modem to get a new IP address. To do so, unplug it and your router from their power source for about 30 secs. Then plug the router in, let it initialize and plug the modem in. To ping open a DOS command prompt. Start>run type in cmd. To ping just type ping "IP Address/hostname" ex. ping 127.0.0.1 otherwise known as loopback. If you do the previous command you should see 4 replies of under 1ms. If you don't your NIC (Network Interface Card) is having troubles and probably needs replacing.
Use the same syntax to ping an IP address for a server you're having lag troubles with. If your ping times are as high here as inside the game it's a possible problem with your ISP. Otherwise contact tech support.
You can also do a 'ping -t' followed by an IP to continuously ping the IP to see if it fluctuates. To cancel hit ctrl+c.
MrKamikaze
+10|6655|East

Turtle wrote:

MrKamikaze wrote:

Turtle wrote:

wh..wha? sry im a n00b

Power cycling basically is just forcing your modem to get a new IP address. To do so, unplug it and your router from their power source for about 30 secs. Then plug the router in, let it initialize and plug the modem in. To ping open a DOS command prompt. Start>run type in cmd. To ping just type ping "IP Address/hostname" ex. ping 127.0.0.1 otherwise known as loopback. If you do the previous command you should see 4 replies of under 1ms. If you don't your NIC (Network Interface Card) is having troubles and probably needs replacing.
Use the same syntax to ping an IP address for a server you're having lag troubles with. If your ping times are as high here as inside the game it's a possible problem with your ISP. Otherwise contact tech support.
You can also do a 'ping -t' followed by an IP to continuously ping the IP to see if it fluctuates. To cancel hit ctrl+c.
ok well cycling didn work and i tried the ping thing but didnt rly understand the results, so i attached a screenie. thx for the help turtle.

https://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r239/MrKamikaze6392/results.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard