E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6690|UK
Recently, whenever I play something in windows media player or something streams off a site using WMP, my sound (usually my music) goes all funny like a CD when its a bit dirty and it skips and goes faster. The same happens when Ive got teamspeak open.

I dont know why this happens, if anyone could tell me why, I'd be more than greateful,
Darkfire
Helping you help yourself
+34|6479| Texas
try switching to iTunes or some other media player and see if that makes a difference

other than that i really have no idea
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6569|NYC / Hamburg

how is your cpu useage (maybe your are somehow stressing it to 100% and therefore it cannot decode fast enough). heve you tried playing any uncompressed sounds (wave files)?. what are your system specs?
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

Post ur sound card info ...
xXGamingBugXx
+30|6544
This happened to me, WMP is getting bottlenecked, or you need to update sound driver. I updated my sound driver and it was fine
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6690|UK

xXGamingBugXx wrote:

This happened to me, WMP is getting bottlenecked, or you need to update sound driver. I updated my sound driver and it was fine
Alright thanks. I'll do that then.

But for those interested

AMD 64 3500
1gb ram

I'm using the Nforce 4 sli mobo with the stock inbuilt sound
xXGamingBugXx
+30|6544
Same mobo as me
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6600|Cheshire. UK
i would do a quick virus and spyware check too...something is hogging you bandwidth !!
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6690|UK
I've done this and I'm still getting problems.

It's getting really annoying. It seems when more than two sounds are playing from different sources it goes funny - for example, with teamspeak open and connect it my music will go scrambled. Streaming a video in WMP, same will happen.

edit: when i play something in limewire and itunes at the same time it works fine, just seems to be a problem with everything else

edit 2:

reading on something on itunes 7:

# Music often becomes jerky or distorted during playback
# Music becomes distorted when switching to another application in the Mac version

maybe that has something to do with it.

Last edited by E7IX3R (2006-09-18 18:10:04)

jamriche
+0|6473
Don't know if this has been mentioned above, but it could be a driver problem.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard