BurlySmurf
+1|6753|Nellis AFB
This has to be the most annoying thing ever. If I jump ONCE to avoid your fucking anti tank missile or m203 round how the hell is that bunny hopping? Or if you turn a corner and an engineer is there with a shotgun waiting?

I think the hopping thing has gotten so out of hand if you jump once people start screaming "bunny!"

*sigh* I feel a little better now. Back to finishing my vet badges.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6768|Human Meat Shield
It's because you kill them, they think they are supposed to kill you instead and get 50 kills a game and no deaths (isn't this why we play). Kill or be Killed. I say good job. I dont' like people that have those 50 kills and 4 deaths and call you cheap/cheater/n00b or whatever.
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6779|Alabama Coast, USA
I jump myself a fair bit...  but I wouldn't think enough that it looks like I pack a pogo stick in my kit.  Mostly when trying to cross ground that I *know* is covered by a sniper, or someone else at range...  I don't think I hardly ever jump while firing a weapon.

Oh... and when using a knife, I think I tend to jump.
RasorX
+17|6742|Indianapolis
For the longest time starting out playing this game, whenever i was startled i would instinctively hit the spacebar, seem natural to jump out of the way of danger.  But i eventually stopped, yeah people accusing you of bunnyhopping after one jump can get annoying. I personally found jumping didnt do much against a 203/30, but i love when people try and AT rocket me and i just jump over it then give them a lead sandwich.  A tactic i find much more effective and even realistic is the zigzag. Just run /\/\/\/\/\ but irregularly, you'll be much harder to hit than any bunnyhopper.  Running away from an apc i once made it an easy 150 yards to safety, why he didnt move in i'll never know.
193d Klink
+0|6743
I will do the one jump to try and avoid those shots as well.  Or jump once I get near a corner of a building. 
That's not bunny hopping what-so-ever.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6812
Jumping is fine, jumping lying down, jumping turning, lying down jumping and spraying is fucked.
Bravery
+-1|6768
Superman Bunnyhopping + C4 Tossing instant explode ftw.
Instant Cereal
+0|6742
I admit I jump, too. If there are .50cal bullets and rockets flying by me or a shotgun pointed in my face, you better believe I'm going to do everything in my power to make my death a hard kill. The jumping and proning bugs me though. It's insanely difficult to score a hit on people while they do that, especially up close. I think it's called dolphin-diving. Anyone else hear or see that phrase?

Jumping is expected though. I don't want BF2 to have Unreal Tourny, Quake, or deathmatch kind of jumping, that schtuff gets redundant. But I mean... it's a natural reaction and besides, if you can do it, then everyone can. Adapt and overcome; don't complain and cry foul. Until EA adds a little more restriction to jumping, which I hope they do, it's fair game.

Last edited by Instant Cereal (2005-11-12 23:21:07)

DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6763
i will start jumping when my primary weapon is empty and i have to revert to the pistol. it's like people want you to surrender and give them a cheap kill. Fuck no, i'm not going down without a fight,  why would i stand still when its my water pistol against your AK?

the dolphin diving is rather annoying, especially the people that do it with the pump shottie or the dao 12, they are pretty much impossible to hit

Last edited by DeltaForceWarrior (2005-11-14 20:22:49)

FSFGrimes
+1|6740
Jumping to avoid danger is instictive and helps alot vs AT rockets. The GP30/m203 is the absolute most annoying aspect of bunny hoping. The ought to make it impossible to fire while in the air or give the nades a little more splash damage so you would be more likly to hurt yourself. Would you live if you fired one of those at a wall 10 ft away. I doubt you would be totally unhurt.
[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6749|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL
Hey, everyone jumps, i think...it's when you look like a bunny-ranger, hopping around all over, missing completely, that I'll get a bit annoyed and comment...but only after I've made sure you were not going to be a threat...I'll likely say something like, "Jump all you want...I'll kill you more!"
[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6749|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL
The problem with bunny-hopping, IMHO, is that it tends to take advantage of a glitch...since there is no stamina penalty and the aim mechanics don't change when you jump, it's essentially the fault of Dice. Unfortunately, many folks have decided to take full advantage.

What I've learned over time is that, unless they are very accomplished, I can take 'em down simply by standing still and aiming. The only folks I can't defeat regularly are the bunny-hopping SpecOps throwing C4 like it's candy. I figure if you're stupid enough to suicide to kill me (it's not like I'm a hard kill...), by all means, earn your silly little badge.

I hope my team will be the one who shows teamwork and determination. You can have your 100+ point game and we'll take the win, ok?
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6806
Well...the problem is that now the downside of all the complaints over here and on other forums about the "bunny-hopping" starts. You only need to jump once when being fired at and you're getting called a bunny-hopper. That's just about the same BS bunny-hopping is...
n1nj41c l337ne55
+1|6743|Pittsburgh, Virginia lol
I dont have much of a problem with bunny hopping. It screws your aim to hell anyway. And you think real soldiers dont dive for cover? Or roll into a firing position?  DEFINITELY no such thing as dolphin diving.
If you cant hit them anyway STOP whining and GET BETTER.
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6806

n1nj41c l337ne55 wrote:

I dont have much of a problem with bunny hopping. It screws your aim to hell anyway. And you think real soldiers dont dive for cover? Or roll into a firing position?  DEFINITELY no such thing as dolphin diving.
You forget the lethal combination of bunny-hop and noob-tube...that actually makes me angry, and for a reason, I think. I have been using the grenade-launcher a lot in the past, and I'm really ashamed of some situations in which I used it. But after all the main point for all bunny-hop/noob-tube haters is: That's how the game was made, deal with it...
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6737
I am a bunny hopper  I guess, but not a "dolphin diver" like the previous post.  I basically combine jumping, rotating, and zig zagging to accomplish my kill.

However, I am also an Engineer, and  I cannot take out targets at a distance.  The only way for me to attack someone is to zigzag and bunny hop.  Meanwhile they are prone with an easy shot on me.  If they cant shoot me and kill me before I get in range, you deserve to die.  If I catch you close quarters, expect to die anyways with the insane damage the 11-87 has.

Likewise, if someone bunny hops me, I laugh and blast them with my 11-87.  If they kill me, good for them. All is fair in love and war.   If they did it with a noob tube, now thats a different story.

Oh, and I have only heard a hopping complaint maybe twice since Ive began my engineering.

Last edited by Sigarms357 (2005-11-14 19:32:47)

n1nj41c l337ne55
+1|6743|Pittsburgh, Virginia lol

LeGrandAssidomaen wrote:

n1nj41c l337ne55 wrote:

You forget the lethal combination of bunny-hop and noob-tube...that actually makes me angry, and for a reason, I think. I have been using the grenade-launcher a lot in the past, and I'm really ashamed of some situations in which I used it. But after all the main point for all bunny-hop/noob-tube haters is: That's how the game was made, deal with it...
EA needs to fix this. You think you could do that from the hip while jumping in real life or anywhere else besides here? At least lower ALL accuracy while jumping.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6773|Golden, CO
The only time I complain about bunny-hoppers is when I get frustrated.  I jump too, just not constantly.  I'll maybe jump once and hit the ground sprinting for cover.  After all, being behind cover is much better than bunny hopping out in the open.

Also, I play a lot of Counter-Strike: Source so I just try to avoid jumping because in CS:S your movement is slowed way down when you land.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard